PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 - The Truth

nowistoday
07-17-2003, 11:21 PM
The truth about Halo 2- I have seen the E3 footage, probably with all of you other Halo Fanatics. This game is going to be unbelievable, and the release date is changing everyday, and to spoil a little things right now, if you go to http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210263 right now you can get the Pre-Order it for a normal 50, and its release dat is set at February 2nd, 2004 to squash all those little ****s that still think it is coming about in November. But this date will jump around alot so check it daily. But with the new Halo 2, some of the new features are - New enemies, New Guns - you wont believe these, New vehicles, New stunts- like jumping on a ghost and kicking the driver out, then getting in, and also you can receive ammo and guns from fellow marines that are wounded. This footage is downloadable on Kazaa, and perhaps on bungies website after they found out somebody bootlegged it. But for now i just wanted to get rid of those absurd idiots that have there minds set on November.

nowistoday
07-18-2003, 12:33 AM
That link i gave may be broken, sorry for the confusion, but anyways go to www.gamestop.com and Type in Halo 2 in the search bar, then click on its link, this will show you the release date of Halo 2

Dyslexic Chaos
07-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Okay, no offence dude, but this is an Xbox Site, therefore, this is INCREDIABLY old news. I don't think ANYONE here has expected a November release since like March! But thanks anyway for the info man, but,lol, everyone here seen that video right after E3, and if u want a VERY easy way to get the Halo 2 video W/out the risk of Kazaa, go here...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/media.html

Free download.

BTW, welcome to XBA man!!!

JJaX
07-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Yeah, gamestop knowss the official release date... :rolleyes:

I dont even think bungie knows an exact release date.

And the fact that its not coming this november is really really really really really (you getting the point yet) really really old news.

cheetahmanhood
07-19-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by nowistoday
The truth about Halo 2- I have seen the E3 footage, probably with all of you other Halo Fanatics. This game is going to be unbelievable, and the release date is changing everyday, and to spoil a little things right now, if you go to http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210263 right now you can get the Pre-Order it for a normal 50, and its release dat is set at February 2nd, 2004 to squash all those little ****s that still think it is coming about in November. But this date will jump around alot so check it daily. But with the new Halo 2, some of the new features are - New enemies, New Guns - you wont believe these, New vehicles, New stunts- like jumping on a ghost and kicking the driver out, then getting in, and also you can receive ammo and guns from fellow marines that are wounded. This footage is downloadable on Kazaa, and perhaps on bungies website after they found out somebody bootlegged it. But for now i just wanted to get rid of those absurd idiots that have there minds set on November.
Thanks for the news man, and welcome to XBA, even though I'am new also.

Reclaimer
07-19-2003, 09:31 PM
I went on a certain tirade in a thread in this forum a little while ago basically supporting the statement that Halo2 would come out sooner than expected.

It's easy to consider. You make the hype for the game blast through the roof by giving it no actual release date, and then start trickling out things that indicate sometime next year. The hype raises some more. Pictures, and information have been steadily coming out about this game. There's a ton of in game footage now, and we saw the picture from Bungie, 2 Bungie guys actually playing the game.
How long did you think it took to make Halo. Meaning.. From start to finish. The game was done well before the xbox first shipped, and it sat in a warehouse waiting until the day the xbox was to be released. It's not like the game was made on a Monday, and sold tuesday. A lot time passes waiting for the moment to ship out. So, there was time that went by after Halo was done, and it shipped. I read awhile back from Bungie that Halo2 went into production right after Halo1 was made. So this game has been in progress for a long time.
A long time ago the Halo2 trailer came out. Meaning, they had an engine, workable code. Now there's an E3 movie, and we've seen all the in game pictures of the vehicles and everything like that.
I have reasons to believe that this game is in beta as we speak. Simply because the lenght of time it's been since the trailer, until now. And just knowing that this game has been in the works for a long time.
Now think about the chaos and the frenzy that would ensue if ths game just suddenly came out for Christmas. Everyone including my grandmother and dog was expecting Halo2 sometime next year, but let's just say that sometime late October a holiday release date is released? You thought the hype was big now, wait until something like that occurs.
Now couple that with the fact that Halo2 could coincide with Live 2.0. Anyone factor that in? Live2.0 is supposed to be better, and expanded, and just a totally better experience in all ways. So here comes Halo2, with it's Live capability built in. Ready to be released. Halo1 launched the xbox, and new begining for MS, and the it's flagship game. That's a fact. There's a lot riding on this new Live 2.0, and there's a lot of heat coming from Sony in the future. I think Halo2 will be the flagship game for Live2.0 and the propel the xbox up a few notches in the gaming market.

