PDA

View Full Version : Did I just play KOTOR for 10 hrs straight?

TegSkywalker
07-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Yup just took a break from Knights of the Old Republic around a half hour ago and phew... my eyes are tired. Picked it up today around 2 pm or so and been going at it non stop.

What an engrossing game! I haven't had this much RPG fun since Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation! I have been reading a few threads about people saying that this game isn't for everyone and so on. I say... give the game a chance!

I used to hate RPGs in the pre-Playstation era (FF3) but they have really grown on me in the last few generations which included FF7, Xenogears, the Shenmue series, and of course KOTOR.

Definately worth the $50. :cool:

selowitch
07-18-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by TegSkywalker
Yup just took a break from Knights of the Old Republic around a half hour ago and phew... my eyes are tired. Picked it up today around 2 pm or so and been going at it non stop.

Hmmm. We only thought that Matrix warrior Neo was learning Kung Fu during his lengthy session with Tank ... but in reality, he was actually playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic!

TANK: Hey, Mikey -- I think he likes it. How about some more?
NEO: Hell yes.... Hell yes.
MORPHEUS: How's he doing?
TANK: Ten hours straight. He's ... a machine!

Papke
07-18-2003, 07:24 PM
I've played about 15 hours in the first 2 days!! I LOVE IT!

AlBoogy
07-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Papke
I've played about 15 hours in the first 2 days!! I LOVE IT!

Wow. I havent quite played as much but I did play for about 5 hours straight today. I JUST got my lightsaber *spoilers*

Im not to sure if I was doing the right thing but I guess Im supposed to go into that area where there is a lot of tall grass and the rabid dogs. I couldnt get into that door so I went around and fought that jedi (i didnt even talk to her, im darrrrrrrk! lol) I got killed shortly after that. Am I on the right track?

Papke
07-18-2003, 08:43 PM
**SPOILERS**

If you're talking about that Juhani girl with the messed up pony-tail thing, then yes you are. That's the last part of the jedi trials.

AlBoogy
07-18-2003, 08:55 PM
**SPOILERS**

If you're talking about that Juhani girl with the messed up pony-tail thing, then yes you are. That's the last part of the jedi trials.

Well, I didnt pay to much attention to her hair but I know right before I was going to fight her, she froze up my 2 other party members.

Papke
07-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Yeah, that's her.

Kortiz
07-18-2003, 09:30 PM
are you guys off taris yet?

Papke
07-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I got off Taris this morning. I'm about to leave the next planet you visit, Dantooine. This game is addicting.

AlBoogy
07-19-2003, 12:06 AM
Hey Pap, did you solve that case? I thought I did but I ended up being wrong. If you did solve it, did you get anything? Is it worth going back and getting right?

Kortiz
07-19-2003, 12:46 AM
Did you all do all of the mini quests on Taris? or did get get the F off the planet as soon as you could?

Also....what level were you when you left Taris?

AlBoogy
07-19-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Fosho
Did you all do all of the mini quests on Taris? or did get get the F off the planet as soon as you could?

Also....what level were you when you left Taris?

I did the card game and the battle arenat (beating it gives you dark points! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA). And I got the syrum for the hospital or whatever. But again, I refused to give it to them BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kortiz
07-19-2003, 08:03 AM
I did the arena battle up until the last guy.....and i saved the 2 peeps in the lower city that had the disease and gave the serum to that hospital and......i couldnt find the girl of that old man down in the sewers.......dunno where she was down there.....

Taris was fun....this new planet im on is uber. Grassy......loads and loads of foos to kill. I wanna beat them all. ALL OF THEM I TELL YOU! ALL OF THEM! I'm doing my last test to become a padawan.

I have a Blue LightSaber. WUWU! IM UBER! They asked me waht i wanted to do......i just said KILL IT! lol and they agreed i needed blue.

this game is so fun. I cannot wait to play again......i'd still be playing right now........but my dad woke up and wanted to watch tv..........i guess im not going to sleep now lol!

cheedoh
07-19-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Hey Pap, did you solve that case? I thought I did but I ended up being wrong. If you did solve it, did you get anything? Is it worth going back and getting right?

I solved the case. You don't get anything in return except the quest being done. lol. I'm in the ruins right now, them droids in there are hard as hell. I think i'm just gonna go back out and lvl up some more on them doggies. I might just go back and kill the mandalorian leader, who i would've killed earlier but i got scurred. :o

Papke
07-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

Alboogy, I got that stupid case wrong too, so I went back and redid it, but you only got more XP I think. I'm pretty sure you don't get any light or dark points.

