PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Sale Report!

lotec16
07-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Nearly 9.5 million Xbox units have been sold since the console's release. Microsoft has released some sales information regarding the Xbox in its fourth-quarter earnings report. According to the company, approximately 9.4 million Xbox units have been sold worldwide since the console's launch, and the company expects to have sold 14.5 to 16 million units by the end of the next fiscal year. In addition, Xbox Live has secured more than 500,000 subscribers and has been supporting more than 1 million game sessions per week. Microsoft expects to have a very strong fiscal year, as a number of high-profile games, such as Halo 2, are scheduled for release in that time period.

Thats from gamespot.com and you can find the article here (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/news/news_6071858.html) .

With halo selling 3 million, thats 1 in 3 xboxs has halo.

~My opinion~

But with 500,000 people on xbox live and only 1 million game a week, thats only 2 games per person, not very much

With halo 2 on xbox live, subscription will probly go up to 900,000 and have ~20 million games a week, can't wait

Will doom 3 and half-life 2 be xbox live enabled?

Xbox Owner
07-18-2003, 01:17 PM
In worldwide sales, Xbox is in last place I guess. I don't know though, there's so much sales numbers going around..but these one's seem as they're true, coming from Microsoft. But..the June sales are something like this..I remember seenig them yesterday.

PS2: 261,000
Xbox: 239,000
Gamecube: 150,000

I think that was gamecube's, but I'm pretty sure on Xbox/PS2, because PS2 barely outsold Xbox for the month of June.:)

El Latino Mafioso
07-18-2003, 05:50 PM
I was expecting at least some 15 million, not only 9...but I don't think It is doing so bad... ;)

l8ter