PDA

View Full Version : Who else presses "Y" 24/7

SakapuntaS
07-24-2003, 12:57 AM
I may be the only player to do this in Kotor- but my dual saber wielding Sentinel looks phat when I press Y. I've grown a small habit of pressing Y over and over again, basically 24/7 when Im not in combat. Its like smoking ciggarettes, I'll stop pressing Y for a little bit, my finger begins to twitch, and then Im back at pressing Y. Maybe I am mentally ill, maybe I need a doctor, but I def. am obsessed with the Y button in KOTOR. In fact, one night I was sleeping in my bed - And I woke up from a strange nightmare - and crazy enough, I had an xbox controller in my hands and i was....pressing the Y button....

AlBoogy
07-24-2003, 01:09 AM
Pressing the Y button definitely does kill time. I do it a lot too. YOURE NOT THE ONLY ONE DONT WORRY!

RudedogX
07-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Am I missing something? The only time I press Y is to remove queued attacks. :watchout:

JJaX
07-24-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Am I missing something? The only time I press Y is to remove queued attacks. :watchout:

When you have a light saber(s) equipped you press 'Y' and you bust them out and twirl them. Im sure it works with any melee weapon. But light sabers own you.

Im always doing that while running around. Sometimes i just walk slow, because im a bad ass Jedi. ANd yes im still following the path of the light.

thrAsher
07-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Never....pushed.....Y.....once.

In over 40 hours w/ this pig-lovin' game, I haven't tried that once.

Oh well, I haven't read the manual and didn't even know I could go 1st person to peep around until I was well into Tatooine (and that was only 'cuz someone posted that you could here on XBA!).

:p

Guess I'll be twirlin' my blades tonight. It'll kill the boredom of retracing your steps, no doubt. Heck, in Morrowind I'd get tired of ambling along, so I'd jump around just to make it less dull. Before I knew it, my athletics skill was through the roof! :rofl:

Diddy
07-24-2003, 07:07 PM
oh sweet ass im gonna do that now, i didnt know that. Whenever i wanted to see the lightsabers twirl, i would just unequip then reequip stuff lmao!!

Lord Vivic
07-24-2003, 10:43 PM
I say the hell with it "smoke the Y botton".

RudedogX
07-25-2003, 07:33 AM
Hmm...that's definetly good to know. I think I'll be running around with my light saber hanging out more often now!

Wait...damn, that didn't sound right!:watchout:

Lord Vivic
07-25-2003, 11:13 PM
You dirty dirty dog.

mitch2025
07-28-2003, 09:08 PM
i never knew that. now there is a new way to play with my light saber..... that didnt come out right eather :rofl:

Slayer02
07-29-2003, 01:02 AM
Yes, I am addicted to the Y button. I mean, dual red light sabers is just so damn cool.... I was thinking of making a duelist though, one single one bladed light saber.... Meh.

Diddy
07-29-2003, 11:18 AM
Hey try this: When u come up to a mine, hit disarm and when your guy goes to crouch down and disarm, hit the Y button a couple times. ONLY A COUPLE, I think you should get a cool lookin somethin, somethin.

And then after that, try doing the same thing, but hit Y a whole BUNCH of times, your guy will have spasms when he twirls them!!!!!

Dyslexic Chaos
07-30-2003, 10:11 PM
I too am addicted to it. I honestly though i was stupid for it. Sometimes i go between party members, wo all have different combinations, and do each one. I swear to god the sound of a lightsabre starting up is the coolest sound in the world...

Supperdog
08-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
Never....pushed.....Y.....once.

In over 40 hours w/ this pig-lovin' game, I haven't tried that once.

Oh well, I haven't read the manual and didn't even know I could go 1st person to peep around until I was well into Tatooine (and that was only 'cuz someone posted that you could here on XBA!).

:p

Guess I'll be twirlin' my blades tonight. It'll kill the boredom of retracing your steps, no doubt. Heck, in Morrowind I'd get tired of ambling along, so I'd jump around just to make it less dull. Before I knew it, my athletics skill was through the roof! :rofl:

you mean acrobatics :cheers:

aww man im a morrowind geek :cry:

Ugunnalose
08-03-2003, 08:21 PM
i never press y that much you have a problem go to xbox counseling

SPARTAN VI
08-04-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Diddy
Hey try this: When u come up to a mine, hit disarm and when your guy goes to crouch down and disarm, hit the Y button a couple times. ONLY A COUPLE, I think you should get a cool lookin somethin, somethin.

And then after that, try doing the same thing, but hit Y a whole BUNCH of times, your guy will have spasms when he twirls them!!!!!

You dont have to be doing something to do the crazy fast twirls. Just keep pressing Y in different time intervals and he'll bust em out faster/slower depending on how much time you put in between presses. Yes, I was addicted to the "Y". but it's more rewarding to whip em out before combat, just seems more professional. So I hold the sabers shut until there's action. :cool: