PDA

View Full Version : Gamecubes at Target...NO XBOXes!!!

RudedogX
12-14-2001, 08:29 AM
For all of you wondering who is selling faster...I went to target yesterday looking for Max Payne (thinking that it would be in..:( ), and I noticed behind the glass that there were about 35 - 40 Gamecubes just sitting there. No one had bought them. I looked and looked, but I could not find an XBOX anywhere! Hmmm...how accurate are those reports that say that Gamecube is outselling the XBOX again?

I knew Microsoft would make a quality product, and so far I haven't been let down!

XBOX Dude
12-14-2001, 09:38 AM
yeah no xboxes at all, except i went their on a shipping day and they had like two left and i heard this clerk saying the ps2 is so much better, so of course i walked over and blew the guy out of the water and the customer then got one of the remaining two xbox's

hehe

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
yeah no xboxes at all, except i went their on a shipping day and they had like two left and i heard this clerk saying the ps2 is so much better, so of course i walked over and blew the guy out of the water and the customer then got one of the remaining two xbox's

hehe

You know, I love stories like this. It's almost precious :D I'm proud to be associated with people like this that want to make new XBox disciples :D hehe...

~~XboX pRyDE!!~~

kirkyg
12-14-2001, 02:09 PM
LOL i've only seen one place sold out of gamecubes it was 1 week after launch on the second shipment they had received at eb...this is the same place that sells bundle only so its no wonder because who wants to pay 500 for a bundle pack. They got a 375 bundle pack with 3 games and a 2nd controller for gamecube
they only had 2 xbox's left 2 weeks after its launch 3rd shipment of them.

kirkyg

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 02:18 PM
Dude, I did some checking around, and there are no XBoxes to be found anywhere around here! In fact, I work at an electronics store and people still camp out once they get wind of us getting the XBox in! We have a bunch of LameCubes and they get out sold not only by the XBox, but also the PoS2 :eek:

I think the LameCube is starting to level out in sales. The XBox has already sold over 1.1 Million units so far...that figure is about 4 or 5 days old! It appears that there are atleast 1.1 Million intelligent people among us :D

Heyyoudvd
12-14-2001, 02:21 PM
1.1 million units have been shipped, not sold.

I guarantee that not all of them are sold out, just like Nintendo shipped, but didn't completely sell 740 000 at launch.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd

I guarantee that not all of them are sold out, just like Nintendo shipped, but didn't completely sell 740 000 at launch.

Hey, Heyyound...did I say you could speak? :D jk

No, but seriously...the fact that stores are raising the prices on XBox demonstrates the economical simplicity of supply and demand. No supply and high demand equals higher prices. I wouldn't be surprised if all of them are sold out. There are none in the Seattle area that can be found. I realize that Microsoft is based her and everything...but, one would think they would be much more abundant in this area because of that fact.

RudedogX
12-14-2001, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd

That may be, but how do you explain being able to find 40 gamecubes, and no xboxes? Then today, I went to Best Buy, again looking for Max Payne. When I entered the store, they had a table at the front with 4 XBoxes sitting there. When I came back to the front (thoroughly disgusted...still no Payne:( ), all of the XBoxes were gone! Oh, and did I forget to mention, there were at least 20 Gamecubes sitting under the shelves at Best Buy?!? Hmmm...so again, which one is selling better? I think more people are seeing the light with the XBOX, than are being dragged into Satan's pit of despair with the gamecube.:eek:

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

That may be, but how do you explain being able to find 40 gamecubes, and no xboxes? Then today, I went to Best Buy, again looking for Max Payne. When I entered the store, they had a table at the front with 4 XBoxes sitting there. When I came back to the front (thoroughly disgusted...still no Payne:( ), all of the XBoxes were gone! Oh, and did I forget to mention, there were at least 20 Gamecubes sitting under the shelves at Best Buy?!? Hmmm...so again, which one is selling better? I think more people are seeing the light, than are being dragged into Satan's pit of despair with the gamecube.

Hey, RudeDog...Payne got delayed until tomorrow...check back tomorrow at the same Best Buy...or you can go to Electronics Boutique...they told me that they will have Payne for sure tomorrow (Saturday, 12/15)

RudedogX
12-14-2001, 02:37 PM
Thanks Maximus, I found out the same thing at Best Buy, I don't think they really know though!

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Thanks Maximus, I found out the same thing at Best Buy, I don't think they really know though!

Some of the Best Buy employees are probably seasonal people...meaning, they only get hired during the Christmas season. I think Shannon-XBA said that she works for Best Buy, so she will know what I am talking about.

I work part time at a local electronics store, and we hired on a few part-timers to help during the holidays. And, let me tell you...they don't know anything about any of the products! lol...But, I do find that Electronics Boutique has a lot of intelligent gamers since that is their flagship items in that store. Best Buy is good, it's just that they sell so much stuff, therefore, it's difficult to locate the few people that are XBox addicts like ourselves :D

ShannonX
12-14-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Some of the Best Buy employees are probably seasonal people...meaning, they only get hired during the Christmas season. I think Shannon-XBA said that she works for Best Buy, so she will know what I am talking about.

haha, yeah, i work at best buy, but i'm a guy... :D dont worry bout it though.

