PDA

View Full Version : Best Games

Choade123
07-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Ok today I am going to the store to buy a new game! The only problem is I don't no what im going to but. Here are a list of games that I am thinking of buying. Tell me which one i should buy and why. Thanks for the help and if I missed a good game tell me.

Brute Force
Red Faction 2
Star Wars:Kotor
Unreal Championship
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

blewis
07-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Doesn't look you have LIVE... so...

I'm into KOTOR right now. So I voted for it. If you want a deep story semi-action RPG story, thats the way to go.

Brute Force is good if you just want action. It got a little repetitive for me...

treyz3
07-24-2003, 01:05 PM
Everything I've heard about KOTOR says it's a must-have. Of course, if you don't like RPG's then it's not the game for you.

If you have Xbox Live and want to a game to play over that, RTCW is the game for you.

If you don't have Live and don't like RPG's, Brute Force would be a good choice.

jelgiad
07-24-2003, 01:07 PM
ok, i havent played brute force or red faction 2. I had unreal championship and return to castle wolfenstine but i just sold them. I didnt like UC, ut 2k3 on pc is so much better. RTCW was cool to play through, but i found it didnt have much replay value. played on live and didnt like it too much, and only split-screen multiplayer is co-op mode. Now, i just got KOTOR 2 days ago and havent been able to put it down. ive been waiting for a good rpg on the box and finally one has come. Graphics arent as good as they could have been, but it is still an awesome game. dont kow if this helps you any, but i just thought i'd throw it out there

bluefire712
07-24-2003, 01:36 PM
If you have or are getting Xbox Live, Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a must have too. It's great fun with tons of people especially friends. Very intense team-based combat that's well balanced and not laggy if you join a "green" or sometimes yellow servers.

Unreal Championship may be of some value if you have ADHD or like the games where strategy isn't a necessity. Brute Force seems pretty repetetive and not really that exciting. Haven't played KOTOR, but I am renting it soon.

Shadow20002
07-24-2003, 03:37 PM
Umm. in my way, KOTOR will be the best one since it is a RPG. It will comsume most of time you pop it up in the Xbox.

Liquid Gears
07-24-2003, 04:30 PM
All those games blow except for KOTOR. I'd say go with that game, I just bought it yesturday.

Xbox Owner
07-24-2003, 04:52 PM
if you have friends over a lot..

BRUTE FORCE!

That game's about as fun as Halo multiplayer..I wish it had vehicles. Me and two other of my friends played like all night and all dayyyyy..

rough_rida
07-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Since you dont have Xbox live instead of buying any of those games get Xbox Live!

warriorboy0302
07-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Actually, the reason I picked RTCW:TOW is because it's the only one I've played.

cheetahmanhood
07-25-2003, 01:18 PM
Get KOTOR, and Unreal Championship for just $70. You will be enjoying those games for a while.;)

Arven
07-26-2003, 09:21 AM
You are going to let a random poll of strangers tell you how to spend your $50?
:huh:

edit: Buy KOTOR. It's a great game, accessible to noob and sophisticate alike. It's getting great reviews all across the board, and the Bioware team has probably produced RPG of the year.

Who the hell voted Red Faction, by the way? :p

AlBoogy
07-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
All those games blow except for KOTOR. I'd say go with that game, I just bought it yesturday.

I agree about the KOTOR part. It is the Xbox's best game. But I dont agree that all those games blow. RTCW is a great game but dont get if you dont have Live. Actually all those games are decent but the exceptional ones are RTCW and KOTOR.

l Maximus l
07-26-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Choade123

Brute Force
Red Faction 2
Star Wars:Kotor
Unreal Championship
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Brute Force is sweet...especially if you like to play on a LAN. It's definately one of the most underrated XBox games of all time. If you like Halo, you'll definately like Brute Force.

Red Faction 2 is a multi-platform game and doesn't take any advantage of the XBox hardware. I'd personally pass on this one.

Star Wars: KOTOR is a game I haven't played yet, but, it's an RPG. If you are a huge role playing game fan, then, pick this up. I hear that a person doesn't even have to be a die hard Star Wars fan to like the game...all you have to be is into RPGs and the game is golden.

Unreal Championship is definately a fun game. But, it's main enjoyment comes from playing on XBox Live, for sure.

RTCW, in my opinion, is pretty lack luster. The Campaign mode is definately the best part of the game, again, in my opinion. The multi-player portion doesn't have many options at all. I personally can't stand the multi-player portion...I just can't get into it for the life of me. And, keep in mind that I am one of the most hardcore FPS fans around these parts!

bluefire712
07-26-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Brute Force is sweet...especially if you like to play on a LAN. It's definately one of the most underrated XBox games of all time. If you like Halo, you'll definately like Brute Force.

I love Halo and dislike Brute Force. The aiming is horrible, the targets on screen are so small, but your little target cicrle on the screen for most weapons is so large. It can't really get better at the game, because it doesn't take a lot of target practice to get the circle on the enemy.

Unreal Championship is definately a fun game. But, it's main enjoyment comes from playing on XBox Live, for sure.

IMO, it's a pretty boring game. Almost all people use the same exact weapons and head shots after awhile will make you hate the game. It takes lots and lots of target practice to play well online, and you've missed the Xbox Live launch bandwagon, so you'll probably end up getting owned your first few weeks and thats no fun. The single-player is extremely easy and can be beaten during the sunlight hours of a single day.

RTCW, in my opinion, is pretty lack luster. The Campaign mode is definately the best part of the game, again, in my opinion. The multi-player portion doesn't have many options at all. I personally can't stand the multi-player portion...I just can't get into it for the life of me. And, keep in mind that I am one of the most hardcore FPS fans around these parts!

Wolfenstein is the best Xbox Live game and one of the best Xbox games. Campaign is exciting, because of all the monster coming from everywhere and the interesting plotline that'll leave you stuck in pretty tight places. Multiplayer has tons of options! 4 Modes: Objective, Stopwatch, Checkpoint, and Elimination, set spawn times for both teams, friendly fire on/off, public/private players, dedicated server option, voting system to change maps/ban people/switch certain settings, minimum connnection speed, 4 different character classes, and about a dozen different weapons. It's one of the most well balanced games I've ever played. Teamwork is a must in all modes/maps. If you've played/owned the PC version, you'll love this one too. It's great fun, but keep in mind I haven't played Star Wars: KOTOR yet.