PDA

View Full Version : Do you know about what you hate???

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 06:26 PM
Come on.... Tell the TRUTH!!!

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 06:33 PM
You are referring to the LameCube, I guess...I've tried it, and I still hate it. :D

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 06:34 PM
what game did u play?

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 06:49 PM
Dude, I played Luigi's Manson, Star Wars Rogue Leader, Pikman, and Super Monkey Ball. Talk about 3 hours of a waste of my life. I was hoping to find a therapist afterwards...so, I did, it's at my house and it's black with a huge X over the top of it with a green jewel :D

skoot182
12-13-2001, 07:26 PM
Jeez maximus, i gotta find that guy... oh. oooooohhhhhhhh! i see
:rolleyes:

XAddict
12-13-2001, 07:29 PM
I have played the cube for more then 5 hours. More then enough time to decide my virdect

XboxChump
12-13-2001, 07:35 PM
Well me i enjoy playing the Cube,Sure they have only a couple of titles that appeal to me.But that is beside's the point.Cause it's the titles the X-box doesnt have,enough said.

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 07:39 PM
I know all about it and I've tried it and I still hate it. (thats all I need to say!)

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 07:42 PM
If you have tried it and stuff than thats cool... i respect your opinnion... its just the ignorant people that **** me off. also you should try playing super smash bros melee... my friend got it yesterday and i played it... fun stuff!

batman46st
12-13-2001, 07:46 PM
i played it when it came out cause my lil cousin bought it, it was horrible i played leugi **** i hate him going mariiiiiiiiiooooo, the controler hurt my handi couldnt take it.. its just ment for lil kids honestly only lil kids play it.....

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 07:47 PM
lil kids play xbox too...

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 07:55 PM
they can, but there arent really any exclusive easy kiddie games for the Xbox

XboxChump
12-13-2001, 07:59 PM
Naaa,I wouldnt call simpson road rage kiddie would you?Hehehe Nor Shrek?Hehehe..But the main point isnt if it is kiddie or not,its about having fun playing the game.And its kinda funny most of you do not have a Gc cause most of you act like your 10 years old or below..:eek:

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 08:02 PM
lol thanx for the help chump :D

smack119
12-13-2001, 08:12 PM
gamecube has the games xbox doesnt huh???? thank god for that!! i dont want to play games like pikmin, or luigis mansion. rouge leader.....ill take air force delta storm instead. waverace...well it is almost the same as waverace64 so i can just play that. super monkey ball....very similar to a game i have called marble madness, tell me that you lamecube lover dont like halo, doa3, max pain, nfl fever,amped, oddworld, project gotham, or any of the other xbox titles..... not to mention morrowind or PROJECT EGO! obi-wan is looking good too. what were those great lamecube games again??

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 08:15 PM
um... none of us ever claimed to not like xbox or any of its games... we own xbox's and halo and doa3 and stuff like that u dumbass.

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 08:18 PM
I wouldnt call The simpsons road rage a kiddie game! Besides its coming for both systems.Anyway with the language and refrences, and the fact thats its on at 8pm (little kiddies have to go to bed at 6, school the next day!) Its not a kiddie game. Maybe shrek is, but I liked that movie anyway! Plus the game looks stunning. It doesnt look cartoony like Zelda does. It may be geared for younger audiences...but it is NOT a top game for the Xbox is like Luigis Mansion is for the GC. As a top game representive, it has to show interest for everyone...something Luigis Mansion only shoes for kids who cant see guns or play games longer than 5 hours because they ill cry.

