PDA

View Full Version : Next big rpg to get after KOTOR

Seawolf X
07-22-2003, 07:29 PM
What next after KOTOR? Any big anticapations in the rpg genre? When the heck is fable coming out...may not beable to wait that long
Discuss::cuss:

Duke
07-22-2003, 07:39 PM
I'm fairly sure that Galaxies was scheduled to come before Fable, but the pc reviews aren't so great. Probably skip that one.

pepitonet
07-22-2003, 08:27 PM
man all the reviews about galaxys* are 9+/10 if you don't believe me see issue 122 of gameinformer 9.5/10 also GMR has it with 9+/10 but i haven't heard anything about a Xbox posible release.. now about what will be big after kotor i am hoppiing the TFLO(true fantasy live online) is as big as kotor i am also loking forwardto get my morrowinds GOTY after that sudeki will be an ok rpg thenthe all mighty project ego (fable) comes out

AlBoogy
07-22-2003, 08:56 PM
True Fantasy Live Online

MerimacHamwich
07-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Devided is not yet slated for release on Microsofts Xbox, all previous statements regarding this were rumour.
Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Devided Official webpage FAQ (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/faq.jsp?page=FAQ)

Now that's cleared up, onto some of the more promising RPG's slated for release on the Xbox.
Dungoens and Dragons Heroes
The Elder Scrol's 3: Morrowind - GOTY (Includes two expansions, Tribunal and Bloodmoon)
Fable
Sudeki
True Fantasy Live Online
Xbox.com RPG page (http://www.xbox.com/Games/catalog.htm?genre=roleplaying)

Diddy
07-22-2003, 10:39 PM
Star Wars: Jedi Academy

Plus online Live gameplay!!!

Kortiz
07-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Fable will probably be the next rpg i get....

Shadow20002
07-23-2003, 03:15 AM
How about Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 ?

CarGuy
07-23-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Devided is not yet slated for release on Microsofts Xbox, all previous statements regarding this were rumour.
Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Devided Official webpage FAQ (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/faq.jsp?page=FAQ)
[/url]

Actually they weren't rumor. They had the "PCCDROM" "XBox" and "PS" logos all on the official website. The game isn't complete so we wouldnt get it until all the bugs have been completely worked out and perhaps all the expansions released. And to contradict the guy up there it isn't getting great reviews simply because it's boring at the moment and its angled more towards the hard core ORPG player. To be honest im not holding my breath.

Duke
07-23-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by pepitonet
man all the reviews about galaxys* are 9+/10 if you don't believe me see issue 122 of gameinformer 9.5/10 also GMR has it with 9+/10 but i haven't heard anything about a Xbox posible release.. now about what will be big after kotor i am hoppiing the TFSO(true fantasy star online) is as big as kotor i am also loking forwardto get my morrowinds GOTY after that sudeki will be an ok rpg thenthe all mighty project ego (fable) comes out

Just looked at 'em. I guess the "reviews" I was talking about was the ign video review and my friend's personal experience.

Don't know the score ign gave it, but after watching the video and listening to the guy talk, it kinda turned me off to the game especially if there's going to be a fee.

My friend says he enjoys the game, but would probably pass it up for another title if he had to do over again.

Sorry about jumping the gun on that one.

thrAsher
07-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Fable
TFLO
Sudeki

Those three are the biggies, IMO. Depending on which comes out first, that's the one I'm gonna buy.

Lord Vivic
07-23-2003, 01:26 PM
I don't know,9 Worlds looks promising.

Styx
07-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Is Fable on line only or not.

thrAsher
07-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Styx
Is Fable on line only or not.
Fable is NOT online/Live! capable, and I don't really see why/how it would be.

However, you can play multiplayer co-op w/ at least one other player. That other player can join in any time, and can import their character by simply popping in their memory card w/ their save game! There is a rumor that this co-op play might even allow up to 4 people to go at it co-op style.

Lord Vivic
07-23-2003, 06:19 PM
Fable does look like a good game.

Anthony4sho
07-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Even if SWG is coming it won't be until 2004, because the developers are concentrating on the PC version supposedly, and that is also when an Expansion comes out for the PC. If it comes, it would come in feb. maybe march. I'm looking forward to Fable and BC.

Lord Vivic
07-24-2003, 03:59 PM
As am I because they both look like game that will keep your interest for a long time.

MerimacHamwich
07-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Fable does have live capability, but not in a real time gameplay way. It has downloadable content.

thrAsher
07-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Fable does have live capability, but not in a real time gameplay way. It has downloadable content.

Really? Where'd ya here that?
:huh: