PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 delayed!!!!!!!!

lotec16
07-23-2003, 07:56 PM
In its quarterly earnings call, Activision announced several significant changes to its release calendar for 2003 and 2004. Most notably, Activision said that it will, "for planning purposes," assume that Doom 3 won't be out until early 2004, but reminded that "as you know, id decides when it ships, not Activision." At many occasions since E3 2002, id has said the plan was to release the game by the end of 2003, but id's Tim Willits told us in May that the game won't ship until the studio is happy with it.

That sux, maybe they might be waiting for the xbox version, but if not that means the xbox version of doom is going to take forever to get out.

Does anyone have any screenshots of Quake 4, I really really wanna see some.

o yea, source is Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/truecrimestreetsofla/news_6072105.html) .

Seawolf X
07-23-2003, 08:07 PM
That is no suprize to me. The better the game...the longer it will take :)

Dr_J
07-23-2003, 08:07 PM
So, it looks like we'll be getting Doom III and Halo 2 beginning of 2004.

Sweet!

Seawolf X
07-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Dr_J
So, it looks like we'll be getting Doom III and Halo 2 beginning of 2004.

Sweet!

Is that like your birthday or something?

lotec16
07-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Seawolf X
That is no suprize to me. The better the game...the longer it will take :) But doom doesn't have to much of a plot, now halo has a plot.

lotec16
07-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Ill die if halo 2 comes out during school, then i can't be there when the store opens, and I can't stay home all day and play it, then stay home the next day. I want halo 2 now or in the summer, or during my spring break, that would be awsome 1st day of spring break getting halo 2 and xbl.

DocHoliday78
07-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Damn i was hoping Doom wouldnt be delayed but you know there freaking phrase "When it's done."

lotec16
07-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Damn i was hoping Doom wouldnt be delayed but you know there freaking phrase "When it's done." That will suck so much if Halo 2 is like that.

l Maximus l
07-24-2003, 01:58 AM
It doesn't surprise me. If you ask me, ID and Activision are probably somewhat offended that DOOM 3 only received the #3 spot at E3 :D They'll take as long as they feel to make DOOM 3 numero uno (number one: for the Spanish illiterate). Of course, this is just a thought and holds no merit of any facts whatsoever, but, this is DOOM 3, dudes... We all want this game to rock. I say, bring on the patience! :D

SPARTAN VI
07-24-2003, 06:05 AM
Seriously, I already forgot about Doom3. :watchout: I think I might even sleep through its release! :yikes: I think I can wait. Correction: I know I can wait.

No Fear 23
07-24-2003, 10:46 AM
i knew this game wouldnt come out this year.

mrmp3
07-24-2003, 12:31 PM
The phrase "When it's done" scares me. Anyone remember Duke Nukem Forever? The game still hasn't come out but apparently it's still in development. The release date? When it's done. *sigh* Although I'm not losing sleep for Doom III, but it still would be an excellent edition to my collection.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
07-24-2003, 01:49 PM
C'mon you guys knew it would be........it's cool..a game with this much hype had better live up to it......yup, when it's done , it's done....gives me a bit more time to make my final upgrades to my PC

Shadow20002
07-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Oh, i don't want to be like Duke Nukem Forever, wait more than 6 years but nothing is coming, even a demo of it. Doom 3 is cool, but do right and at least release it for us. Fable is the one way...wish it coming around in the corner. :cry:

thrAsher
07-24-2003, 03:02 PM
*Yawn*

Doom, shmoom. I couldn't care less, personally. I mean, "Ooh! Another shooter! Wow!"

Not trying to rain on your respective parades, kids, but I'm with Shadow20002 on this one. Games like BC and Fable are waaaaay more intriguing to me than another gory blastorama.

Dr_J
07-24-2003, 07:50 PM

Is that like your birthday or something?

No, but it will feel like it is!

I'll be buying them both!

l Maximus l
07-24-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
*Yawn*

Doom, shmoom. I couldn't care less, personally. I mean, "Ooh! Another shooter! Wow!"

Not trying to rain on your respective parades, kids, but I'm with Shadow20002 on this one. Games like BC and Fable are waaaaay more intriguing to me than another gory blastorama.

Rain on my parade!!??!! More like urinating on my corn flakes. I need BLOOD!!!! GORE!!!! AND MINDLESS OBLITERATION OF FOOLIOS!!!! Mwahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha!!!!

:wink:

Ford Mustang
07-24-2003, 10:45 PM
:rofl:

MerimacHamwich
07-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Here is a revelation, Doom 3 never had a solid release date. Meaning ofcourse, that it hasn't been delayed.

Honestly, getting upset over something like this is really vain. Carmack and his team are probably just finding it harder to port to the Xbox than they originally thought.

I am also with Maximus, the foolios need obliterating.

cheetahmanhood
07-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
i knew this game wouldnt come out this year.
Yeah, I knew it wouldn't come out this year too, because they want doom 3 the best it can be and to do that they must dealy it. To me, the delay is fine, as long as the game is awesome when it is released.:D

Hugh_Jass
07-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Considering that Doom 3 is going to SUCK compared to the PC version, I won't be buying the XBOX version anyway. This little 700MHz Celeron with 64M of shared RAM cannot hope to compete with a fully decked-out PC. Sorry to burst your bubble.

warriorboy0302
07-25-2003, 10:57 AM
That is no suprize to me. The better the game...the longer it will take :)

Exactly.

Carnage
07-25-2003, 01:04 PM
id Software and Activision are bringing DOOM 3 to QuakeCon 2003. The world's most legendary multiplayer gaming event will host the first-ever opportunity for fans to play DOOM 3 multiplayer in Dallas at the Adam's Mark Hotel from Aug. 14 - 17, QuakeCon attendees will go toe-to-toe at the Activision/id Software booth in the
ultimate sneak preview of the most anticipated game ever

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/doom3playableinaugust.shtml

^^thought this might be relavent :D

thrAsher
07-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Rain on my parade!!??!! More like urinating on my corn flakes. I need BLOOD!!!! GORE!!!! AND MINDLESS OBLITERATION OF FOOLIOS!!!! Mwahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha!!!!

:wink:
:rofl: I KNEW you'd reply to that post of mine! Hahaha! Sorry 'bout the corn flakes, Maximus. ;)

smack_roscoe
07-25-2003, 01:18 PM
wouldnt be delayed but you know there freaking phrase "When it's done."

Oh Dear God No! That's what the "tag line" the geeks over at the Duke Nukem forum, keep saying about Duke Nukem Forever. Ugggh.