PDA

View Full Version : Best place to pre-order games and why?

rickey939
12-14-2001, 01:25 PM
What is the best place to pre-order XBox games ya think? And why? Are alot of sites price competitive....taking into account shipping prices as well of course?? Thanks for any information, much appreciated.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by rickey939
What is the best place to pre-order XBox games ya think? And why? Are alot of sites price competitive....taking into account shipping prices as well of course?? Thanks for any information, much appreciated.

I camped :D People are still camping outside the store that I work at part-time just so they can get their XBox. I had a buddy that went to KB stores website and he got his without any problem at all...and it was a good price, too. I think he ordered it from a Portland, OR location eventhough he doesn't live in Portland. The benefit of this is you won't have to pay sales tax since there is no sales tax in the state of Oregon (they have high property tax to make up for the difference...but, that doesn't apply in your case, of course :D )

They told him that he would have his XBox in one week and he ended up receiving it in three days :D That's the only site that I have seen first-hand experience in regards to an XBox purchase. He even got all the games he wanted since they were only selling bundles.

rickey939
12-14-2001, 02:02 PM
Maximus:

What about "games" though?? I already got the XBox of course!!

:D

redrum237
12-14-2001, 02:05 PM
I think that the best site to get game is Gamestop.com, good selection, normal prices. Of course u could go to the local best buy!

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 02:13 PM
Maximus:

What about "games" though?? I already got the XBox of course!!

Oh, gotcha, dude...Well, personally, I never like buying games on-line because I want to take it home and play it right away :D But, if a game that is really going to be hot and one that will probably be hard to get because of high demand, I would recommend Amazon.com or Gamestop....either way, you should get it in a couple days after you order :)

rickey939
12-14-2001, 02:14 PM
Cool, thanks alot.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 02:57 PM
Cool, thanks alot.

No problem...I also have heard some good things about Electronics Boutique being pretty fast, too...just go to www.ebgames.com and they can hook you up. I think the prices will be the same pretty much anywhere...and you may have to spend a couple bucks for shipping...but, no big deal :D

Snoopy7548
12-14-2001, 06:06 PM
i preordered mine at babbages in my mall on february i think, and i got it on launch day, and i didnt have to buy a bundle

smack119
12-14-2001, 11:34 PM
i like to just go to a store and pre-order. like media play.....not many people try there so it isnt a mad house. that way you get it the first day and dont have to wait for shipping

stevnso117
12-16-2001, 04:15 PM
I order all most all my games online and i have had the best luck with www.ebgames.com it use to ge ebworld they are always the fastest.