PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Price Cuts This Fall !!

Shadow20002
07-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Edward Williams, an analyst for Harris Nesbitt Gerard, wrote in an investor note Monday that the possibility of an across-the-board price cut for all three consoles this fall is rising, especially in the face of lagging game sales compared to last year. "We believe that the rate of sell-through suggests that a platform price cut this fall is increasingly likely," Williams wrote, "as the hardware companies try to achieve targeted year-end installed bases."

Source (http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/30342.shtml)

BigJosh359
07-24-2003, 04:52 PM
I don't see this happening again this soon. Maybe around E3 next year.

Ninja Scroll
07-24-2003, 04:58 PM
I dont think a price drop is neccassary.

What MS needs to do is create a new bundle pack.
I dunno why they only did da Sega GT/JSR Future and nothing else.
Dat limited bundle was a success.

I think a Sports bundle would do wonders dis Fall.

And of course a Halo2 Bundle once it ships would be genius.:cheers:

MixMasta
07-24-2003, 06:06 PM
Whatever happened to the idea of lowering games to 40 dollars brand new?? Now that would be helpful....

dances with broom sticks
07-24-2003, 06:16 PM
I think they should do a LIVE bundle.... maybe Xbox, Live, and ghost recon

or

Xbox, LIVE, and motogp2 or sumthin

Kortiz
07-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Live and Halo2 once it comes out!!!

MixMasta
07-24-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
Live and Halo2 once it comes out!!!

And lose even more money on every console.

Live is one of their money makers...there is a SUBSCRIPTION to it!!

And Halo 2 will be a multimillion dollar seller. I say bundle Halo with it starting Xmas.

CrazyCougar
07-24-2003, 11:41 PM
I dont doubt a price drop coming this holiday season at all. Especially with PS2 revamped system appearing in the near future. If Sony drops the price of there normal systme Microsoft will have no choice but to drop their price also.

Casper
07-25-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
Whatever happened to the idea of lowering games to 40 dollars brand new?? Now that would be helpful....

Xbox new releases on EBgames.com (http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/deptpage.asp?wherefrom=comingsoon&web_dept=XBOX)

There's actually quite a bit of games that are coming out at lower prices than I would have expected, so check out that link. The prices for the games are going down, that's a plus. But I swear, the way the modding has been...if they lower this any more, could this possibly be a Sega deja vu? Please say no...please.

cheetahmanhood
07-25-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
I would like that very much, and instead of a price drop, they could do this.:)

warriorboy0302
07-25-2003, 11:00 AM
This would be sweet but I doubt it is true.