PDA

View Full Version : Need Midnight Club II Info ASAP

wheatus-frog-uk
07-26-2003, 07:32 AM
Hey,

Could somebody please tell me if Midnight Club II is worth buying for Oflline play ONLY. I dont and cant have broadband and so am stuck with offline play.

I am wanting to buy either this or Burnout 2 - I understand that most of Burnout 2 is based offline (only score boards) so this doesnt bother me, but what about Midnight Club II

Is the single player game good enough to keep me interested for long, etc?

Also, would you say Midnight Club II or Burnout?

Thanks

Dan

LTM360
07-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Midnight Club 2 Single player was nothing to get excited about I wouldn't buy it even for multiplayer. A friend of mine told me Burnout 2 is great, (he doesnt have XBL) but I never got to play it. Id get Burnout 2, or maybe even Star Wars: KOTOR. But wait for a few more opinions.

wweomaniac
07-26-2003, 01:19 PM
I owned Midnight Club 2... finished up to 66% of the game till I got bored of it. Thats roughly.... 10-12 hours? ++, it was the summer.. so I didn't expect for a game to appeal to me for too long.

Multiplayer with friends over is great... especially with the nitros.

I never played burnout 2, but I heard it's better in terms of single player. I may be wrong.

wheatus-frog-uk
07-26-2003, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!

I really dont know what to get now, lol...

Anyone else got any views? and while im posting, anyone reckon that either the indy car game or speed kings is better than either burnout 2 or midnight club 2 at all?

please let me know ur opinions... at the moment though, as i have no real info on indy car or speed kings, it seems mc2 or burnout to be my best options with the latter looking slightly better for my situation (no online play)

thanks

dan

JJaX
07-26-2003, 02:30 PM
Rali sport is a great racing game.

Maybe rent Sega GT or something. What are you looking for in a racing game? Realism?

wheatus-frog-uk
07-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Hey,

I already have Ralisport. I have other racers such as PGR, Moto GP 1 and 2..I also do not like Sega GT - Just not my game...

I dont really know what kind of racer... probably a more arcadey one... I was gonna get Crazy Taxi but thats sold out everywhere and they say they wont be getting any more in (UK).

So yeah, either an arcadey one or one that is really realistic (such as the new Indy Car) one.

Basically i dont really mind so much... im open to any suggestions..

Thanks

Dan

wheatus-frog-uk
07-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Oh yeah... the main thing I want in the game is very good offline - Mainly single player but multipayer is always a bonus. And a game that will last me a while would also be preferred...

Thanks

Dan

JJaX
07-26-2003, 03:03 PM
Hmm seems you already have a bunch already. Dont waste your time with Midnight club II. Its garbage.

Thats my only advice.

wweomaniac
07-26-2003, 03:15 PM
oh BTW. Rallisport owns MC II. After not playing MC II for aboot a week, I popped in Rallisport and the game stunned me for the second time in its existence. In relation to Rallisport, MCII graphics are pretty terrible (w/e to the car models).