PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR: Lightsaber Frustration

selowitch
07-26-2003, 01:44 AM
I'm on Dantooine as my second planetary destination. I can't seem to find a lightsaber to replace the one Bastila lost.

What's especially maddening is that when I access a workbench, I'm given the choice of *two* lightsabers to modify with the many crystals I just found in the cave. But I have no record of finding a second lightsaber, and in any event when I leave the workbench there is no second lightsaber in my inventory.

Is this a bug?

AlBoogy
07-26-2003, 01:55 AM
Perhaps you have Jolee in your group already. And the lightsaber you see is Jolees :D

selowitch
07-26-2003, 01:58 AM
:confused: I haven't met that character yet, to the best of my recollection. Juhani, yes—I converted her back to the light and that got me my Jedi robes, lightsaber, and Padawan ranking (yes!). We're still on Dantooine for the moment (taking it slow).

I have no earthly (Dantooinely?) idea where this second saber came from, or why I can only see it when using the workbench.

Could I be experiencing a bug?!

Toder
07-26-2003, 02:00 AM
i dont remember using bastila that much on dantoine but only after the third test. and how did she lose her lightsaber isn't it some jedi code that they always have it. I mean this would be her second time. I don't htink your bastila deserves to be a jedi you should turn her to the darkside.

selowitch
07-26-2003, 02:02 AM
No, no. I was only referring to the loss of her lightsaber before she joins your party. I'd love to get her another lightsaber. You'd think the Jedi Council folks would help her construct a new one—sheesh. I mean, *ahem*, a Jedi just doesn’t look right with a pair of blasters.

Kortiz
07-26-2003, 02:04 AM
ummmmmmmm....How did bastila lose her saber a 2nd time? She lost it once......but a second time? She has the 2 bladed yellow light saber. You have a single light saber......dunno what color crystal you chose.......Juhani has a light saber.....and the mandolorian cheif guy has a couple light sabers i think........

Toder
07-26-2003, 02:04 AM
wow she didn't have her light saber on taris. mine started out with her double lightsaber. but don't fret you kill many sith during the game and take their lightsabers.

selowitch
07-26-2003, 02:10 AM
I don't mind so much Bastila not having a lightsaber right now. It's actually kind of fun to have that as a goal.

But I am frustrated by having a choice of two lightsabers to modify when at the workbenches, but only one in my actual inventory. That makes no sense at all to me.

Anybody else suspect a bug?

Toder
07-26-2003, 02:21 AM
i believe the light saber is juhani check you equipment on the equipment screen or put juhani in your party she's probally equiped with the second lightsaber that your modiflying and it will not give you the option or see the weapon that another partymember is equiped with.

Haggard Jedi
07-27-2003, 09:14 PM
u should have gotten her dual edged lightsaber once u defeated the guy after freeing her your supposed to pick it up

Dre
07-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Haggard Jedi
u should have gotten her dual edged lightsaber once u defeated the guy after freeing her your supposed to pick it up

No you aren't. She automatically has it equipped, no need to pick it up.

It must be a bug or you're just confused

dronezero
07-28-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Dre

No you aren't. She automatically has it equipped, no need to pick it up.

It must be a bug or you're just confused

I had to pick it up from the guy as well. Bastila had a double bladed sword of some sort, but it wasn't a lightsaber. I think I got some of her other equipment of the guy as well, though I can't remeber what it was.

Professor Kaos
07-28-2003, 01:00 AM
Yeah, her saber and this belt are on the guy that trys to withdraw his prize. If you didnt pick the stuff off his corps you wont have a saber for her until u kill the mandalorian dude, kill a dark jedi, or equip juhani's.

selowitch
07-28-2003, 06:57 PM
The guy who tried to back out of the bet had a double-bladed lightsaber, but I remember now that I sold it because I didn’t want to go dual for my character, and it didn’t occur to me to give it to Bastila. It was my first time and in retrospect seems foolish.

Oh, well. I’m still enjoying the game immensely. KOTOR is very, very cool.

Hugh_Jass
07-29-2003, 07:11 AM
I must have about a dozen spare light sabres in my inventory. I quickly switched to a dual-bladed sabre when the opportunity arose.

mitch2025
07-29-2003, 06:48 PM
i had to pick it up from the guy also but since i found tons of other light sabers it doesnt really matter that much to me

Professor Kaos
07-29-2003, 07:59 PM
Now I use 2 purple sabers, a long in the right hand and short in the left (no sexual pun intended :eek: )

kenji
07-29-2003, 09:15 PM
I collect light sabers because they don't sell for that much. I have around 25.

Dyslexic Chaos
07-30-2003, 10:02 PM
I like to color code them for certain enemies, like green for Droids, purple for Flesh beings etc. My main character usually carries a double-bladed light sabre, Bastila carries 2 lightsabres, and Jolee carries 1 sabre, and i killed Juhani because i wanted double sabres early :D. Regardless, i am VERY light, almost worked my way completely to the light side, abut 3 more light points to go :D!!!

thrAsher
07-30-2003, 10:10 PM
****SPOILER***********************

I finally beat Malak like a little simp when I started to think about setting certain sabers up for certain attacks. I quit going at him w/ 2 sabers, and put together a yellow, double-bladed nightmare that cut him up like toilet paper.

I'm glad I beat KotOR w/o using any cheats or reading any spoilers, but I have to say this game won't give me as many headaches as it did the first time. And, mind you, they were all welcome ones.

I essentially beat Malak w/ a double-bladed saber as to maximize attack capabilities. That, and some Verpine Prototype shield action, he was easy prey. Silly pansy had to milk dead Jedi for juice.

BTW, best RPG for the Xbox, hands down.

:cheers: