PDA

View Full Version : Maybe you all can help a giant lizard-man out?

Brutus
07-22-2003, 02:56 PM
I am an avid XBOX gamer. I think that it is definately the funnest box that I have in my house!

But my point is this: I hear about all of these LAN parties and stuff, and how much they kick bum, but I've never actually partaken in one because all of my friend gamers are not really into it like an XBA.

I don't have LIVE because I'd rather buy new games and other things than high speed and the bad @ss LIVE kit. What I'd like to do is find people who are in the Phoenix area whom are looking for some challenging LAN party's! Serious inquiries only! I need to find all of the "serious" gamers who are looking for XBA friends and a few deathmatches or two!

I don't know if there is an easier way to close the gap between gamers in the same city, but I thought that this would be the easiest way to do it. PM me or post your comments. L8er!

SPIRIT OF VENGAR!!!!!

-BRUTUS!

Brutus
07-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Maybe U guys know a better place to find more XBOX Addicts in my area? I thought this might do a little bit of something...

Where is an XBOX chat line? That would be a whole heck of a lot faster I think...

I've been wanting to do the LAN party since I got the d@mned green machine, & I know someone else has too...

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

SPIRIT OF VENGAR!!!!!!!!!

FuNkY mOnK
07-22-2003, 07:33 PM
dude break down and get xbox live, much more enjoyable and hassle free.

Duke
07-22-2003, 07:56 PM
I agree w/ monk. But I guess you could try gamertagdatabase and try to contact other xbox users in your area.

Also, I think it's either Stephen or Josh (course maybe neither) but one of the mods here is very into LAN parties, and could probably help you out on finding 'em.

Ford Mustang
07-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Definitely cough up the money and get Live, it's so worth it. Most fun I've had in quite a while.

Koopa
07-22-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Brutus
Maybe U guys know a better place to find more XBOX Addicts in my area? I thought this might do a little bit of something...

Where is an XBOX chat line? That would be a whole heck of a lot faster I think...

I've been wanting to do the LAN party since I got the d@mned green machine, & I know someone else has too...

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

SPIRIT OF VENGAR!!!!!!!!!

i remember someone talking about some xbox meetup thing awhile ago...i checked out the site...but it was probably like 6 months ago so i forgot.. go google search it if you want, i think they help people in the same area meet up and have partays...

oh yeah and get live:D

CarGuy
07-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Get Live, it's great. :D :cool:

Brutus
07-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Well, guys. Like I said, I don't have the money every month to be paying for LIVE. I don't even have a PC at home so getting high speed connect in my house would be haineous. <SP?>

A LAN kit is $39.99 and LIVE, though the cost isn't too much up front is a monthly IP fee. That's what I'm trying to stay away from, at least until I get a half a$$ PC for doing "normal" web stuff, you know, guys?

Thanks, Dukebuckhorn. I'll check out the gamertagdatabase and see what I can find. Later guys.

-BRUTUS!

thrAsher
07-23-2003, 01:19 PM
AZ LAN Site (http://www.xboxlanaz.com/)

Check these guys out, nice site and a healthy number of members.

:cheers:

Brutus
07-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Thanks thrasher! You're the man! Everyone needs to know about that! I'm now joined with over 500 LAN guys in AZ alone!
This is HUGE!

Whoever else is looking for this, expect our friends over @ Bungie to help us in time of need! :)

Again, thanks, Thrasher. Just what I was looking for!!

SPIRIT OF VENGAR!!!!!!!

thrAsher
07-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Ain't nothing but a thang, Brutus. :cheers:

I've been looking around here in ABQ, but the only real big LAN group is called GAMMA, and they are solely about PC gaming. Poop on them, I say. And the only real Xbox LAN groups are dinky, very few members.

So, I guess I'm gonna go Live! here in the next couple months. I just can't see doing it until there are more Live! games that I want to play (TFLO, for instance).

jelgiad
07-23-2003, 03:24 PM
i dont know about any of these other sites, but if you go to bungie.net, they allow you to open and search for local chapters and find when they are holding lan parties and such. we've picked up a few guys for our group here in new orleans from there.

Brutus
07-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Very nice. I'm hooked up! I'm going to an intensely massive LAN party, right here in Mesa, AZ! This is the bomb!!

If anyone would like to help me beat Brute Force in Brutal setting and lives in the Phoenix metro area however, My name is Clay. I am 22 years old, love to play Xbox and simply love Brute Force. The chances of me finding anyone is probably slim to none, but its there. I found a cool LAN local group but nothing where someone would load up their XBOX and take me on at some deathmatch! I own 2 TV's but have only one xbox.

Basically, if anyone is interested, maybe we could set it up where we could meet at Gameworks in Tempe, to see if we even can relate to eachother, and if we are both serious gamers, than maybe we could kick some arse on the Xbox's. I think it would be fun. Also: My girlfriend just went back to Massachussets for 2 & 1/2 months so I get to go do crazy stuff like this now! If you may be interested, cool!! L8er!

-Brutus!