wbio
07-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
I went on a certain tirade in a thread in this forum a little while ago basically supporting the statement that Halo2 would come out sooner than expected.

It's easy to consider. You make the hype for the game blast through the roof by giving it no actual release date, and then start trickling out things that indicate sometime next year. The hype raises some more. Pictures, and information have been steadily coming out about this game. There's a ton of in game footage now, and we saw the picture from Bungie, 2 Bungie guys actually playing the game.
How long did you think it took to make Halo. Meaning.. From start to finish. The game was done well before the xbox first shipped, and it sat in a warehouse waiting until the day the xbox was to be released. It's not like the game was made on a Monday, and sold tuesday. A lot time passes waiting for the moment to ship out. So, there was time that went by after Halo was done, and it shipped. I read awhile back from Bungie that Halo2 went into production right after Halo1 was made. So this game has been in progress for a long time.
A long time ago the Halo2 trailer came out. Meaning, they had an engine, workable code. Now there's an E3 movie, and we've seen all the in game pictures of the vehicles and everything like that.
I have reasons to believe that this game is in beta as we speak. Simply because the lenght of time it's been since the trailer, until now. And just knowing that this game has been in the works for a long time.
Now think about the chaos and the frenzy that would ensue if ths game just suddenly came out for Christmas. Everyone including my grandmother and dog was expecting Halo2 sometime next year, but let's just say that sometime late October a holiday release date is released? You thought the hype was big now, wait until something like that occurs.
Now couple that with the fact that Halo2 could coincide with Live 2.0. Anyone factor that in? Live2.0 is supposed to be better, and expanded, and just a totally better experience in all ways. So here comes Halo2, with it's Live capability built in. Ready to be released. Halo1 launched the xbox, and new begining for MS, and the it's flagship game. That's a fact. There's a lot riding on this new Live 2.0, and there's a lot of heat coming from Sony in the future. I think Halo2 will be the flagship game for Live2.0 and the propel the xbox up a few notches in the gaming market.

Yeah, I could definetly see it coming out this year, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much:) Right now I'm just waiting for Halo PC

l Maximus l
07-21-2003, 01:41 AM
The most accurate information about Halo 2 will be straight from Bungie's website. Bottom-line, that's the only accurate info anywhere...including XBox.com and here.

lotec16
07-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer

Now couple that with the fact that Halo2 could coincide with Live 2.0. Anyone factor that in? Live2.0 is supposed to be better, and expanded, and just a totally better experience in all ways. So here comes Halo2, with it's Live capability built in. Ready to be released. Halo1 launched the xbox, and new begining for MS, and the it's flagship game. That's a fact. There's a lot riding on this new Live 2.0, and there's a lot of heat coming from Sony in the future. I think Halo2 will be the flagship game for Live2.0 and the propel the xbox up a few notches in the gaming market. you make great and valid points, i can see why they would do it, but i just don't think they would, bungie seems comitted that it will take however long it will take, i guess i kinda contradicted myself, maybe it will only take a couple more months, but they said 2004 so thats what ill go by so i don't get to happy

Lord Vivic
07-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Well as soon a Halo2 comes out I will be there to get it.I really liked the first one.

mitch2025
07-29-2003, 08:26 PM
the halo 2 footage is awsome i cant wait for the game to come out