PDA

View Full Version : Light or Dark Poll

blewis
07-21-2003, 08:42 AM
I currently on the path of the riotous man, having put in about 8 hours. I'm thinking that the Dark Force powers seem a lot better though...

Which way did you go?

Duke
07-21-2003, 10:13 AM
Dark of course. But I'll play the next one through on the light side.

I think the dark powers are more cool, kinda the way black magic was always cooler than white in FF.

Sometimes I want to take the light route or at least the no points either way, but I want to get the full dark experience, so everyone has to die, and I lie a lot.
-edit- you wouldn't believe that amount of crying my party members do though. almost always keep the mandalorian in my party, since he's the only one I've got that leans that way.

thrAsher
07-21-2003, 10:55 AM
I'm playing the goodguy 1st time. Can't wait to go Dark, though, and strike horror into the hearts of everyone! :watchout:

I was thinking, it would be challenging to run through as totally neutral in the Force. Do a little good, do a little bad....

Duke
07-21-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I'm playing the goodguy 1st time. Can't wait to go Dark, though, and strike horror into the hearts of everyone! :watchout:

I was thinking, it would be challenging to run through as totally neutral in the Force. Do a little good, do a little bad....

Actually, i think it would be the least challenging. You get a good amount of money from doing your bad stuff, and you get a lot more respect from everyone from not being on the dark side.

I'm not really sure at this point what the advantages of going light are, but there must be some. As far as being dark, the most immediate and obvious is the dough.

Of course maybe being light would be the most challenging since it should be the hardest path to follow. Basically I have no idea and am just talking out my ass.

RudedogX
07-21-2003, 12:30 PM
Damn yall, reading all this stuff is getting me more and more hyped for getting this game! Bah! Hurry up fed ex!:cuss:

thrAsher
07-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

Actually, i think it would be the least challenging. You get a good amount of money from doing your bad stuff, and you get a lot more respect from everyone from not being on the dark side.

I'm not really sure at this point what the advantages of going light are, but there must be some. As far as being dark, the most immediate and obvious is the dough.

Of course maybe being light would be the most challenging since it should be the hardest path to follow. Basically I have no idea and am just talking out my ass.

I was about to offer you a mint, Duke. :p

I think going the light route gets you a lot of XP vs. the dark route. Also, I've had a couple of people give me good deals on stuff for being such a goodie two-sabers. I would like to know more about the differences between the two extremes, though, outside of Force power costs.

blewis
07-21-2003, 12:52 PM
A couple of quotes from IGN's KOTOR Guide:

...It's easier to play as the Dark Side, simply because the Dark Side is the temptation and always seen as the "easy way out" among the Jedi. However, those who stay true to the Jedi principles and remain on the Light Side will be rewarded later in the game with extra items not available to Dark Side players...

...A Light Side Jedi can, in fact, use any Dark Side Power without losing any Light Side points. However, it costs more Force Points to use a Dark Side Power as a Light Side Jedi and vice versa...

I will NOT give in to the dark side... at least not the first time through.

:D