PDA

View Full Version : True

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:28 PM
Just wondering is it true that gamecube actually sold more units the xbox. I find it hard to believe. How can something so pathetic sell that good. Somone please come to my rescue and tell me that what i heard was just a twist of words

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 05:31 PM
Last I heard, the XBox has sold more than 200,000 more consoles. You might have heard that from a LameCube website.

The LameCube is only $199.99 and the XBox is $299.99...when parents buy gaming systems for their little tikes this Christmas, I imagine that they will flock towards the LameCube instead. On another note, us older "kids" will be buying XBoxes...and so far, XBox is in the lead and Microsoft is gaining an extra $100 more per system. XBox is a superior product, as you know :)

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:34 PM
thank you . If i was not told that good news i dont know what i would do. I probably would have to cry myself to sleep at night

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 05:43 PM
The problem is also thats its a lot easier to slap a GC together than you can build an Xbox, so Nintendo is prolly being better about supplying gamecubes than MS is...but sales dont matter to me...PS2 sold 6 Million and it doesnt matter because I know in 1 year, the Xbox will sell prolly at least 50% more than the PS2 did in a year...but like i said sales dont matter, just the supreme quality of the Xbox and its games...also to rub it in to little GC fanboys, the XBox owns the title for most games sold with a system...of all time! Theres a great argument to use with people that say the GC launch lineup is better...us Xboxers can spend $300 on a system and almost have an average of 3 games purchesed with the console. While the $100 cheaper GC can only sell about 2 games with the system...

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 05:55 PM
Excellent point, Frostberg...I would also like to add that by the end of December, XBox will, officially, have a total of 46 games on the market. This is impressive considering the fact that the XBox, on the 31st, will have been out for 46 days! That's 46 days with 46 games....a game per day...not a shabby ratio :D

Tazilla
12-13-2001, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Excellent point, Frostberg...I would also like to add that by the end of December, XBox will, officially, have a total of 46 games on the market. This is impressive considering the fact that the XBox, on the 31st, will have been out for 46 days! That's 46 days with 46 games....a game per day...not a shabby ratio :D

not too shabby at all,...

I just wish I could get at least half of them,.. no funds,.. I'm broke now,.. my poor TV fund has dwindled to almost nil,...

but I have my Xbox,.. and it is good to me,.. we play together daily,.. and keep each other company,.. we even hold conversations with each other, when I leave on the Dash board,..

Satan rumblings my Arse,... just good conversation to me,...

now if I could only get it to go and get me a beer now and then,..

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Tazilla

but I have my Xbox,.. and it is good to me,.. we play together daily,.. and keep each other company,.. we even hold conversations with each other, when I leave on the Dash board,..

Dude! My XBox and I converse as well!!!!! D a m n beer. :D

Tazilla
12-13-2001, 07:15 PM

Dude! My XBox and I converse as well!!!!! D a m n beer. :D

I thought it was only the beer when me and my Xbox held conversations when the dash board wasn't on,...

Say it isn't so,...

not D a m n Beer

Bless Beer

batman46st
12-13-2001, 07:23 PM
just think of all the ****people that buy boy band cd's

XAddict
12-13-2001, 07:31 PM
Good point. WHY do i care about the sales i know that xbox kixks ass. a game per day keeps the docters away

kirkyg
12-14-2001, 02:05 PM
xaddict, the gamecube sold more / day the by the second week of xbox's launch. That may not be true anymore though.

kirkyg

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Tazilla

I thought it was only the beer when me and my Xbox held conversations when the dash board wasn't on,...

Say it isn't so,...

not D a m n Beer

Bless Beer

Oh yes!!!! Blessed beer! What was I thinking!??! :D I think I'm going to crack open a six pack of Sierra Nevada Pale....Mmmm...good stuff :D

Hugh_Jass
12-14-2001, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by XAddict
Just wondering is it true that gamecube actually sold more units the xbox. I find it hard to believe. How can something so pathetic sell that good. Somone please come to my rescue and tell me that what i heard was just a twist of words

If you look in the PS2 vs XBOX forum I created a post that addresses this issue.

Tazilla
12-14-2001, 04:10 PM

Oh yes!!!! Blessed beer! What was I thinking!??! :D I think I'm going to crack open a six pack of Sierra Nevada Pale....Mmmm...good stuff :D

ah yes,.. blessed is the nectar of the godz,... the wonderful amber glow,..

Liquid bread,... drinkable mana,...

be right back,...

Got beer?

leecow
12-14-2001, 04:14 PM
Y'all will like this.

Last night we had our annual work "White Elephant" party ... I walked away with a MAGNUM of Heineken! Not that that's my beer of choice but man you've got to see the size of this bottle - yes Virginia, size matters :eek:

Tazilla
12-14-2001, 04:30 PM
I'll look for this particular beverage whilest I'm making my Beer run,...

I'm way down south,.. so might have a hard time finding it,..

that has never stopped me from completing my quest before,.. and I doubt it will now,...

Beer, where for art thou,...

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by leecow
Y'all will like this.

Last night we had our annual work "White Elephant" party ... I walked away with a MAGNUM of Heineken! Not that that's my beer of choice but man you've got to see the size of this bottle - yes Virginia, size matters :eek:

Nice Leecow! Hey, you are in Seattle just like myself...if you can't quite polish that mama jama off, just shoot me a line and I'll be right over to get my groove on :D

I agree that Heinekin is not my beer of choice...but, if it has paps and barley, it's gotta be narley :D

Tazilla
12-14-2001, 05:22 PM
Coor's light here I come,...

I finally am heading out the door for my Beer Run,..
D4mned Azurick,.. it won't let me leave,.. I keep trying to go,.. but it keeps pulling me back,..

I'll be right back I promise,...

smack119
12-14-2001, 11:47 PM
yeah... i know what you mean.... i get glued to the tv for hours and hours at a time

Crazy Joe
12-15-2001, 12:08 AM
Excellent point, Frostberg...I would also like to add that by the end of December, XBox will, officially, have a total of 46 games on the market. This is impressive considering the fact that the XBox, on the 31st, will have been out for 46 days! That's 46 days with 46 games....a game per day...not a shabby ratio

Here's the thing, there are 46 games set for release, but some of them will be pushed back i'm sure. Not that your point isn"t still valid, they will still have more than enouh games by that time. I'm just bitter because they pushed back the Max Payne release date up here in Canada, which i went to pick up today. I figure maybe 35 games will be in under the wire of the month's end. If there's 46 games in stores on Dec. 31 well I'll eat my XBOX!!!

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:10 AM
dont do that man....i dont want to have to think about an xbox being murdered

Crazy Joe
12-15-2001, 12:18 AM
maybe i was too rash in my thinking

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:19 AM
maybe eat a ps2....or a gamecube might go down better being so small.....

Crazy Joe
12-15-2001, 12:22 AM
i wouldn't even touch a GameCube, let alone ingest one :D

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:24 AM
you could pretend it was a grape maybe....although a lamecube could get you very sick.....