PDA

View Full Version : Scratched XBox game disc question

jeffdj
07-18-2003, 12:47 AM
Hello,

I have a disc that is scratched. I sent it off to get resurfaced and it came back with no scratches. However, the holographic part of the disc (you know, the part closest to the center of the disc with the xbox written) has a scratch on it. Well the disc won't play.

So I'm thinking, either the scratch on that holographic part is keeping the disc from spinning or perhaps the holographic part is used to authenticate xbox discs or the resurfacing process lowered the discs width too far.

Has anyone had this problem before? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Ford Mustang
07-18-2003, 01:28 AM
I don't think the holographic part has any signifigance on the cd at all. Then again, I could be wrong, it could be another one of MS's things to try to keep people from stealing or whatever.

usafwingman8
07-21-2003, 11:48 PM
it is the holographic part the holo part is the most important part of the disk

BCan
07-22-2003, 06:07 AM
It's not the holgraphic part of the disc that is the problem, but that data that is on that part of the disc. I believe it's the Table Of Contents for a normal CD, so I would assume the same for the DVD. That means it has no idea what the disc label is, etc...

ItsCurtains
12-19-2004, 05:47 PM
I have found that my xbox has scratched 3 games now, all in the same location. Halo, Halo 2 and NHL 2005 are scratched in a circular line near the out edge. I'm suspecting something is up with the xbox internals. Has anyone else had this happen? Trying to repair the scratch does not seems to solve the problem. We're talking big money in games because apparently the system is defective. I read article dating back to 2002 where people were complaining of scratched discs.

squid413
12-19-2004, 11:58 PM
I would try running a dvd lens cleaner. Its like a normal dvd except it has brushes on it. Give it a try. It may work.

Max33
12-20-2004, 11:42 AM
I've heard that having xbox discs resurfaced is a definate no-no.