Edit* Cheedoh beat me to it, but I didn't see his. Oh well, now you know for sure that you only get more xp.:D

JJaX
07-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by cheedoh

I solved the case. You don't get anything in return except the quest being done. lol. I'm in the ruins right now, them droids in there are hard as hell. I think i'm just gonna go back out and lvl up some more on them doggies. I might just go back and kill the mandalorian leader, who i would've killed earlier but i got scurred. :o

Just use a bunch of ion grenades and equip ion blasters/rifles, Strength boosters help A LOT when fighting these 2 droids.
Stun droid seems to lowers its defense as well.

Papke
07-19-2003, 03:45 PM
I have a total of 7 lightsabers now. I have my own double-bladed one that I put a green crystal and a power crystal in. These crazy mofos tried to jump me on Tatooine and when I finished them off I got a short lightsaber. Then I have 5 other regular ones from various people. Whenever I try to use 2 at a time I miss almost every attack tho. So I stick to my disruptor rifle or my double-bladed lightsaber.

AlBoogy
07-19-2003, 03:58 PM

Alboogy, I got that stupid case wrong too, so I went back and redid it, but you only got more XP I think. I'm pretty sure you don't get any light or dark points.

Edit* Cheedoh beat me to it, but I didn't see his. Oh well, now you know for sure that you only get more xp.:D

Alright, then I will just skip it. I was afraid if I did solve it that I would get light points and my guy cant have that! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

cheedoh
07-19-2003, 05:10 PM
Wheres the crystal cave! I haven't found it yet. And where's that droid that one chick wants me to find?:watchout:

cheedoh
07-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Just use a bunch of ion grenades and equip ion blasters/rifles, Strength boosters help A LOT when fighting these 2 droids.
Stun droid seems to lowers its defense as well.

The sherruk dude keeps killing me.:cuss:

Edit: Never mind he's dead now, i just ran around in circles letting my party members shoot him. :cheers:

TegSkywalker
07-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by cheedoh
Wheres the crystal cave! I haven't found it yet. And where's that droid that one chick wants me to find?:watchout:

The crystal cave is on the outskirts near where you kill the Mandalorian leader. I don't remember exactly where it is coordinate wise, but you will see it on the left side of your screen as a hole in the middle of a rock. heh

From there, go inside and defeat the monsters that try to attack you. Then walk up to each different colored crystal, press A, and take as many crystals as you can in various colors.

As for the droid, he should be around there in the grasslands around a group of the koth animals. Once you kill them, talk to him, and convince the droid to go back to the owner.

JJaX
07-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Thats odd...

I explored every inch of that area and couldnt find the leader.

Hmmm ill check again.

Kortiz
07-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Thats odd...

I explored every inch of that area and couldnt find the leader.

Hmmm ill check again.

I think that the leader fight will occur after you have killed a group of madawhatchamacallsems in the same spot.......after you kill that group the first time.....then go back after awhile and you will encounter him.....hard biabia too mang.

JJaX
07-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Fosho

I think that the leader fight will occur after you have killed a group of madawhatchamacallsems in the same spot.......after you kill that group the first time.....then go back after awhile and you will encounter him.....hard biabia too mang.

Thats the thing, ive killed everything moviing out there :cheers:

And im sure ill whoop his ass. My party is pretty tough. I didnt even have a tough time with the guardian droids. :D

But he is all the way in the south east? Ill fly back to datoonie and check it out. THanks

Kortiz
07-20-2003, 06:38 PM
ok, you know where you were supposed to cleanse that spiritual grounds place......go there and then face outwards from it.....you will see a clear path through a small opening in the walls of the zone........go straight if you dont see the guys there waiting for you i dunno what to do.........that is where they were for me.

JJaX
07-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Yeah i went back and he was there. I whooped his ass with ease and moved on. I just got done with tatoonie and im at manaan now.

Veno
07-21-2003, 02:33 PM
For those who beat the dueling tourny, how the hell did you do it? I'm level 6 and I can't do **** against Marl. In one hit he'll take you down from full hp to nothing. And yes, i'm a fighter. I'm using a longsword in one hand and a prototype vibroblade in the other. I have 72 hp and I can take out about 8 rakghouls at once. Also, will someone please tell me how you get past the rancor. I don't know how to use the damn odor spray or whatever. I'm guessing I have to find some substance the rancor likes - to put it on. Can you tell me where I can get that substance?

