PDA

View Full Version : After killing sith academy leaders

Veno
07-22-2003, 04:10 PM
When I re-enter the damn sith academy theres 20 guys all with lightsabers, what the hell am i supposed to do? All i have for support is mission and the mandalorian and mission dies immediately and the mandalorian dies after about 10 seconds of fighting. I can't use grenades, i can't use mines, I have very little health, i can't return to the ebon hawk, i have 2 medpacks left (normal ones) and 5 sith guys attack each of my party members at once.

Any suggestions? Yes, i'm a warrior class and yes i suck for some odd reason. My lightsaber damages are 6-25 and 5-22 and i have the dual weapon mastery (highest level feat). I also have level 2 lightsaber mastery but it doesn't help when i have 40 hp when entering the building.

RudedogX
07-23-2003, 08:33 AM
May I suggest exiting the compound entirely and then return to the ebon hawk?

JJaX
07-24-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
May I suggest exiting the compound entirely and then return to the ebon hawk?

You cant...

Once you killed the sith leaders the entire place is considered hostile. And as you know, you cant 'X' your way out of those areas.

My advice is learn to fight better. You seem to rely on brute force and dont really think things out. Maybe before entering the sith academy make sure your are 100%. Use force heal since force recovers over time. And use force powers like stasis. The people in the academy are weak as hell and the ones without the sabers go down with one hit. Do stasis field on the saber wielding tranies and kill them with power strikes or criticals. And how about your other party members? Dont they have master snipe. You know that stuns enemys right?

Also, have you been upgrading your sabers? For a fighter type jedi your attack rating is rather low.

thrAsher
07-24-2003, 02:36 PM
So, Veno, I'm taking it you didn't give up on this game, eh? Good for you man. :cool:

What JJax said sounds like the best advice to me. Any of your Force Powers that affect multiple targets will help greatly. I use Insanity a lot since I got it, and it works on a lot of NPC's, even Master Uthar was affected by it! And don't rely so heavily on medpacs and such. I have over 70 of the things and haven't bought one since Taris. I use Force Heal and Master Valor for healing and protection respectively. I've found, also, that mixing up your attack works nicely: Flurry, Flurry, Critical Strike, Flurry. Could be just me, but I've found that combo to work wonders.

Oh, and remember, Jesus Saves! Save your game, and often, and in multiple save files. That way, when you run into a snag, you can always go back 15-20 minutes of gametime w/o having to play the whole damn planet over again.

Good luck!

JJaX
07-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I've found, also, that mixing up your attack works nicely: Flurry, Flurry, Critical Strike, Flurry. Could be just me, but I've found that combo to work wonders.

Careful though, using flurry drops your defense 5 points for a whole round. And im sure critical strike drops it by like 2, but only for like 3 seconds.

thrAsher
07-24-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Careful though, using flurry drops your defense 5 points for a whole round. And im sure critical strike drops it by like 2, but only for like 3 seconds.

That is true, but I use Force Valor (third tier FP) at the start of any fight, and that boosts my def. pretty nicely. Plus, I got 2nd tier flurry and critical strike on my main char., so the penalty is a bit lower. :cheers:

Anthony4sho
07-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Veno
When I re-enter the damn sith academy theres 20 guys all with lightsabers, what the hell am i supposed to do? All i have for support is mission and the mandalorian and mission dies immediately and the mandalorian dies after about 10 seconds of fighting. I can't use grenades, i can't use mines, I have very little health, i can't return to the ebon hawk, i have 2 medpacks left (normal ones) and 5 sith guys attack each of my party members at once.

Any suggestions? Yes, i'm a warrior class and yes i suck for some odd reason. My lightsaber damages are 6-25 and 5-22 and i have the dual weapon mastery (highest level feat). I also have level 2 lightsaber mastery but it doesn't help when i have 40 hp when entering the building.

Those guys where a piece of cake for me. First Attack the ones the prove the most direct threat, try force whirlwind that works good, and don't u have force heal? If u do, then u can just heal your party whenever u can in the battle. That is also another reason why I only take Jedis when I kno I have a good chance of facing lots of sith or dark jedis.

pepitonet
07-24-2003, 06:07 PM
i dunno i have been improving my sabers i have to light sabers on each of my jedies i have a bunch of crystals to spare but and i have all my weapons maxed uyp but i only do 20-30 damage per hit not that it matter much to me it just takes me longer to kill the people what are good upgrades to get for the sabers

pepitonet
07-24-2003, 11:21 PM
ok i went into the academy after killing both master (ushar and yaku..) there were 18 guys waiting for me and for my surprice i didn't even use a medpack
i just used the heal of my force power and kill them all with my crappy 5-30 damage range dunno why that guy was having so much trouble oh and for anyone after you beat that part i recomend going to a money and buy a lot of suplies for what come next you will need it as far as i see

RudedogX
07-25-2003, 07:31 AM
This is funny since I'm going through the game as a good jedi, I killed the master, but I let the apprentice (yur or whatever) go after I wasted her pretty bad. Since I let her go, no one attacked me at the sith acadamy. I just ran in, ran out. It was all nice and clean.:cheers: