PDA

View Full Version : Can you imagine how sweet KOTOR would be on live...

TheStall
07-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Just think of it: you and two other guys (or gals) log on and go rampaging across the country side of Dantooine. Killing Kath Hounds all over the place and finding all sorts of sweet upgrades for your lightsabers and repeating blasters. It wouldn't even have to be massively multiplayer. Just 3 people per gaming session. The fighting would be insanely fun when each player is in total control of their character. No pausing to give commands, or sorting through force powers. That would be really sweet, especially with content downloads like new upgrades, new planets, enemies, etc. Maybe some day I suppose.

Kortiz
07-24-2003, 03:13 AM
maybe check out.....Star Wars: Galaxies?

SPARTAN VI
07-24-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Fosho

Exactly. No 'what if's it has been done... not using the d20 system, but it has still been done. :huh:

Bakeman
07-24-2003, 06:29 AM
SWG is fun!

I just got Novice Weaponsmith today.. I already have Master Scout, Novice Ranger, and Novice Pistoleer...

Unfortunately there isn't enough skill points for me to Master all those.

TheStall
07-24-2003, 07:51 AM
Yeah yeah yeah, I've heard all about SWG, but I am not really interested in a MMORPG. I think that I would have way WAY more fun using the setup that KOTOR has to play online. Plus, technical issues like server crashes and having to pay monthly fees would not apply. All I want to do is get together with 2 of my buddies and go kill some Dark Jedi Masters. It makes me nostalgic for the good old Diablo days.

Seawolf X
07-24-2003, 10:24 AM
I would like to try SWG, but, for $14.99 a month I think I'll pass.

Bakeman
07-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Seawolf X
I would like to try SWG, but, for $14.99 a month I think I'll pass.

Well you get to try the first month for just the price of the game.

And if you subscribe to a long term deal.. it's cheaper monthly. I can't remember but I think you can pay monthy, 6 month, or 1 year. And the year subscription works out to just under 10 dollars a month I believe. But of course if you got sick of the game before the year was up, that would suck.

Shadow20002
07-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Yeah real fun...but it will never happen. Oh maybe a sequel. :)

jelgiad
07-24-2003, 03:39 PM
this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know what kind of d/l content they plan on putting on live for KOTOR anyway?:huh:

thrAsher
07-24-2003, 03:44 PM
So far, jelgiad, I've only heard that they'll have new weapons and items for DL.

I'm hoping they put together some new maps, but I'm not holding my breath.

rough_rida
07-24-2003, 05:53 PM
^^ Agreed.

Kortiz
07-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Downloadable content.....honestly, i am kind of intrigued at what will be downloadable really. What could they add.....i mean you get the game......after a month you have beat it......played light and dark.......what else is there to do? The only thing really worth while is to add another campaign......that occurs after you beat malak....imo unless it is something like that......pretty pointless to me.

cheetahmanhood
07-25-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Fosho
Yup, that game looks awesome yet my pc is too slow to play it.
I think the KOTOR idea sounds awesome though, and it would be really nice online. But downloadable content is good enough for me.

JJaX
07-26-2003, 03:00 PM
The downloadable content will be limited to weapons, armor and items

Once items are downloaded to your Xbox through Xbox Live, there will be a small, specific location in the game world that Gallo described as "like a shopping mall" where the items can be retrieved

Youko
07-26-2003, 03:23 PM
yea that would be so awsome...to bad eh