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 08:23 PM
Jeez Jason1010, as I have a mutual protection pact with all Xbox lovers and GC haters I must stand up for smack119. Now he may of got confused, but you ignored his question and still the GC may be a nice "cube" of hardware, there arent any good, challenging games. And if there will be in the future, Xbox has double or triple that in the future...200+ some odd games already have been anounced, and even more are being developed, just not announced yet

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 08:26 PM
games dont have to be hard as hell to be fun... they just have to be fun... :rolleyes: :p

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 08:33 PM
If the game is 5 hours long, it may be fun...but I dont feel good paying a game $10 an hour to entertain me...For the price, there is much better ways to spend your money. It doesnt have to be hard, it has to be challenging. It also cant be short. 2 things Luigis Mansion is not.

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 08:37 PM
i understand that... but some games are just fun regardless.

Xbox_Die_Hard
12-13-2001, 09:13 PM
I hate Osama "never" Bin Laiden

MadDawg276
12-14-2001, 07:12 AM
I played Lugis mansion-Sucked
SSX Tricky - sucked
Rouge Squadron - Sucked
Monkey Balls - Sucked
And the controller gave me blisters LameCube just sucks.

FpS_PhReeK
12-14-2001, 07:44 AM
I know about it, played it, hate it..

PhReeK out!

XBOX Dude
12-14-2001, 09:35 AM
yeah i tried lugis mansion and waverace and i wasn't impressed, you expect something better when it has a decent amount of power

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 11:09 AM
The main thing that bugs the crap out of me about the LameCube is that it has the tenacity to boast that it is in the category of being called a next generation console. To be dead honest, I had high hopes for Nintendo...but, when I saw their "Dolphin"...oh, I mean, GameCube....I found it to be the same crap but with a different smell.

It's almost technically impossible for Nintendo to jump up from the N64 to the likes of the XBox in one year. They don't have things together down there at all.

But, about the games...one thing I do respect about Nintendo is that they admit, adamately, that their main market is to kids between the ages of 8-12 years old. I respect that...and I would agree that it is. But, the last time I looked on the calendar, I was 26 years old!!! More than twice the age of the high end of their range...

So, it's easy for me to bash the LameCube...I've simply grown out of the likes of Super Monkey Ball and Mario. I'm into more realistic games....games that actually challenge me and that I can't beat in one or two sittings. The XBox fulfills my needs quite nicely :D

terrapin
12-14-2001, 12:18 PM
I know about it somewhat...have played it on several occasions...still don't like it. I remember reading about the controller and how everyone was so excited about it. Well, after using it I didn’t have the same feelings they did. –1 point. Most of the games released for it don’t interest me. –1 point. The games I played didn’t change that opinion (too be fair I only played Luigi and Star Wars). –1 point.

I believe most of us try things out before we comment on them. Sure there are fanboys who don’t but that doesn’t mean that we are all that way.

Jason1010
12-14-2001, 12:51 PM
well, i am glad to c that the poll at this time is 52% non biast people :D thats good... so the majority of us aren't ignorant bastards :) :p

Toonz
12-14-2001, 12:56 PM
K I am sorry but Rogue Leader kiks the crap oughta Air Force Delta. I love my Xbox but that game does make me a little jealous. Its the only really good game on GC IMO but it is fantastic one.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Jason1010
well, i am glad to c that the poll at this time is 52% non biast people :D thats good... so the majority of us aren't ignorant bastards :) :p

Dude, is it me, or are you the "ignorant bastard"? I read through every single one of those options and just because I provided the one answer that you don't like, you call me an ignorant bastard!

So, just take your purple lunch pale and go to the park and play hop scotch. You clearly haven't grown out of Nintendo yet. It's "neat" that you like it and all, but, what do you expect the poll results are going to be like on a site that is named "XBoxAddict.com"? Talk about ignorance...geeeeez...:rolleyes:

Toonz
12-14-2001, 01:15 PM
To be honest Maximus with a name like Xboxaddict I'd expect it to be bunch a MATURE people since the Xbox was made for Adults according to all the posters but no one seems to act like a Adult rather a bunch a school children. The endless bashing of everything non-Xbox is getting real tiresome. Opinions of all types are great and I read each and everyone in hopes of learning something but in a large majority of posts by the so called Adult gamers in here there is nothing mature to be read.

