PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Games a Warning

GamerSince'76
12-14-2001, 08:50 AM
I have noticed that there are a lot of ported games for the Xbox that don't use it's full potential. Nascar Thunder, NBA Live 2002, F1, NHL 2002 to name a few.

Companies are just looking for a quick buck at Christmas. My advice is to wait 2-3 months and there will be many good games out.

Don't get me wrong there are many good games out now that do take full advantage of the Xbox. It's just a question of why buy a ported game that looks like a PS2 game and doesn't take advantage of Xbox technology.

XBOX Dude
12-14-2001, 09:42 AM
yeah no kiddin they try to sell it on "enhanced for the xbox" i mean don't get me wrong some are but there are a few you have to look out for this christmas

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 10:52 AM
I can't help it, but, I completely agree on this. I really wish that these 3rd party gaming companies did more homework in regards to the XBox and it's technological abilities better. Tecmo, who makes DOA3, did an exceptional job recognizing XBox's ability...it's an absolutely beautiful game. My buddy and I played it last night, which was my first time playing in multi-player mode...we had a blast...and my buddy's wife smacked my buddy on the head because he was drooling over the character, Tina! lol

I am borrowing this game from a different buddy....but, I don't think I will buy it, though...great game, but, I will have to play more of it in multi-player to make sure I will pick this one up.

But, I agree, be very careful.......I can tell you, however, you can never fail buying any Microsoft published titles for Christmas. They have some seriously amazing games which includes Halo, PGR, NFL Fever, Amped, Oddworld, and Azurik :D

XBOX Dude
12-14-2001, 11:53 AM
yeah microsoft has great games you can't go wrong if you get a game made by microsfot

MensurB
12-14-2001, 12:04 PM
I heard that even halo doesn't use xbox's full power, someone told me it uses only like 300-400 mhz out of the 700 and something....is that true, will we see even better games?

Toonz
12-14-2001, 12:07 PM
The reviewers at OXM said " Wreckless " looked better than DOA3. There is a blurp in the new OXM issue if you wannna read it for yourself :^)

anthrax0r
12-14-2001, 12:09 PM
Just give it about a year until they begin tailoring to the abilities of the xbox. They have just fine tuned their games for the ps2. So for now we'll just have to live with the crappy ports.

smack119
12-14-2001, 11:55 PM
developers need time to learn how to use it....soon though the games will be unbeleivable

Myth-One
12-15-2001, 12:00 AM
me wants UFC Tapout...

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:02 AM
tapout looks great... but i am wondering how the controls will workout

anthrax0r
12-15-2001, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by smack119
tapout looks great... but i am wondering how the controls will workout

probably the same as the Dreamcast version. I loved the feel of those controls.....:D

Satch
12-15-2001, 09:08 PM
lemme tell you now...none of the xbox games are using the full potentiel...not even close. not even halo. this is just barely first gen people. wait till second gen. shenmue 2 for one example. trust me we are just beginning to see a fraction of what this amazing console can do!!! :D :D :D :D