PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on Soul Claibur 2: Just Played the Demo!

MixMasta
07-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Ok, I was at the mall today and I stopped over at Gamestop to check out some stuff, and guess what PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox had playing on them, a Soul Calibur 2 demo!! The demo features 2 PLAYABLE characters:

Cassandra Alexandra

http://www.soulcalibur.com/images/souls/cassandra/header.jpg

Raphael Sorel

http://www.soulcalibur.com/images/souls/raphael/header.jpg

I played it for about 20 minutes, beating the only avaliable mode, Action, and also playing a few matches against another customer at the store; lets just say he failed miserably in his efforts to defeat me. There was a kid waiting to play the Xbox version, so I let him take my spot. Then I noticed that each console had 2 people playing Soul Calibur 2 against eachother. I even saw someone fighting Link on the the GameCube vesion. I had never played the Soul Calibur franchise before, and lets just say that this game rocks as a fighter. The gameplay is just so sweet and awesome, I was able to pull off some mad combos as well. I am definitely picking this one up, if just for the gameplay. This leads me to a dissapointing factor, the graphics. I thought the characters were very similar model wise and style wise to the characters of DOA3, I noticed this is the girls mostly. The other characters were also pretty good looking, but just not as good as DOA3 IMO. The backgrounds IMO were boring, and flat. I don't think they used bump mapping at all on this part, and if they did I couldn't tell. The game just kind of looked ported. The characters did speak in Japanese, there were no subtitles though, so whoever said the US version was dubbed or something, could be wrong, or this could just be an earlier build not yet equipped with the English voices. Well I hope this game gets a little better in the graphics department before it is released, other than that, I loved it. So go to Gamestop and play it now.

Youko
07-20-2003, 06:28 PM
I think there will be sub titles like in the original...it is a demo after all

Liquid Gears
07-20-2003, 07:56 PM
That's awesome Mix. I haven't been up to date on what demos are out on the OXM demo disc's lately & what demos are coming out. What issue is the Soul Calibur II demo gonna be in for OXM?

MixMasta
07-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
That's awesome Mix. I haven't been up to date on what demos are out on the OXM demo disc's lately & what demos are coming out. What issue is the Soul Calibur II demo gonna be in for OXM?

KNowing them we should be able to play SC2 sometime around Xmas.:eek: :cry:

Just go to whatever stores you usaully buy video games at in Canada and if they have an Xbox Kiosk they should have this.

Liquid Gears
07-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Xmas?!

Screw that. The game comes out next month and I'll be buying it the first day it comes out. Whatever, I don't need to play the demo anyway. I've played this game many times before...

GokuX
07-21-2003, 06:00 PM
Sadly, the Xbox kiosk didn't have SC2 running so I was forced to play it on the GC and it's controller. The game was still amazing despite the harsh GC button layout.

Hugopolo
08-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Yeah same with me I hate that controller but the game is still awesome