PDA

View Full Version : Football Season IS COMING

bluace98
07-18-2003, 06:58 AM
Inevitably, the great football season is just around the corner, and i bet the questions will come EA vs. Sega. I have one single question: Why doesn't EA support XbL? Personally I because if they did....sega wouldn't have a chance on the Xbox. Is it becuase of MS garbage azz FEVER or what? Plus, EA has the best college game ever made, SEGA isn't even releasing a college game this year becuase of it. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MS AND EA...can't we all just get along?????

borka105
07-18-2003, 09:38 AM
have you been living underground for the past 3 months?

pay a bit more attenion to FEVER because it's made a complete 180 and most thought it was the best if not second to best football game at E3.

-borka105

Rooster
07-18-2003, 01:01 PM
Okay the reason for EA not doing anything on Live is that they wanted control over the servers and Microsoft said no on that. EA wants to shut down the old server when the new version of say Madden comes out, Microsoft said that was not their way of doing things. They fought for a while and EA walked over to the crappy ps2 online plan. They are just being selfish that is all.

Now as for your Fever crack, in the past that was true. However if you read the previews and hands on from E3 this game has re invented itself. They put in 2 new pass types, new animations, clean up graphics, different jukes, etc, etc, etc. The game has gotten very good previews so far and could be a sleeper hit. Maybe not up there by Madden or 2k4, but a very nice secondary choice. So before you go shooting your mouth off why not research a little bit.

SkoalMint
07-18-2003, 01:47 PM
One other factor to consider is the inclusion of XSN support for Fever. Depending on how this is implemented, it could make this the preferred football title on XBL.

CrazyCougar
07-18-2003, 07:42 PM
While reviews and previews all look great and sound wonderful in black and white I still have yet to believe in Microsofts ability to make a great sports game. Pictures released to the public are of course doctored and not always the final product. Just like movie trailers, they show you the best parts while the rest of the movie sucks ass.

I will NOT give Fever an props, because it doesnt deserve it. Once the game comes out and I play it, then I will give credit where credit is due. Fever has been an absolutely terrible excuse for a football game the past 2 years and needs to really have done a 180 like borka said, otherwise Fever stays in the cellar where it belongs.

borka105
07-19-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
While reviews and previews all look great and sound wonderful in black and white I still have yet to believe in Microsofts ability to make a great sports game. Pictures released to the public are of course doctored and not always the final product. Just like movie trailers, they show you the best parts while the rest of the movie sucks ass.

I will NOT give Fever an props, because it doesnt deserve it. Once the game comes out and I play it, then I will give credit where credit is due. Fever has been an absolutely terrible excuse for a football game the past 2 years and needs to really have done a 180 like borka said, otherwise Fever stays in the cellar where it belongs.

according to those who playe it at E3 it has.....

hopefully it will change your mind when you play it.

-borka105

Duke
07-21-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
One other factor to consider is the inclusion of XSN support for Fever. Depending on how this is implemented, it could make this the preferred football title on XBL.

I'm gonna give this one a chance this year. Although right now, I'm leaning heavily towards ESPN.

Might even pick up Madden, I've heard that they actually made changes to it this year instead of just upping the gfx and updating the rosters. I was raised on it. I guess there's a chance I'll end up w/ all 3.