I understand the overwhelming majority of the group is gonna favour Xbox by its sheer nature but do you all really walk around that blind as to what else the world has to offer. Do you eat the same thing for supper every night because that is your favorite. Do you wear the exact same shirt everyday as well. Variety is good and healthy.

If the Xbox is for Adults lets try to act a little more like Adults.

XboxChump
12-14-2001, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by smack119
gamecube has the games xbox doesnt huh???? thank god for that!! i dont want to play games like pikmin, or luigis mansion. rouge leader.....ill take air force delta storm instead. waverace...well it is almost the same as waverace64 so i can just play that. super monkey ball....very similar to a game i have called marble madness, tell me that you lamecube lover dont like halo, doa3, max pain, nfl fever,amped, oddworld, project gotham, or any of the other xbox titles..... not to mention morrowind or PROJECT EGO! obi-wan is looking good too. what were those great lamecube games again??

I also own a X-box,And i like my X-box more.But i also enjoying playing the gamecube.But just cause you disagree doesnt mean you should act childish.If you dont like Gc then i respect your opinion,As you should respect mine for like to play Gc.Just state your opinion in a mature way,And your opinion will be noted serious.no reason to be into a ego fight over console's.When the true meaning behind console's is having fun.Regardless of what machine you have.....

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by XboxChump

I also own a X-box,And i like my X-box more.But i also enjoying playing the gamecube.But just cause you disagree doesnt mean you should act childish.If you dont like Gc then i respect your opinion,As you should respect mine for like to play Gc.Just state your opinion in a mature way,And your opinion will be noted serious.no reason to be into a ego fight over console's.When the true meaning behind console's is having fun.Regardless of what machine you have.....

Hey, Chump...if you would respond in a matter that would be constructive instead of telling us how immature we are, perhaps we can share a reasonable dialogue. I believe that Smack made some great points and I have yet to see you make a reasonable response. If you have a problem, then ask Smack to take it with you outside...I know I would. But, if you want to extend yourself out and actually get into a joyful discussion about opinions, facts, and note sharing, then, by all means, let's all do it.

Until then, I am going to sip down another frosty beverage. Man, my throat is getting dry... :D

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
To be honest Maximus with a name like Xboxaddict I'd expect it to be bunch a MATURE people since the Xbox was made for Adults according to all the posters but no one seems to act like a Adult rather a bunch a school children. The endless bashing of everything non-Xbox is getting real tiresome. Opinions of all types are great and I read each and everyone in hopes of learning something but in a large majority of posts by the so called Adult gamers in here there is nothing mature to be read.

I understand the overwhelming majority of the group is gonna favour Xbox by its sheer nature but do you all really walk around that blind as to what else the world has to offer. Do you eat the same thing for supper every night because that is your favorite. Do you wear the exact same shirt everyday as well. Variety is good and healthy.

If the Xbox is for Adults lets try to act a little more like Adults.

Toonz...dude, your panties are in a bunch, dude... Geez, lighten up! Bashing the little LameCube is simply fun. Are we not allowed to have fun when you are in our mist? Man, those panties must be shoved way up in your crack... :p

XboxChump
12-14-2001, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Hey, Chump...if you would respond in a matter that would be constructive instead of telling us how immature we are, perhaps we can share a reasonable dialogue. I believe that Smack made some great points and I have yet to see you make a reasonable response. If you have a problem, then ask Smack to take it with you outside...I know I would. But, if you want to extend yourself out and actually get into a joyful discussion about opinions, facts, and note sharing, then, by all means, let's all do it.

Until then, I am going to sip down another frosty beverage. Man, my throat is getting dry... :D

Well i didnt join the forum to argue with young children with an attitude,I came here as an adult to discuss things regarding the X-box.I really didnt realize that poeple acted this way.And i was telling smack i respected his opinion,Just telling him he should go about it a different way if he wants mature people to listen...I like to get into constructive view's with people,But not flamming children..

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 06:14 PM

Well i didnt join the forum to argue with young children with an attitude,I came here as an adult to discuss things regarding the X-box.I really didnt realize that poeple acted this way.And i was telling smack i respected his opinion,Just telling him he should go about it a different way if he wants mature people to listen...I like to get into constructive view's with people,But not flamming children..

I was hoping you would respond with something to talk about instead of repeating yourself. So, what would you like to talk about?

Toonz
12-14-2001, 10:42 PM
Thats exactly the sorta responses I am talking about Maximus. Any " Hardcore " gamer wouldn't limit his/her fun to just 1 machine.

Frostberg
12-14-2001, 10:46 PM

I think if you join a website like "XBOXADDICT" you wont find people that love all systems equally. If you are an xbox addict, you dont love the GC. try if there is something a little less Xbox pro when you join. Notice on the main page how there are rewiews and such for XBOX GAMES! Not GC games...we dont like GCs...that is exactly the reason we joined Xboxaddict!

terrapin
12-15-2001, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Toonz
Thats exactly the sorta responses I am talking about Maximus. Any " Hardcore " gamer wouldn't limit his/her fun to just 1 machine.

Who's limiting themselves to just one machine? I own a PSo2 and have tried the GameCube on many occasions (in fact I spent over an hour playing one today). Others on this board have also said that they have tried different consoles and simply don't like them as much as the Xbox. Is it really too hard to understand that someone might try the GameCube/PS2 and not like it? Or own a GameCube/PS2 and think it's overrated?

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:21 AM
i tried all 3 before get xbox....it is simply the one i like the best

terrapin
12-15-2001, 12:28 AM
See. Most of us know what we like. Sure we will acknowledge other consoles and games but that doesn't mean we have to like them. It is a "war" after all. ;)

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:30 AM
exactly..... and no matter what you own... nobody wants to say they have something that isnt the best... so everyone will argue...even though we all know xbox is best:)

LynxFX
12-15-2001, 01:51 AM
It's all about justifying your purchase.

smack119
12-15-2001, 01:53 AM
if you feel like you did the right thing.... then it was right for you....who cares if others like something else

LynxFX
12-15-2001, 04:28 AM
Exactly which is why I think these PS2 vs. GC vs. Xbox debates are almost pointless.

I think in debates like these there rarely is a time when someone changes their opinion.

Same went for 3dfx vs. nVidia or AMD vs. Intel or Democrat vs. Republican or Cheese in a can vs. Cheese Whiz. They all end up going in circles and just end up wasting bandwidth.

Besides we all know Cheese Whiz is much better. ;)

smack119
12-15-2001, 05:38 AM
i love that spray cheese stuff....mmmmmm.......ok im ging to have to go buy some and some ritz too...

Rochey69r
12-15-2001, 05:48 AM
i havnt tried either.

but i plan on getting on getting an xbox.

it seems to have more power and better games.

i dont hate the gamescube

smack119
12-15-2001, 05:50 AM
if you like more realistic grown up games it is xbox all the way

XboxChump
12-15-2001, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg

I think if you join a website like "XBOXADDICT" you wont find people that love all systems equally. If you are an xbox addict, you dont love the GC. try if there is something a little less Xbox pro when you join. Notice on the main page how there are rewiews and such for XBOX GAMES! Not GC games...we dont like GCs...that is exactly the reason we joined Xboxaddict!

I am all up to debate's about all machine's.And my statement was that there is no reason to act like a child and flame people,Cause of there view's.And you say we dont like Gc's.Nothing like speaking for other people huh?I have ran into quite a few people here that like Gc.But just cause this is a X-forum doesnt mean im going to rant rave like a little kid,Cause i like the X-box.And actually this forum would be nothing without the few hardcore Gc fan's that is here debating....