PDA

View Full Version : Constant Freezing

The_Ice_Man
07-21-2003, 09:28 PM
Every time I play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic my Xbox starts to lag and stutter and eventually freeze the game. Ive tried cleaning it and the game and it still doesnt work, the game doesnt have any scrathes on it either. Whats wrong with it and how can I fix it? Its really ****ing me off:cuss: Thx.

No Fear 23
07-21-2003, 09:51 PM
umm, it could be some bad file in ur hardrive, or u just got a bad disc.

usafwingman8
07-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
umm, it could be some bad file in ur hardrive, or u just got a bad disc.

The only thiong i agree with this guy is that it mioght be a bad disk.
rent star wars and c if it works.

Uchiha Sasuke
07-21-2003, 11:54 PM
There are many people having this problem with Kotor, and most of the times they solved it in one of these ways:

1. Be sure the date and time on your Xbox are correct. It has been confirmed that the game seems to have problems saving with certain "strange" dates (for example 2067 etc.etc,).

2. Try deleting the cache of your Xbox. To do this, load three DIFFERENT games, then go back to Kotor.

VenoM
07-22-2003, 01:45 AM
got this off lucas site:

Program is locking up or displaying corrupted text during gameplay:

Remove the game CD from the Xbox and restart the console. Next, choose the MEMORY option from the Xbox dashboard interface. Access the Xbox hard-drive and scroll down until you locate the Star Wars KotOR directory (a picture of Malak) and remove this file. Finally, power down the Xbox for at 10 seconds and then reinsert the game CD and the program will function normally.

IMPORTANT: You will lose all save game progress after completing the recommendation above.

bye bye game saves :cry: thats what i ended up doing........now im starting all over again.....mine was freezing on a certain loading screen everytime.....tried the time thing and still no good...had to start all over......how could they release a game with this horrible bug....bastages better come out with a bug fix very quick.....this is bad :cuss: its been worst then morrowind with the bugs...i have had alot of dd errors as well

John002
07-22-2003, 06:34 AM
[
this is bad :cuss: its been worst then morrowind with the bugs...i have had alot of dd errors as well [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh no, worse than Morrowind!! :cuss: I won't bother picking up KOTOR.

Shadow20002
07-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Maybe it's not that good to have a HD in a console, try to save your file in a memory card.

StudioAlex
07-22-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by John002
[
this is bad :cuss: its been worst then morrowind with the bugs...i have had alot of dd errors as well

Oh no, worse than Morrowind!! :cuss: I won't bother picking up KOTOR. [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe I've been lucky but this game is nowhere near as bad as Morrowind in the bug department. I've played the game for about 45 hours and I think it froze up on me once. I'm not saying other people haven't had legitimate problems, but nothing I've seen anyone say begins to compare to the shoddy running of Morrowind.

Pick up this game. It's very worth it. I'm betting it gets game of the year.

AlBoogy
07-22-2003, 06:25 PM
When did you get your Xbox? Ive had 3 xbox's. First was on launch date, got dirty disc errors all the time and finally took a dump. Second one also took a dump. Third one, has worked perfectly. It plays all cd-r, dvd-r and cd-rw. Most importantly, KOTOR has not frozen up and I only got a dip in frame rate once and Im 27 hours in.

If you have one of the older Xbox's then I think thats what the problem is.

The_Ice_Man
07-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Yea i've had mine from launch day. I dont wanna have to buy another one, microsoft should of just made a more reliable console.

Diddy
07-22-2003, 10:47 PM
It depends where it freezes at, i read somewhere that alot of people are getting their game frozen and its at a custscene and Carth is speaking, but instead of him speaking his head just kinda "Bobbles". If u have this(its later on in the game mind you) then report it to Bio and Lucasarts, they might release a patch to fix it and all glitches in the game.

ill get the link to the thread if i can find it again and ill post it.

thrAsher
07-22-2003, 10:53 PM
I didn't get my box until the bundle deal came out. I got one freeze w/ KotOR, but that was after four days of hardcore playing.

And for those of you playing, the story just gets better. GOTY contender, by all means.

Diddy
07-22-2003, 11:03 PM
http://support.lucasarts.com/trg/kotor.htm

Well I hope that helps someone.

edit:

this might help too, some tips if your box keeps freezing

http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/board/message?board.id=556553&message.id=168

MachineGunMac
07-22-2003, 11:12 PM
This game has only frozen on me once and it was when i was battling the leader of the black vulgans. Im now in Jedi training and im perfecly fine.

AlBoogy
07-23-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by The_Ice_Man
Yea i've had mine from launch day. I dont wanna have to buy another one, microsoft should of just made a more reliable console.

I feel for you man. But you ask anyone and they will always tell you to buy a 2 year replacement plan if you plan on buying a new system on launch day. Its like that for all consoles, not just the Xbox. If you do happen to get a new one, get the disc tray with the 2 holes on the tray. Thats the newer version. If I can find a pic of the different trays, ill post it.

cheedoh
07-23-2003, 12:46 AM
I haven't gotten any freezing. :eek:

AlBoogy
07-23-2003, 12:53 AM
I guess that would be a good question for everyone that is playing KOTOR. Are you getting drops in framerate or have problems with freezing or dirty disc errors?

If so/not when did you get your XBox?
-Launch- first 6 months
- 6 months- Nov. 15 2002
- Nov. 15 2002- Present

Diddy
07-23-2003, 07:49 PM
Im always getting drops in framerate in KOTOR, and maybe in SOF2 when im around alot of guys or maybe its just lag, but with KOTOR for sure. And I dont know when mine was purchased because i bought it used.