PDA

View Full Version : Making people at best buy playing gc feel stupid =)

AlBoogy
12-13-2001, 11:16 PM
Today I was walking towards the xbox section when i passed by the gc kiosk. A few people were watching luigis mansion and i just kept walking. On my way back I yelled out ooooooooooooooooooooooooh lets suck up ghosts with a vaccum cleaner! My friend said, yeah real cute guys. In a real sarcastic voice. Needless to say a couple of guys looked away as if they werent looking at it and walked away. LOL.

LynxFX
12-13-2001, 11:50 PM
Hey that was me. You bastard. Made me look like a fool because I was playing suck a ghost with a hoover.

AlBoogy
12-13-2001, 11:59 PM
haha Then you deserved it! No self respecting man over the age of 16 should play that in public. I would just wait until they put rogue squadron.

LynxFX
12-14-2001, 12:44 AM
Maybe you couldn't tell but I was joking.

I did play Rogue Leader on it but it sucks on a 13" tv that they use.

AlBoogy
12-14-2001, 09:43 AM
I was joking to, i know you were. Let me see your location is in the rocky mountains and im in miami,,, i think i picked up on that lol

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 10:46 AM
What exactly is so entertaining about sucking up ghosts with a vacuum cleaner? And, do those ghosts look scary or something? Geez...I'm so glad that I saw the light of the gaming industry - the XBox. And, to think that a long time ago that I was actually kind of interested in seeing what Nintendo was going to put out...at that time, I heard that it was called the Dolphin.

I know from personal experiences that Nintendo does not have their act together. They make the same crap but it always has a slightly different smell. I mean, the fact that they originally called it the "Dolphin" and then scrapped the entire project and constructed the LameCube in less than one year concerns me.

We all know that Nintendo is a successful company...no denying that...but, they seriously don't have things together...I know people that actually work for Nintendo since their US headquarters is also based in Redmond, WA which is near Microsoft...and I can tell you that even they, as employees with Nintendo, also agree that they don't have things together very well over there. Funny thing is, neither of them own a LameCube...they have XBoxes! lol

Toonz
12-14-2001, 12:14 PM
Ummmm don't get me wrong here Xbox is the best in my books but Rougue Leader would be reason enough to buy a GC IMO if I could afford it. Its a amazing game. To bad it wasn't on Xbox though, would have been my first choice instead of HALO

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
Ummmm don't get me wrong here Xbox is the best in my books but Rougue Leader would be reason enough to buy a GC IMO if I could afford it. Its a amazing game. To bad it wasn't on Xbox though, would have been my first choice instead of HALO

You know, I thought Rogue Leader was good until I played it for over an hour. The game becomes very boring and you start seeing a lot of flaws in the graphical development. Lots of jaggies....I was disappointed when I discovered this.

By the way, don't be shocked when XBox comes out with a Star Wars game that blows it out of space. We have just gotten a little taste of what is to come for the XBox :D

Toonz
12-14-2001, 04:03 PM
Hope you are right

LynxFX
12-14-2001, 04:15 PM
Yeah I thought Rogue Leader was alot like Rogue Squadron too with just a few differences and some new levels. The graphics weren't more impressive than the old game either. I would like to see it on a large screen display though to make an honest comparison.

I hope Xbox gets better starwars games than Starfighter or whatever that game is. That game looks rushed as well.

Toonz
12-14-2001, 05:00 PM
It looks 10x better on my T.V.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 05:27 PM
Hey, Lynxfx, I give you some major props on the siggy...nice job, buddy!

I'm pretty eager to check out Starwars Star Fighter SE...especially since it's on the XBox...I don't think we could go wrong on that mama jama :D

LynxFX
12-14-2001, 05:56 PM
Thanks Max. Figured since I got over a hundred posts might as well do up a sig.

If you get Starfighter let us know how it is. I've only seen screenshots and they didn't impress but I haven't seen it in action so my opinion could easily change on that one.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Thanks Max. Figured since I got over a hundred posts might as well do up a sig.

If you get Starfighter let us know how it is. I've only seen screenshots and they didn't impress but I haven't seen it in action so my opinion could easily change on that one.

Dude, if I happen to win the forum contest and get the game, I promise to do a very thorough review of the game and give all the necessary feedback to inform everyone about what they want to know about the game. Keep in mind that I am a pretty solid Star Wars fan...but, I'm not hardcore, so, it should be relatively balanced. I have a buddy, on the other hand, that is heavily into Star Wars...so, this could be very interesting :)

LynxFX
12-14-2001, 06:36 PM
You promise to send that game east over the rockies into my hands when you are done with it right? :P

skoot182
12-14-2001, 07:07 PM
no, lynx, didnt you hear? he's sending it to ME when he's done.

Lightwave Freak
12-14-2001, 07:17 PM
sounds interesting

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:38 AM
is star fighter any good? i like delta storm now