PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR Combat help

Newaza
07-21-2003, 05:30 PM
I am having trouble with coordinating combat with my team. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong or how to help me.

General scenario: My character is a Melee character. He will usually lock on first to an enemy (the game is automatically paused). I will chain a few commands for him.

Problem: I will hit the black button to go to my teammates. They are 80% of the time out of the field of vision of the enemy. They usually only have the 'talk' icon or something else because they don't see the enemy yet.

This is really starting to decrease the fun of the game. My character is running toward the combat and the 2 teamates waste time before they engage.

Any tips? Is everyone else running into this problem?

RyoTheWanderer
07-21-2003, 05:59 PM
pause the game, make your main char do stuff, unpause, use ally one to move in, pause , make it do stuff, switch to 3rd char, unpause, move it closer, pause, do stuff, and GO FO IT DAWG!! and if u NEED allies, u are weak and need to come to the dark side and learn the ways of power and not th wussy light side where all they do is tell u not to hurt p[eople and they cry.:p

Slayer02
07-21-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by RyoTheWanderer
pause the game, make your main char do stuff, unpause, use ally one to move in, pause , make it do stuff, switch to 3rd char, unpause, move it closer, pause, do stuff, and GO FO IT DAWG!! and if u NEED allies, u are weak and need to come to the dark side and learn the ways of power and not th wussy light side where all they do is tell u not to hurt p[eople and they cry.:p
No comment. Oh and for combat, normally I just let my allies do their own thing unless they are Jedi. *shrugs* Don't really need them anyway. (Jedi Guardian - Kill - Power Attack - They're dead.)

RyoTheWanderer
07-22-2003, 01:40 AM
my strat is to just go willy nilly with my master speed force power. i hit so many times that those other jedi tremble at my awsome power. BOW DOWN TO ME NOW!!!

Leviathon
08-12-2003, 11:53 AM
I was having the same problem at first, but actually if you take someone else in your party with the game solved and hit the triggers they will scan all available targets. Most of the time they should see the enemy and when they do your fighting options will appear....

Lord Vivic
08-12-2003, 04:27 PM
I didn't look at the book for help,I learned the hard way....on purpose.