PDA

View Full Version : Hdtv

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:06 PM
Ok i know this may sound stupid but o well. What exzactly is HDTV obviously its some sort of tv but what are the benifits.

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 05:08 PM
more lines of resolution+3D YC filter+better colors=more realistic viewing for movies...even football..it just looks better because it is like you are actually there

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:12 PM
Thanks ill probably go get one now if it improves my BOX

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 05:17 PM
XAddict...HDTV stands for High Definition Television...the screen is wider than it is tall, similar to a movie screen format. The definition is so much more advanced than a regular TV and it's as crystal clear as your computer monitor you are looking at.

Imagine watching a regular game of NFL football on TV but being able to actually see the sweet drops on the players faces....It's as if you are standing on the football field. I want one badly...I just need to save up some more duckets :D

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 05:20 PM
Yeah they are pretty expensive! Just make sure if you ever save up, the cheaper HDTVs "trick" you because you may still need to buy a box to receive the HDTV signal...but I remember reading somewhere than in 5-6 years HDTV broadcasting will happen on every network and it will become the new standard...which I kind of beleive, and im sure by then the technology price will be comparable to the high-end TVs of today

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:22 PM
Im sure its to much for me right now. I will deffinitly get it in the future. I think since the xbox is so good i might as well just try to improve other things to bring them up to the box's level

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Yeah they are pretty expensive! Just make sure if you ever save up, the cheaper HDTVs "trick" you because you may still need to buy a box to receive the HDTV signal...but I remember reading somewhere than in 5-6 years HDTV broadcasting will happen on every network and it will become the new standard...which I kind of beleive, and im sure by then the technology price will be comparable to the high-end TVs of today

Hey, Frostberg...it's not at all a rumor. By 2006, it will be mandatory for all networks to broadcast in high definition. It's coming soon...very soon :) You can check with any TV dealer...the most reliable dealers are the ones that have TVs as their flagship products otherwise someone over at, let's say, a Wal-Mart most-likely might not know.

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:18 AM
hdtv are getting cheaper all the time... im waiting a bit for mine

LynxFX
12-15-2001, 01:55 AM
Then once the new standard kicks in which also kicks in the 16x9 ratio standard that comes with HDTV all of those joe 6 packs that complain now about those little black bars from widescreen movies will be complaining about all the black bars on the side of their HDTV screens because they bought full frame DVD movies. Poor suckers.

Stick with original aspect ratio for all your movie needs and you will never be sorry.

smack119
12-15-2001, 01:57 AM
**** i didnt think of that....good think most dvd's are widescreen anyway... all mine are so far i just checked

Hugh_Jass
12-15-2001, 08:03 AM
This page will probably answer all of the questions you have about HDTV:

http://www.nwlink.com/~rxg/hdtv.html