PDA

View Full Version : Ed Fries hints at xbox's future

EIGamerzX
06-18-2001, 06:29 PM
[list]
Some very interesting things were said in teamxboxs interview with ed fries
If you liked what you heard about Peter Molyneaux's Project Ego, wait til you see the other game we are developing with him.

We announced we are working exclusively with Tim Schafer, creator of Grim Fandango. His project is going to blow your mind

You've only seen one of the Bungie games. You haven't seen anything based on our Madness franchise yet

Levels in something like Halo take literally hours to play through without ever seeing a load screen (Or a save screen for that matter since it auto-saves in the background).

The built in online capability will become more and more important as you look into the later years of the life of the console. Designers will be creating innovative new types of online experiences for Xbox long after the other consoles have deteriorated into wastelands of sequels

"We will be introducing some great characters for Xbox that I hope someday we will look back on as fondly as the ones you mention. At launch we have Abe and Munch in Oddworld. Looking a little farther out you'll see some incredible characters coming from Tim Schafer, the creator of Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango. In France we are working with Yeti Interactive, which is basically the core team that created Rayman. They have a fantastic new character I can't wait to show you. In Japan we are working with a company called Artoon, whose best known employee was the character designer who created Sonic the Hedgehog."

One thing some people missed is that Nintendo announced the date they will ship to stores and we announced the date we will be in stores, so actually our launches are virtually simultaneous.

"Almost all of our TV advertising will be devoted to specific games, not generically to the platform. I got to see a very early version of a Halo TV commercial the other day and even in its rough form it totally rocked. It was 95% footage from the actual game and it looked great."

Severe_Tire_Damage
06-19-2001, 06:05 PM
FRANCHISE CHARACTERS! YEA!

EIGamerzX
06-19-2001, 06:30 PM
that was the one peice of the puzzle xbox was missing, it needs to make good franchise characters that people reckognize and BAM!!! nintendo's got nothing over microsoft.

Dr_J
06-19-2001, 10:11 PM
Honestly ya'll.....I can't think of ANYTHING bad about this console.