PDA

View Full Version : What's deathrow?

xboxfan06
07-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Ive heard alot about some game named deathrow but ive never acutally seen it. Is it any good?

CarGuy
07-22-2003, 10:29 PM
I dont think its a fighting game. Go to Google and search for "Deathrow XBox". Instant results.

RudedogX
07-23-2003, 02:48 PM
It's kind of fighting, I think the best thing to relate it to would be Rollerball since you basically knock the snot out of your opponents, score points, and keep playing. It's a good game for 15 bucks if you can find it still, but if someone wants more than that for it, I'd pass.

Arven
07-24-2003, 12:04 AM
It's actually a very good game. It got a ton of excellent reviews, but it didn't sell well for some reason (poor marketing, I think). You should do some research on the game, check out some of the reviews. It's a futuristic sports game in which you're trying to throw a disk through a goal while punching, tackling, and kicking your opponents. There are power-ups scattered around the arenas, lots of different opponent teams and arenas to choose from, and ... well, it's just good, clean fun.
:)

xboxfan06
07-24-2003, 11:27 AM
Thanks

Delphar7
07-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Arven
It's actually a very good game. It got a ton of excellent reviews, but it didn't sell well for some reason (poor marketing, I think). You should do some research on the game, check out some of the reviews. It's a futuristic sports game in which you're trying to throw a disk through a goal while punching, tackling, and kicking your opponents. There are power-ups scattered around the arenas, lots of different opponent teams and arenas to choose from, and ... well, it's just good, clean fun.
:)

That and don't forget the swearing kinda takes the "clean" out of it...

Still i give it a high score.. Controls have a little learning curve in "sports View" but the is a more platform style of camera too. Good fun, lots to unlock, and some nice Audio/Visual work.

Produced by SouthEnd and Published by UbiSoft. . . Good stuff.
Screenshots etc at: http://www.southend-interactive.com/

I found it very underrated, can't believe more people don't play it. (That and GunValkyrie)

delphar

Arven
07-24-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Delphar7
That and don't forget the swearing kinda takes the "clean" out of it...

Oh yeah, I know, I was being kind of facetious. The swearing is unique -- "I'm gonna smash your f*ing head in," "Motherf*er," etc. You can't turn it off, so if little kids are in the house, it may not be a good choice. I think the swearing adds a lot to the game, and a lot of the time it cracks me up.

I bought it for $50 and consider the money well-spent. I had a lot of fun with this game. I've been too busy playing the new games to go back to it, but it's definitely earned a place in my collection (and I'm picky). If you can get it for $20, it's a great deal.

It's too bad it didn't sell very well, since a Live sequel would be a lot of fun.

Delphar7
07-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Arven

Oh yeah, I know, I was being kind of facetious. The swearing is unique -- "I'm gonna smash your f*ing head in," "Motherf*er," etc. You can't turn it off, so if little kids are in the house, it may not be a good choice. I think the swearing adds a lot to the game, and a lot of the time it cracks me up.

I bought it for $50 and consider the money well-spent. I had a lot of fun with this game. I've been too busy playing the new games to go back to it, but it's definitely earned a place in my collection (and I'm picky). If you can get it for $20, it's a great deal.

It's too bad it didn't sell very well, since a Live sequel would be a lot of fun.

I hear ya... Live would be sweet. . . .

Oh and I can't remember but couldn't you just turn the volume of the Voice down to zero? I seem to think there _was_ an option somewhere.. But Much like Arven, I'm too busy with others at this moment to get back to it.. . .Darn KOTOR. . .

delphar

xboxfan06
07-26-2003, 10:03 PM
well i bought it for $20 bucks just yesterday and it is a really good game. Its the only good game ive bought in a really long time. It should keep me busy till soul calibur comes out.

Arven
07-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan06
well i bought it for $20 bucks just yesterday and it is a really good game. Its the only good game ive bought in a really long time. It should keep me busy till soul calibur comes out.

Glad you're enjoying it. :)