PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind

Lord Vivic
07-21-2003, 12:39 PM
I have played Morrowind for about 4 months now.I have just started the main quest and could use some help on the 4 and 5 prophasies.

Lord Vivic
07-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Just think,instead of talking with hundreds of computer beings you can talk and trade with hundreds of beings all playing from their own xbox online.You will finally be able sell those impossibly expesive weapons,armor,and items.

Such as:Deadoric Claymores(I have 4 of them)
Deadoric Dia-Katanas(I have 6 of them)
Deadoric armor(I have half a set)
Ebony armor(I have 2 sets)
Eboeny Longswords(I have 3 of them)
ETC.

Be hunted down by other players trying to acomplish their own missions.And vice-versa.

Kortiz
07-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Sounds like you want Everquest...Go buy the gold pack or sompin like that with the main game and all the expansions......it is probably 50bucks or sompin and you pay 12.95 a month. It is worth it if you know how to stay grounded and not get sucked in to calling in sick from work everyday.......I don't know this from experience....but there are many I played with that were like that....Try it out....it sounds like that is what you are looking for. Your computer doesnt even need to be all that great either.

Slayer02
07-21-2003, 07:22 PM
Morrowind just wouldn't make a good multiplayer game. Unless there was a deathmatch mode, that would be cool.

Lord Vivic
07-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Well,maybe Everquest is a game to get,but first I probably should get a better computer first.It sounds good.I will look into it.Thanks.And you said you wanted Morrowind well I definatly recamend it to you.It is slow at first but it gets interesting if you get both the expansions that are coming out for it.

RyoTheWanderer
07-22-2003, 01:35 AM
they would have to fix alot of stuff. like if u make an enchantment with fortify atribute on self for 2 seconds, and soultrap target for 2 seconds, and shoot it off(be very sure not to hit anyone for fear of being attacked) it will increase your atributes perminintly! try it sometime, my char has 10,000 everyhing except speed, at 2000 speed i am way more than fast. any faster and i couldnt move indoors!

Lord Vivic
07-22-2003, 10:21 AM
I see.It sounds great.I will see if it works.

Lord Vivic
07-23-2003, 01:31 PM
I am in need of help.Some experianced players could answer this,what do I do with the impossibly expencive weapons,armor,and items?And do you have any info on any good places for puting this stuff,like a house of my own?

SakapuntaS
07-24-2003, 12:53 AM
I put in like 40 hours of morrowind - and I can honestly say that game blows. I had nothing else to do with my time atm- and as i look back on it, morrowind lacked BIG TIME. And please don't try to flame me, I have played it over 40 hours / beaten it...so no noobs saying how Im a dumbass for posting my opinion. Morrowind just sucks ass. The fighting sucks, the quest sucks- I've never done so many damn errands in an RPG in my life. I felt like I should have been given an hourly pay for playing it, it was a job, I never had fun. Why you may ask yourself why I played it so much if I didnt like it - at the time it didn't seem so bad. In response to the guy with the supposed impossible items to get, dude, I had full daedric and didn't even bother to pick up ebony/glass b/c it's by far the best in the game. In response to Morrowind multiplayer - lol - who the hell would want to go out trying to get experience points fighting cliff racers- I mean hell - that's the worst damn "monster" i have ever seen in any game. Wow, writing this makes me hate morrowind like 30x more than I did before.

-Saka

Lord Vivic
07-24-2003, 03:55 PM
For one SAKAPUNTAS I am not a noob if you are talking to me.I have put around 240 hours of game play in this game..............................I am not a noob.You said you played 40 hours of the game.Well for one I don,t think you beat the game or did a fraction of the game.And for you to hate it so much.Why the hell did you play it for 40 hours!

SakapuntaS
07-24-2003, 07:08 PM
I was head of Halul or whatever that house is - head of fighter guild- head of the imperial guild - and i beat the game. 40 hours is a rough estimate because i dont keep a little calculator to the right of my xbox to calculate how long I've been playing it (maybe you do?) - There was nothing else to do at the time, and it didnt seem so bad, until i realized what a piece of **** that game is.

SakapuntaS
07-24-2003, 07:09 PM
btw - 240 hours and you havn't begun the main quest?? LoL - thats a load of horse****- There's no way you put 240 hours in a game and didnt even do parts of the main quest. And yes - if you are asking about 4/5 prophecies, you are still a noob to that game.

