PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR (light or dark?)

blewis
07-20-2003, 07:19 PM
I've put in about 8 hours now and am learning to the light. As I look at force powers in the booklet though, the dark force powers seem a hell of a lot better.

Which way did you go? Or going?

hiter101
07-20-2003, 07:59 PM
dark mwhahahahahahahahaha

i get to wound people :D

studepaber
07-20-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by hiter101
dark mwhahahahahahahahaha

i get to wound people :D

Ditto, and pi$$ them off as well :D

Seawolf X
07-20-2003, 08:45 PM
dark...PERIOD.

hiter101
07-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Seawolf X
dark...PERIOD.

u have a dark period? :D

Liquid Gears
07-20-2003, 09:23 PM
Dark Side Baby!

thrAsher
07-20-2003, 11:43 PM
This would have made a great poll, but whatever.

I'm going light first time through. I'll throw the dark smackdown my next run through. :D

selowitch
07-21-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I'm going light first time through. I'll throw the dark smackdown my next run through. :D

My plan exactly. Interestingly enough, being a goody-two-shoes the first time out is strangely fun.

I always felt uncomfortable with LucasArts titles that stressed playing the outcast (Kyle Katarn), who is so not a Jedi in spirit. I personally like to play the berobed philosopher, speaking in low, reverent tones about the redemptive power of the Force.

My sixth-level warrior isn't there yet, of course. But doesn't he get to choose a Jedi subclass sometime around now?

Liquid Gears
07-21-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher

I got the same plan going on, except mines the other way around. Also, I'm gonna test out a chick next time. See what kinda skills I can pull off with the fem.

kenji
07-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Light. It is just the person I am, even though I am going to be evil next time because being evil is so much easier. What happens when you are neutral? Do you just get the Core Powers?

Slayer02
07-21-2003, 07:08 PM
You can use Dark powers as a light Jedi. So I still get to use my "Kill" power on you all. :D ( Really good power, btw. ) But I am going through Light right now, finding the star maps sucks. Just got off Korriban. Anyhow, Dark just wasn't appealing to me as light. What? I'm a good guy...

blewis
07-21-2003, 07:35 PM
From the IGN guide:

You get access to all powers whether you're light, dark, or nuetral. Opposing force powers are just more "expensive" to use. It's "expensive" for a Neuatral Jedi to use light AND dark force powers.

Make sense?

Seawolf X
07-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by hiter101

u have a dark period? :D

KOTEX. fits...PERIOD!

Kotex Maxi Pads with Wings

*Featuring the Flexi-Groove™ channel for secure protection.
*And the Leak Lock™ system - a unique dual-layer design with more absorbent where you need it.
*Wings with re-adjustable attachments from Velcro USA Inc. for a secure fit - more comfortable than the other leading brand*.

I can see it now:eek:

"Mommy," the budding teenager says, looking at her crotch, "I think it's my time. But maxipads are so uncomfortable, and I'm the first one to start my period - they'll laugh at me!" "Well, dear," says the wise mom, reaching into the cabinet, "These new SpongeBob SquarePads are cushy... And collectible!"

Get rid of these bloody commercials...literally!

RyoTheWanderer
07-22-2003, 01:44 AM
I've put in about 8 hours now and am learning to the light. As I look at force powers in the booklet though, the dark force powers seem a hell of a lot better.

dude, 8 hours and STARTING to lean towards the light, im 5 hours in and im COMPLETLY EVIL, BOW DOWN TO THE EVIL!!!! fyi, the only good force power is destroy droid, even though that makes no sense, but why do that when u have force lightning that harms ALL beings!

Kortiz
07-22-2003, 01:55 AM
What about stasis? I cant remember if that is universal or light......either way.......You get that in the 3rd upgrade and you can put all foos within a 10foot radius or some ish into a dazed state for a few secs or so......yeah......

prakeem
07-22-2003, 02:59 AM
u have a dark period?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Arashi
07-22-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm a Dark Jedi guardian chick. Was gonna go Light the first time through, but you get more money and cooler powers being Dark. Next time, I'll be light and be a Jedi Consular. Since they focus more on the Force, that should mean that they can use both kinds of powers right? After all, Jolee Bindo was able to do that.

BTW, what's so funny about dark period? I'd probably find it to be more funny if he said, "light...period". :D

pepitonet
07-22-2003, 09:25 PM
i am a light jedi guardian just casue i like to follow the rules,though i must admit sometimes i feel frustrated and want to take the rewards and kill someone but i hold on

CarGuy
07-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Just beat it with a darksider and it was very rewarding. Im going to take my time (Especially on Taris!) and beat it with a lightsider.

thrAsher
07-22-2003, 11:09 PM
I'm a light side character, and I use my dark powers way more than my light powers. I use heal a little, and the protective ones, but mostly I lay the smack down with dark side powers. Insanity is a great dark side power. It takes out whole roomfulls of badguys (throws them in a horror-filled, catatonic state).

And Mission is the best assassin in the galaxy in the latter part of the game.

RudedogX
07-23-2003, 08:04 AM
I'm a light side Jedi Consular. I just became a Jedi though. So am I hearing that I should get Mission to be on more missions with me instead of using Bastilla and the guy that you start out teaming with?

Duke
07-23-2003, 10:31 AM
*possible spoiler, but not really*

I don't think so Rude. I rarely use Mission. In case anyone didn't know, but active and non-active party members receive the exp points. (didn't see that in the manual, but in one of the load screens)

Someone said something about need Mission to help her bro out, but she never even left the Ebon Hawk and I did it.

RudedogX
07-23-2003, 10:32 AM
That experience points tip is good to know. I'll have to remember that one, Thanks!

thrAsher
07-23-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I'm a light side Jedi Consular. I just became a Jedi though. So am I hearing that I should get Mission to be on more missions with me instead of using Bastilla and the guy that you start out teaming with?

rudedogX: I don't use her as much now that I'm getting deeper into this game. Still, when I need some mines removed, or a lock picked, I bring her along.

She gets pretty badass, though. I can go into stealth mode with her and sneak up on a guy, usually wasting him with one or two strikes w/ a vibroblade. Gotta love them thieves!

So, yeah, lately I've been mixing it up just to get all my characters leveled and armed w/ my new goodies. HK-47 is just funny to have on hand for his commentary, and Bastila simply kicks mighty Sith tooshie. I have to say, I don't use Zaalbar or the little droid hardly at all. They just kick it in the Ebon Hawk playing Pazaak all day.

Diddy
07-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Yeah, HK isnt good for much else but running his mouth, along with Canderous sometimes.

and after trying to be all nice to these people, they have finally broke me and now I am killing and ****ing off people, the dark side has me!!!!!!!

And I De-Boed a short lightsaber from those punk ass Dark Jedis on Tatooine along with thier outfits, and now i have a couple of hoss red Saber, MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!

SakapuntaS
07-24-2003, 12:43 AM
My level 17 Sentinel / Scoundrel/ Female is maxed out on light side points. I am about 23 hours in, shes been maxed out since at least hour 19. I don't have *any dark side powers, I am strictly light. Also, I dont know what you're talking about the light side doesnt have any good powers, if Wave is a light power, than that seriously kicks ass. I run into a room and bam, everyones on the ground, 1.5x dmg, and stunned for 6 seconds. And since I am maxed on light, I can do a wave like 10 times easily without running out of force power. I have never accepted an award, I have never killed when it is not a necessary, I have converted many, I am a Jedi Master fighting for the Republic.

btw- I don't care what you Dark Jedi's think about light siders, I'll roast any damn one of you- Of course, after I've tried to convert you =)

-Saka

Hugh_Jass
07-25-2003, 07:13 AM
I've only received one dark side point so far. I just couldn't let Starkiller live. I had to prove myself dueling champion...and it felt great!

hiter101
07-25-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by SakapuntaS
My level 17 Sentinel / Scoundrel/ Female is maxed out on light side points. I am about 23 hours in, shes been maxed out since at least hour 19. I don't have *any dark side powers, I am strictly light. Also, I dont know what you're talking about the light side doesnt have any good powers, if Wave is a light power, than that seriously kicks ass. I run into a room and bam, everyones on the ground, 1.5x dmg, and stunned for 6 seconds. And since I am maxed on light, I can do a wave like 10 times easily without running out of force power. I have never accepted an award, I have never killed when it is not a necessary, I have converted many, I am a Jedi Master fighting for the Republic.

btw- I don't care what you Dark Jedi's think about light siders, I'll roast any damn one of you- Of course, after I've tried to convert you =)

-Saka

man my dark jedi will kill you where u stand 1 force kill and your down i wont even let u say come to the light side :D

SakapuntaS
07-28-2003, 05:36 PM
1. Im wearing an electricity immunity belt
2. I have force resistance immunity (power)
3. I am the ****.

- Your dark side force powers would do 0 dmg against me...Bahaha...

kenji
07-28-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by SakapuntaS

-Saka Wave is a kick-ass move, but it is a core power. LIight or dark can use it for the same cost.

Now that I am 25 hours into the game and still light, though I am sorely wishly that I went dark. I never use my light force powers, ever. The only ones I use are Wave and Master Speed, and I have to say that Master Speed is probably the most usefull one there is.

Slayer02
07-29-2003, 01:11 AM
Ok I have beat it with both... Dark was much more rewarding, but harder at the end. (Would you rather take on Malak by yourself or with Canderous and HK-47/Jolee/Juhani/Carth (I....Hate....Carth.....So....Stupid!) ?) Anyhow, still was pretty easy. But MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DESTROY DROID, or you're screwed. And the plot twists at the end are awesome! Heh heh heh.... P.S. On lightside powers, Master Valor, Master Speed, and Energy Resistance are all very useful later on. On the Dark side the only things worth it are Force Storm and Destroy Droid, Drain Life isn't half bad either and can really help with Malak.

Toder
07-29-2003, 01:34 AM
i finished fully on the light side and only had one dark point against me. I took rewards but i never pursaded for more( I got have some cash). I used dual light sabers one yellow and a short blue one which added additional attack points to my strikes. then being to upgrade both they ended up doint alot of damage. i didn't even bother getting destroy droid i always kept of droud in crystal in one of my light sabers. the main powers that i used were staysis i set my other jedi up as the jedi script and they would cast spells that afftected me like speed and valor. but i did use death field tward the end becausesince one of those help on screen hints said i could and it became wuite helpfull with all those jedi on the star forge.

Wolf
07-29-2003, 09:10 AM
i'm going light so far

thrAsher
07-29-2003, 09:30 AM
I beat KOTOR w/ a Light sider, and took on Malak alone. He was kicking my arse the first time around, but I started back at the temple and toyed with my lightsaber settings (went from dual sabers to one sick a$$ double-sided blade) and the next time I met up with him, I went solo again and whooped his evil rear inside out. :D

I'm taking another jaunt through KOTOR, and this time I'm using a female scoundrel, name of Sinris Kass. I'll do anything if the price is right, but I have a soft spot for the helpless. It's been tougher, as my character isn't that durable, but I alleviate this little nuisance by bringing along my heavy hitters (really, only the Wookie w/ a vibroblade and Mission as grenade/blaster support). It's been fun picking up Dark Side points, but so far I'm still rather neutral, which is how I wanted to play through this time, albeit tending toward the Dark Side (for the shnazzy powers that side affords). :wink:

I figure I'll get another 80-100 hours out of KOTOR by playing my scoundrel through, and then trying out a Dark Side soldier.

Yeeehaw!

Huckleberry
08-04-2003, 01:25 AM
i just finished my 2nd time through...first was a lightside male jedi consular...second was a darkside female jedi sentinel. i didn't really find too many differences until the planet you crashland on. the high point of the dark side was getting zaalbar to kill mission cuz i told him to! i fought malak alone both times and had no trouble beating him either way. in fact, the most difficult battle i had in the game was with the mandalorians on kaashyyyk the first time i played. that's cuz i went to kaashyyyk first adn didn't have a lot of experience yet. the next time i reversed the order of the planets to which i went. then, no trouble at all.

DisturbedMonkey
08-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Dark side setinal, oh yeah with double yellow light sabers, with Lord Revan's robes... oh yeah, baby...;)

Lord Vivic
08-12-2003, 04:46 PM
I personally like Light,and black.