PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR "Party Member Killed" Unduly Alarming

selowitch
07-26-2003, 01:41 AM
Whenever one of my party members is reduced to zero hit points, I get the message: "Party Member Killed". But then, unless *all* the party members get reduced to zero in the same battle, the "killed" characters get right back up.

I suspect that Bioware changed the rules at some late stage and forgot to rewrite this particular text. The meant to say something like: "Party Member Incapacitated" or "Party Member Has Lost Consciousness" or something like that.

It's not a huge deal, but it's an interesting flaw in a nearly flawless game.

Toder
07-26-2003, 01:56 AM
I don't see how when your party member runs out of hp telling you they'vew been killed is a flaw and if everyone is killed well then its game over and load up your previous save. but if one party member was killed in battle and you could never use them again the game would suck enourmusly. I don't know how many times my main character died and my wookie saved my but. I just think its easier to say they were killed than to say "your party member was critically wounded and is unconsious".

and as far as the game being nearly flawless i say no give it sometime and i'm sure you will run into one of the many bugs of this game.

Kortiz
07-26-2003, 02:01 AM
i think that is what they wanted it to say.

selowitch
07-26-2003, 02:06 AM
:huh: How could that be deliberate??!!

What, is every day of the year flippin' Easter among the Jedi? What with all of the spontaneous resurrections and all? C'mon, compadres—it has to at least be considered a poor choice of words.

Toder
07-26-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by selowitch
:huh: How could that be deliberate??!!

What, is every day of the year flippin' Easter among the Jedi? What with all of the spontaneous resurrections and all? C'mon, compadres—it has to at least be considered a poor choice of words.

well its better that they said they've been killed then not telling you nothing at all i know since the game is in real time alot of people like myself just let my party do what they wnat during a fight and i just pick the scirpt that i need them to follow. but if one or two dies i always change my plan. and if the would never come back to life after they died. do you really think you would as far in the game as you are now?

selowitch
07-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Toder, I don't object to my party not dying permanently! I *like* that feature. It's just that the first time I heard them say my character had been "killed," my heart leapt into my throat because I thought dead meant dead. That's why I called that message "unduly alarming"—that's my only point.