**In addition - You don't even have full daedric and you're 240 hours in??? LOL - Dude, get a clue man - You're story is flawed like a transvestite stripper

Lord Vivic
07-24-2003, 10:40 PM
Okay,the reason I have not gotten done with the main quest is because I have been building up my character and doing side quests.I am Champion in the fighters guild,I am Knight of the Imperial dragion in the Imperial leagion,I am in the top ranks in House Hlaalu,I am in the top ranks in House Rederon,and about 5 minutes from being in House Telvani.I am a Deciple in the Imperial Cult.My character is at LVL 45 skills all over 100 some up to 1000.I have even got the Lord's Mail,and Dragonskin cuiruss,the most powerful armor in the game.I have even (fullishlly attacked the devil god in Red mountian.I was not able to kill him because I did not have the nessisary equipment to fight him.But, I was able to escape alive.O,the only reason I can not get past the 4th and 5th prophesies is because I can not seem to find An Exsquised shirt.For a mission nessisary to acomplish the two prophesies.So NO I am not a NOOB!

Lord Vivic
07-28-2003, 04:30 PM
If it makes you feel any better Santapuntas I beat the main quest!:mad:

mitch2025
07-29-2003, 04:43 PM
marrowind is the WORST game i have ever played. i cant believe that i even bought it. it is the worst game EVER made

y2kash_14
08-03-2003, 04:30 AM
oh God...don't bring back memories of that horrid over-hyped game...it was just about the most boring Xbox game I ever played. It is also almost the worst 50 bucks I ever put into a game, but of course, that award goes to Hunter

xboxman_1
08-05-2003, 01:26 PM
oh God...don't bring back memories of that horrid over-hyped game...it was just about the most boring Xbox game I ever played. It is also almost the worst 50 bucks I ever put into a game, but of course, that award goes to Hunter

Man, I absolutely LOVE morrowind. I logged so many hours into it...once you get going and you really learn the mechanics and enchanting and such its one of the best games not xbox. More addicting thn crack.

CarGuy
08-05-2003, 09:44 PM
All of a sudden people are bashing Morrowind now, if it sucked so bad how could win "Game of the year" and all that B.S.?? I'll admit it's beginning to show its age but the world is just HUGE.. Even though i've put countless hours into it there's still things i havent seen. I havent played it in a while, maybe ill fire it up tonight.

Lord Vivic
08-06-2003, 09:13 AM
I am with CARGUY on that.I love the game I couldn,t put it down.I have played that game................well more than I watch TV,and that is unfortunatly a lot.And i still can't wait to start a new game on it.

y2kash_14
08-07-2003, 03:37 AM
I could have sworn Halo won GOTY :huh:

Lord Vivic
08-07-2003, 11:24 AM
I would like to think that it did because I really like the the game.I know that it was a runner because of the fact that it made Gamer monthly for both Electronic monthly,and Game Ingormer.But, I do know that it made #1 RPG sence Final Fanticy.

xboxman_1
08-07-2003, 06:13 PM
I could have sworn Halo won GOTY

I could have sworn Halo and Morrowind came out in different years....

y2kash_14
08-07-2003, 09:17 PM
then.....I could have sworn Splinter Cell took GOTY

Lord Vivic
08-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Okay all these GOTY's which ones are real?Halo was one.Morrowind made #1 RPG.The others I don't know.

y2kash_14
08-09-2003, 01:43 AM
2001- Halo
2002- Splinter Cell

Morrowind didn't win game of the year

Arven
08-09-2003, 10:11 AM
MW won RPG of the year, I think. Not GOY.

Lord Vivic
08-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Well now that this is being cleared up.:D

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know when the expansions for Morrowind are coming out for Xbox?

Arven
08-10-2003, 09:51 PM
ebgames has it down to ship on 10/14.

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 10:32 PM
That is nice,but it is a long time to wait.

Douchesforfun
08-11-2003, 01:00 PM
morrowind is the greatest ****ing game so far invented..... but it also has a boring factor. You play the game so long you get bored.... which is why an online version would kick (although i think they should use the entire world from arena and not that small bit which they use in morrowind..... not to mention almost nothing in the game works(lol) too many bugs....

Lord Vivic
08-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Not really,I mean not as much as POTC.

