PDA

View Full Version : XIII - When????

BCan
07-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Any idea of a release date for this game?

Papke
07-26-2003, 10:40 PM
I feel like I'm one of the only people looking forward to this game. What I've seen reminds me of Goldeneye, and don't get me started on Goldeneye. It even has xbox live capability. I can't wait.

It was delayed though, and I think the release date is sometime in the 4th quarter of this year.

Xbox Owner
07-26-2003, 11:48 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I think it comes out October 14th or something..

DocHoliday78
07-27-2003, 12:24 AM
Is that the cell shade game? If so that game looks freaking awesome!

thrAsher
07-27-2003, 01:47 AM
Oh, XIII is gonna rip some gamers new ones.

It's a cel-shaded FPS w/ a graphic novel 'feel'. You'll be able to see the words 'tap tap tap' as someone walks through the hall on the other side of the wall you're on. Sniper head-shots will open up a multi panel sequence of the bullet entering, moving through, and leaving the targets head.

I mean, come on!

l Maximus l
07-27-2003, 03:42 AM
Personally, I'm a little skeptical about XIII...but, I'll definately rent it first to see if it's worthy of my XBox library.

DocHoliday78
07-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Damn i just saw a video of it and WOW its f*cking awesome. It looks extremly well made and the gun animations are sweet.

Koopa
07-27-2003, 09:21 PM
its gonna get overshadowed by rainbow6 III, unreal 2 for xbox (that's winter release, rite?), counter-strike, doom3, half life 2,and island thunder....and thats just including shooters.

out of r6III and maybe another live game...but im gonna be spending alot of time playing half life two, and maybeee i might get the secret weapons xpansion for battlefileld 1942..

its gonna be busy this holiday season

oh yeah and theres still FZERo and soul calibur to consider..

DocHoliday78
07-28-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Koopa
its gonna get overshadowed by rainbow6 III, unreal 2 for xbox (that's winter release, rite?), counter-strike, doom3, half life 2,and island thunder....and thats just including shooters.

out of r6III and maybe another live game...but im gonna be spending alot of time playing half life two, and maybeee i might get the secret weapons xpansion for battlefileld 1942..

its gonna be busy this holiday season

oh yeah and theres still FZERo and soul calibur to consider..

Doom ain't coming out this winter, unreal 2 sucks balls, half life 2 not coming out on xbox for a LONG time. Unless your talking about pc becasue if so then yeah i am playing that too when it comes out.

BCan
07-28-2003, 03:53 AM
It depends on how people take the game. It's a cel-shaded game, ie like The Simpsons TV show, and has that "comic book" feel about the whole game...

Perhaps peoples bad experience with the Hulk movie will put them off. BUT it looks like a gem of a game.

Trento52
07-29-2003, 02:14 PM
I think this game looks awsome if it weren't cel shaded it would seem just like alot of the others and i really think it looks cool and that is why it sticks out. Plus since it has live it will probably do pretty good IMO.

BigJosh359
07-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by BCan
Any idea of a release date for this game?

Our product profile of XIII says October. EBGames.com says October 9th. October maybe? ;)

BCan
07-30-2003, 05:55 AM
So, that means about December 2007 for us in Australia?!!!!

We still have another month to wait for KotOR.....

nutsnyomowf
07-30-2003, 06:37 PM
Im looking forward to this game also!!!Deathmatch on Xbox Live might be hot.The thing that bothers me in the videos thow, is that the A.I. doesnt look so good. In 1 player mode the guys just stand there and let u walk up to them and gun butt the heck out of em.I hope thats why they pushed it back,the A.I. looks like it needs more fine tuning.

rough_rida
07-30-2003, 07:07 PM
^^Agreed.

PapaSKooT
07-31-2003, 06:14 PM
I wasnt even considering getting this game until i made the saig for the XBA GFX contest about it, and now it's high up there on my list.

billlaimbeer
07-31-2003, 08:11 PM
it looks insanely great. will probably be one of the most heavily marketed games of all time. will definitely rent first. not sure why that isn't always the solution.

idaho
08-03-2003, 08:36 PM
renting is always the solution. well sometimes always. i go with the gamefly. that said, i will be purchasing the XIII. i'm a cel suckah!