Haggard Jedi
07-21-2003, 02:44 PM
its sooooooooo addictive lol

thrAsher
07-21-2003, 02:45 PM
veno: Not sure on the Dueling Ring quest, I beat Ice and never went back to it.

Now, as for the Rancor, I've heard you put the jar of odor/scent into a corpse in the Rancor room, along with a grenade. I think that's how it goes.

I went another route: I snuck up with Mission and laid about 4 or 5 frag mines behind it in a line, then took a couple shots to get its attention (he charges you, setting off the mines as he does). That weakened him enough that I could take him out with some well placed blaster shots.

Veno
07-21-2003, 02:56 PM
it says the synth odor isnt a usable item, and how do you drop a grenade on a corpse? Also, i don't have any grenades for some reason. I had 8 like 2 hours ago, and I haven't use any of them but they're not in inventory anymore for some reason.

edit: nm, i got him, thanks.

JJaX
07-21-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Veno
it says the synth odor isnt a usable item, and how do you drop a grenade on a corpse? Also, i don't have any grenades for some reason. I had 8 like 2 hours ago, and I haven't use any of them but they're not in inventory anymore for some reason.

edit: nm, i got him, thanks.

Open > Corpse

Press X to place items

Veno
07-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Just finished black vulkars base or whatever, got the 2k credits, killed the stoned droid and upgraded a prototype vibroblade. Unfortunately I hit the wrong answer and I decided not to kill the bejik or whatevers leader. Oh yeah, and i got the prototype accel, what the hell do i do now? looked arounde verywhere for something to do, can't find anything.

JJaX
07-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Veno
Just finished black vulkars base or whatever, got the 2k credits, killed the stoned droid and upgraded a prototype vibroblade. Unfortunately I hit the wrong answer and I decided not to kill the bejik or whatevers leader. Oh yeah, and i got the prototype accel, what the hell do i do now? looked arounde verywhere for something to do, can't find anything.

Do you actually read whats going on? Bring the Prototype accellerator to the leader of the other gang. Remember? Hes the one that told you to get it.... :huh:

Veno
07-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Yeah, right after i typed that i looked at my data recorder thing. I just rescued bastila and im heading to the cantina to talk to that bounty hunter.

Veno
07-21-2003, 04:34 PM
you guys know where janice nall is?

Veno
07-21-2003, 05:19 PM
You know how to unlock the elevator in the sith base? i've looked for a key, and all i see is a transformer in the room with the elev door.

edit: literally 5 seconds after i typed this i found the passcard lol..

Arven
07-21-2003, 11:39 PM
POST SPOILER WARNINGS!!!!

Please!

:cuss:

Duke
07-22-2003, 12:16 AM
Eh, I think it's too late for that. Pretty much this entire thread is full of 'em. Maybe better to start labeling thread titles *spoilers* or *no spoilers*

Huckleberry
07-22-2003, 01:00 AM
I have a total of 7 lightsabers now. I have my own double-bladed one that I put a green crystal and a power crystal in. These crazy mofos tried to jump me on Tatooine and when I finished them off I got a short lightsaber. Then I have 5 other regular ones from various people. Whenever I try to use 2 at a time I miss almost every attack tho. So I stick to my disruptor rifle or my double-bladed lightsaber.

i've got 4 jedi and 8 light sabers. i am equipped with 2 regular (one purple and one blue) and have 2 jedi in my party equipped w/double bladed light sabers. i have two other regular and two short ones.

so far, i'm not having too much trouble hitting with any of them. the only one that gave me a lot of trouble was the last group of mandelorians on the wookie planet....

JJaX
07-22-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Arven
POST SPOILER WARNINGS!!!!

Please!

:cuss:

Good point.

Im PM people if they are lost, or if i need help :cheers:

RudedogX
07-22-2003, 07:39 AM
I will say thanks for the Rancor strategy! I'm going to have to try this when I get home. I just got to him last night....Damn this is going addictive!

JJaX
07-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I will say thanks for the Rancor strategy! I'm going to have to try this when I get home. I just got to him last night....Damn this is going addictive!

Im glad you are enjoying it. :)

Thats what great RPGs do to people. They make you want to log back into their world.