Lord Vivic
08-15-2003, 02:21 AM
In pirate of the Caribean you can easily loose your money.In Morrowind You can just as easily earn it back.

m4oH
03-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Morrowind just wouldn't make a good multiplayer game. Unless there was a deathmatch mode, that would be cool.
Um.....NO!!!!!!!!!! Multiplayer deathmatch would be just about the deumbest thing on Morrowind. However LiVE capabilities would be cool :D

Hard Boiled Cop
03-28-2004, 01:54 PM
I think Morrowind would make a perfect XBL RPG but there should be more quest. Oh and when you sell an item, other people can buy them.

Max33
03-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Morrowind charecters too much charecter development for a fair & balanced MMRPG.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-29-2004, 12:31 PM
What about True Fantasy online? I read a preview of it and it has a long character development.

Max33
03-29-2004, 12:42 PM
I dont know much about True Fantasy,I just think that one guy with a suped up charecter could go around Vverndfell and flatten everybody he came across quick,fast&a hurry.
Imagine you're haulin back some bad @$$ armour & weapons...here comes Lord Vivic Busts down your strength & endurance, then he just picks you off from a distance or just leaves ya stranded.

Jamo
03-29-2004, 12:56 PM
I think it would be cool as a MMORPG. But you got to realize how glitchy the game already is. I have had the game for a long time. My character level is 59. I beat the main story quest and don't play it much anyomre. It's truely a great game. I want true fantasy live for the simple fatc that I've never played a MMORPG. And I think that would be cool.

BoundBruiser
03-29-2004, 10:02 PM
That would be awesome, they would need to take out the cheating, and all the glitches. OH, I just got a great Idea that would waste the Original Morrowind. You play over the same engine and land and you create your character then you have different guilds of other players that you can join and you have huge wars with other guilds over land and religon and govornment.

Cryogenic Pyro
03-29-2004, 10:12 PM
I would say no, because seriously, I play RPGs for combat. The combat in Morrowind is the worst I've ever seen. The only reason for other people being there in Morrowind would be to trade. There would be no use partying, since the combat sucks so much.

Morrowind has many elements. Morrowind doesn't have one element that it excels on. It has a lot of tidbits, but not a full meal in anything.

Shorezy
03-29-2004, 10:40 PM
I think the possibilities would be endless! So YES for me. Wow can you imagine?! I don't think many of us would get any sleep. :confused:

I would say no, because seriously, I play RPGs for combat. The combat in Morrowind is the worst I've ever seen. The only reason for other people being there in Morrowind would be to trade. There would be no use partying, since the combat sucks so much.

Morrowind has many elements. Morrowind doesn't have one element that it excels on. It has a lot of tidbits, but not a full meal in anything.

BTW - Good point Pyro, but think about it man! I mean, yeah the battles in Morrowind ar sketchy but think of all the roles individuals could take! I dono man, I just think it would be a great Fantasy Experience.

Cryogenic Pyro
03-29-2004, 11:03 PM
I think the possibilities would be endless! So YES for me. Wow can you imagine?! I don't think many of us would get any sleep. :confused:

BTW - Good point Pyro, but think about it man! I mean, yeah the battles in Morrowind ar sketchy but think of all the roles individuals could take! I dono man, I just think it would be a great Fantasy Experience.
I know, and that's what I meant by my "Morrowind has many elements" part. Many roles are there, but they aren't there in the full experience. They are just there, and can be used. I like to be fully immersed in a game. I bought Morrowind and took it back a week later and got 1/3 of the cost.

TheWheelMan
03-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Damn i love morrowind i just got it like maybe a week ago and ive been playing it lots im only lvl 6 but im still having a great time and i mean its such a huge world.......HAHA i love taking peoples houses and stealing things its so fun and then theres that one guy who says "you like to dance close to the fire dont ya!!!" that alone makes this game awesome lol just kidding but ya its such an amazing game and hopefully ill get the Morrowind:GOTY with tribunal and bloodmoon but 1 question does it have the original on it also or just the 2 expansions and you just put them on your xbox????

Max33
03-31-2004, 12:05 PM
It's the oraiginal plus the two expansions plus tons of aditional weapons,armour,magic items.I gotta ring that lets me turn into a werewolf at will. GET IT.

TheWheelMan
03-31-2004, 02:21 PM
**** that means i kinda traded in a game and used a 10$ card at eb to get morrowind when i could have saved up and got them all in one.........o well :confused: