PDA

View Full Version : This Holiday Season: Vice City, Mafia, True Crime: Streets of L.A.... OMG!

borka105
07-18-2003, 03:34 PM
you talk about a knockout punch, the xbox is scheduled to get all three before year's end.

so if you could only buy one, which would it be?

*I would get Mafia: I love the atmosphere and the vehicles in the game.

-borka105

thrAsher
07-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Easy, True Crime:Streets of LA.

It's open-ended, got a mix of shoot 'em up action and kung-fu/street brawlin'. Plus you get to bust dirtbag pursesnatchers and all kinds of other side quest stuff. Should rock pretty hard.

Vice City and Mafia are old news, boring if you ask me.

Xbox Owner
07-18-2003, 04:22 PM
rainbow six 3:cool:

Spellfire
07-18-2003, 04:28 PM
I would agree to True Crime. Open ended and fun looking gameplay. Besides I'd rather be a cop than a scum bag criminal. I loved Max Payne, so even though I am edging toward True Crime, they all look promising.

Bakeman
07-18-2003, 05:14 PM
True Crime for the simple fact that Mafia is on the PC and I have it.. and GTA is on the PS2 and I've played it enough.

Other then that..

True Crime does look good and I will be at the very least renting this one. I'm hoping it's really good and I'll be ready to buy it if it is.

Shadow20002
07-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Vice City is old and Mafia too. I have already play these ones. Should get True Crime. :p

carlbme
07-18-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Vice City is old and Mafia too. I have already play these ones. Should get True Crime. :p

Same here, but I might actually pick Mafia up anyway even though I've beat both VC and Mafia. Mafia was just awsome. I hope they've added a bit extra and upgraded the graphics a little bit.

Ford Mustang
07-18-2003, 07:03 PM
I want to get Mafia and True Crime. I have Vice City on the comp...so I'm all set on that. Mafia, though, I have never played. I will at least rent both of them, if not buy them.

Casper
07-18-2003, 08:37 PM
I got to play True Crime, and can't really believe they are getting away with how identical it was to the GTA series (blue marker for places to start a mission and such) but it really was nice. I only got to play on one board, but managed to get into a few fights and handcuff some guys after I beat their ass. Well, add all 3 of these with GR:IT and RS3 to the next 5 that I will be getting. Haven't purchased anything since Inside Pitch, so it's about time I add some more games this fall.

Kortiz
07-18-2003, 09:36 PM
if i have the money......i'll get all 3. I may though get GTA: VC and MAFIA on PC instead.......it will be cheaper by then i hope anyway....and since im building a new PC in a few months.....another reason to test out my G-card and ish.

Viper87227
07-19-2003, 12:52 AM
True Crime looks amazing....Mafia will also be good and I am sure ill get it in due time. Vice city I am about half way thru on PS2 right now...I dont care what features the xbox version has, im to far into the game to restart

l Maximus l
07-21-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by casper
I got to play True Crime, and can't really believe they are getting away with how identical it was to the GTA series (blue marker for places to start a mission and such) but it really was nice. I only got to play on one board, but managed to get into a few fights and handcuff some guys after I beat their ass. Well, add all 3 of these with GR:IT and RS3 to the next 5 that I will be getting. Haven't purchased anything since Inside Pitch, so it's about time I add some more games this fall.

I feel ya, dude...I don't plan on picking anything up until Fall. I'm enjoying Summer way too much than to sit inside and play games. I know I know I know...what am I saying!? Believe it or not, the weather has been unbelievable in Seattle...>This Summer rocks! Hot every single day...no rain...and too many damn things to do outside.

Come Fall, I'll be inside out since the rains will here.

borka105
07-21-2003, 07:55 AM
yeah, my relative said it was like 90 degrees yesterday.....

do you have air conditioning? many people in seattle don't.....

-borka105