Yeah, we hire seasonal people from about the first of november till like the first or second week in january. Several of the seasonal guys at my store actually know their stuff fairly well, of course, several of them are pretty low in the brains department.

from all that i can tell, we've actually gotten more xbox's than gamecubes. thats my opinion based on what i see in the mornings when i stock. We've only gotten 2 really decent sized gamecube shipments and like one or 2 small ones (less than 20 units).

xbox shipments we had 140 first shipment, next big shipment we had 60 - 100 (about 12 days later) and we've had several smaller shilpments of between 20 - 50. And they all sell out in a matter of hours. So do gamecubes, but there are fewer of them, and we dont always have memory cards for them.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA

haha, yeah, i work at best buy, but i'm a guy... :D dont worry bout it though.

Yeah, we hire seasonal people from about the first of november till like the first or second week in january. Several of the seasonal guys at my store actually know their stuff fairly well, of course, several of them are pretty low in the brains department.

from all that i can tell, we've actually gotten more xbox's than gamecubes. thats my opinion based on what i see in the mornings when i stock. We've only gotten 2 really decent sized gamecube shipments and like one or 2 small ones (less than 20 units).

xbox shipments we had 140 first shipment, next big shipment we had 60 - 100 (about 12 days later) and we've had several smaller shilpments of between 20 - 50. And they all sell out in a matter of hours. So do gamecubes, but there are fewer of them, and we dont always have memory cards for them.

Dude, Shannon...sorry, man! I thought for a moment you were female, not because you seem femenine (which I really never thought anyway), but because of your name. I have to friends that are girls that have the name Shannon and my wife's sister has the name Shannon...all of their names are spelled the same way....so, sorry, dude, eventhough you said not to worry about it! lol

Anyway, those are some pretty remarkable figures...I didn't think Best Buy carried so many XBoxes! God bless you dudes over there! And, I know exactly what you mean by seasonal people seemingly missing a few wires in their brains...They just aren't around long enough to learn the products.

kirkyg
12-14-2001, 04:55 PM
If you honest with yourself all the systems have sold well. Gamecube's sales will start to trickle off. Those were the people that can't wait until christmas and want what they can afford for the kiddies (gamecube). Later they will fork up the doe for the xbox. and those that were just waiting will start to buy one.

kirkyg

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by kirkyg
If you honest with yourself all the systems have sold well. Gamecube's sales will start to trickle off. Those were the people that can't wait until christmas and want what they can afford for the kiddies (gamecube). Later they will fork up the doe for the xbox. and those that were just waiting will start to buy one.

kirkyg

I'm not quite sure about that, though, dude...the main reason is probably because any intelligent person will just scrap the LameCube and just purchase an XBox instead. This may be just my opinion, but, I think it sounds good :D

kirkyg
12-14-2001, 05:10 PM
wow!!!!! i stand corrected ***cube is already slacking!!!!!!

"According to Credit Suisse First Boston analyst Heath Terry, Xbox sales in that week were 182,000 units, for a estimated total since launch of 738,000. GameCube sales were 65,000 units, for a total of 534,000 units."

That was last week i presume xbox sold 3x as many gamecubes??????????? wow! hahaha...

kirkyg

Frink
12-14-2001, 07:34 PM
Right before launch date at our local EB I asked them about pre-orders. They said they had sold out quite a while ago. I saw a guy leave the Halo kiosk so I went spend my precious time enjoying that beautiful work of art. When I went to walk out I overheard the manager talking to a customer about how they got 10 times more Xboxes than Gamecubes and sold out of Xboxes faster.:D

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:36 AM
everyone wants an xbox

redrum237
12-15-2001, 11:04 AM
Dude i definitly belive XBOX i selling better then the lamecube, i went to best buy (before i had my XBOX) and asked if they had any in. Of course they didnt, but decided to look around the store any way. When i got over to the games section, there was a big table filled with a bunch of gamecube games about 3 gamecubes, and a whole bunch of other gamecube stuff. When i walked by they asked if i consiedred buying one. Of course i told them i was getting a XBOX, and walked away to the games. the employe followed me there, insisting i should get the gamecube, because i wnt be able to get th XBOX until march. Well i dint get the gamecube (thank god) and a couple weeks later here i am playin halo. Just thoght i would share this since were on the subject

Supperdog
12-15-2001, 05:06 PM
dude i was at bestbuy and i snapped a gamecube controller in half with my BARE HANDS! HAH! :D :D :D

redrum237
12-16-2001, 11:04 AM
dude i was at bestbuy and i snapped a gamecube controller in half with my BARE HANDS! HAH!

****, did they make u pay or it or did thy relize it was a peice of crap and didnt care:D :D

Supperdog
12-16-2001, 12:00 PM
heh no they didnt make me pay. i think one of em even smiled at me :D anyway, i grabbed my intended xbox game and skedaddled :cool:

skoot182
12-16-2001, 12:34 PM
I wish i had been there to see that supperdog!:D :D

Supperdog
12-16-2001, 12:37 PM
man it was FUN!!! i took the thing in my hands, twisted the little grip things and squeezed, then i pulled one towards me, one away and then i TWISTED again and *SNAAAAAAAAAP* it broke in two. i stood there chuckling over my little victory :D i grabbed starfighter and got out of there :D :D :D i wish i could send a pic of it

RudedogX
10-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Since MSSC was reminiscin', I decided to do the same...ah the memories of my first thread! Funny...no Ninja in this one:confused:

rio2012
10-11-2002, 07:28 PM
The only reason u see lots of Gamecube's is probably because nintendo saturated the Market !!!!:cool: