PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Xbox Games in June !!



Shadow20002
07-23-2003, 03:18 AM
I can't believe it, Halo is still there. :cool:

1. Brute Force (Microsoft) 95,660
2. Enter The Matrix (Atari) 80,705
3. Midnight Club II (Take-Two Interactive) 71,336
4. Halo (Microsoft) 56,859
5. Hulk (Vivendi Universa)l 54,656
6. Soldier of Fortune II (Activision) 44,072
7. NBA Street Volume II (Electronic Arts) 41,663
8. Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Activision) 37,173
9. Midtown Madness 3 (Microsoft) 30,127
10. Disney's Finding Nemo (THQ) 22,135

Liquid Gears
07-23-2003, 03:28 AM
Where'd you find this info?

SkoalMint
07-23-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Where'd you find this info?

Looks the same as the info posted by cheetahmanhood in his "June NPD Sales" thread.

borka105
07-23-2003, 01:44 PM
MM3 the best game with RTCW out of those 10 are so low on the list........




god damn you uninformed casual gamers......... You're lie prey to big companies like Atari and Rockstar..........

It's like a Joe Nobody walks into best buy and sees a shiny metallic green cover with the word matrix on it and all of a sudden assumes that it has to be great.........




very disappointed.

-borka105

ShannonX
07-23-2003, 09:43 PM
its actually, which company promotes and advertises their games the best. I could make the damn best game in the world, and everybody who plays it agrees (hypothetical) but if i dont advertise it somehow, i'm not going to sell many copies while a piece of crap game that had good advertising support sells hundreds of thousands of copies.

of course, gameplay does make an impact, but if the company doesn't get the word out effeciently.....

SkoalMint
07-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
while a piece of crap game that had good advertising support

Or a nice movie tie-in (Matrix, Hulk, Nemo).

No Fear 23
07-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
its actually, which company promotes and advertises their games the best. I could make the damn best game in the world, and everybody who plays it agrees (hypothetical) but if i dont advertise it somehow, i'm not going to sell many copies while a piece of crap game that had good advertising support sells hundreds of thousands of copies.

of course, gameplay does make an impact, but if the company doesn't get the word out effeciently.....

yup, well said :cheers:

thats one reason why i want to major in advertising

l Maximus l
07-24-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
I can't believe it, Halo is still there. :cool:

1. Brute Force (Microsoft) 95,660
2. Enter The Matrix (Atari) 80,705
3. Midnight Club II (Take-Two Interactive) 71,336
4. Halo (Microsoft) 56,859
5. Hulk (Vivendi Universa)l 54,656
6. Soldier of Fortune II (Activision) 44,072
7. NBA Street Volume II (Electronic Arts) 41,663
8. Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Activision) 37,173
9. Midtown Madness 3 (Microsoft) 30,127
10. Disney's Finding Nemo (THQ) 22,135

If you ask me, I'm offended that Halo isn't #1 even last June!! :D

I can understand some of the others that are on there that definately won't make next month's list because they are games based on current movies. Enter the Matrix is not one that I am talking about only because The Matrix (the movie series) has fans any time. But, I am talking about Hulk and Finding Nemo. Maybe we'll see one of those on the July list, but, definately not August.

cheetahmanhood
07-25-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint


Looks the same as the info posted by cheetahmanhood in his "June NPD Sales" thread.
Yes it was from my thread, and my thread had sales of the top 10 of all three consoles, not just xbox. shadow2002, next time look to see if there is a thread already like yours. Oh, and it is amazing to see halo is still selling so well after two years of being out.