PDA

View Full Version : need good game for gamer

drunknmonkeee
07-26-2003, 08:39 PM
i'm lookin' for a new to buy, any sudjestion?? any kind and type, give me something.

l Maximus l
07-26-2003, 08:44 PM
First of all, welcome to XBA!

Let's first start by telling us what games you currently own...that way, no one here suggests a game that you already own.

kenji
07-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Welcome. :cheers: I agree with Maximus. Post your games. If you have none, Halo is a must have. Then it depends on what type of games you like.

BattleAxe2006
07-26-2003, 09:31 PM
if you have xbox live, then i suggest you get return to castle wolfenstein and mechassault. both are great games in my opinion.

l Maximus l
07-26-2003, 09:38 PM
Some of my favorite games are:

Halo
Amped
Rallisport Challenge
Brute Force
Ghost Recon
Splinter Cell
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Games that I am anticipating are:

Halo 2
Counter Strike
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield
Half Life 2
DOOM 3
Amped 2
Splinter Cell 2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004

Mario 128
07-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Hmmm...I don't know if I would suggest Halo - I didn't find it to be a fantastic title, though rather good. There are just so many other games available now that I personally think outrank the original system seller.

First of all, the most recent has been Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Its a fantastic game with a great storyline and gameplay. I would deffinitely suggest you get this if you don't own it - it is currently my favourite game available on the Xbox.

Dead or Alive 3 is a great game aswell. Its not the deepest fighter in the world, and gets repetitive later on in its life, but its a great game that anyone can pick up to play against you.

Splinter Cell is a fantastic title that really combines stealth and action into a single game. Its got some great strategy elements, and is deffinitely enjoyable by the majority of people who play it.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Subtance is my preferred Stealth Adventure title, because it has so many other options. Its another great game, but not as many people really enjoy it on the Xbox as Splinter Cell.

Panzeer Dragoon Orta has fantastic gameplay and is terribly addictive. Aside from Pandora's Box though, once you play through once, you won't be compelled to complete the story again - except for little jaunts through a few of the levels.

...and there are so many other great games that I could mention, but it would deffinitely be easier to see what games you own as of now, so I don't do any overlapping.

l Maximus l
07-27-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Mario 128
Hmmm...I don't know if I would suggest Halo - I didn't find it to be a fantastic title, though rather good. There are just so many other games available now that I personally think outrank the original system seller.

First of all, welcome to XBA. But, I would have to disagree with you about Halo since it is my favorite game of all time. Have you played Halo on-line through XBConnect? It's so addicting especially if you have a couple buddies over partaking in one of your favorite frosty beverages :D

drunknmonkeee
07-27-2003, 05:04 PM
kool, i like the suggestions, the dead or live 3 curious me. i've played helo, but not online. i finished it wiht my friend in three days. parites of the caribbeans, minight club2 and outlaw volleyball... the onlys games i have soo far, helo was a rental when we finished it. any other suggestions, i like to hear more. rpg types, racing games....

Dre
07-27-2003, 05:14 PM
Hi drunknmonkeee, I'd wait to buy Dead or Alive 3 -- it was just announced that it will be available as a Platinum Hit.

Btw, its hAlo not hElo :)

As for RPGs, you are pretty limited on Xbox. Theres the original Xbox RPG: Morrowind. Pirates of the Carribean and the recent Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (or KOTOR for short). I've played Morrowind and KOTOR and KOTOR is by far the best RPG I've played in a LONG time!! Give it a rental though to see if its to your liking. Lots of replayability in it too so you won't be putting this down after your first time through (takes around 40-60 hours to complete once).

For racing games, if you've got XBL you are going to need PGR2 once that comes out. Lots of people on here seem to really enjoy the online aspect of Midtown Madness 3.

l Maximus l
07-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by drunknmonkeee
kool, i like the suggestions, the dead or live 3 curious me. i've played helo, but not online. i finished it wiht my friend in three days. parites of the caribbeans, minight club2 and outlaw volleyball... the onlys games i have soo far, helo was a rental when we finished it. any other suggestions, i like to hear more. rpg types, racing games....

Oh man...if you have broadband, then, you're in for a treat if you like Halo. Download the free host server program at www.xbconnect.com .

This program is operated on your computer. Just use a HUB, Switch, or a Router to link your XBox and computer. You play Halo on your TV, of course. XBConnect simply manipulates your XBox into making it think it's playing a LAN (System Link) game, however, it's doing it over the internet. On the website, it shows a few different ways of connecting everything if you have any questions. It's has been, and still is, by far, my favorite XBox experience thus far.

Killah_priest
07-27-2003, 10:22 PM
I would just like to say ratings aren't everything. Different games apply to different people. If you like playing shrek and batman on your box, then feel free. But you play games at your own risk because you can actually die from boredm(lol). I recommend dead or alive 3 and halo 2 but you have to wait.

peace.
8====D~~~*