PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks KOTOR was too short**may contain spoilers**

pepitonet
07-26-2003, 09:27 PM
i beat the game on 32h 12m it was supposted to be a 60 hours + game what happened to the others 27+ hours also i heart many people had problem with the game i played the whole game and died once in taris and thats it, the only other problem i had was figuringout the squares combination but after that no problems at all...it is a good game but for being so short it is not worthed the $50 spended on it i guess i take back what i said about it being the best rpg game

Toder
07-26-2003, 10:24 PM
it took me around 45 hrs to beat with full light side. I didn't finish all of the side missions though. did you?

Toder
07-26-2003, 10:39 PM
but this game does have great replay value take into consideration that you go another route ie light or one of the other options you could join that bountyhunter league. or your charater could be trained in other types of combat. i think that is what gives you the 60+ hrs

pepitonet
07-26-2003, 11:05 PM
plus my character stopped growing level when he got to jedi 12 and scout 8
also i did about 60 to 70% of the side quest a few couldn't do it cause i was playing the light side i might play it on the dark side just to see the ending which i heard was different but i amreally disappointed with the game well i guess i will have to stick with morrowinds until fable comes unless i decide to try the pain named pirates of the carebben(i don't like movie games) until fable comes out

thrAsher
07-27-2003, 02:15 AM
The 80 hour claim by BioWare, I think, includes the replay value of playing the opposite side (Dark vs. Light).

I kinda rushed through it and have almost beat the game at 40 hours. I really can't see, though, how I could milk another 40 hours out of the game even if I completed every single quest. Some discrepancy there, maybe. But replay value is absolutely there.

Kortiz
07-27-2003, 04:40 AM
I'm at about 50 hours playing. Im not on the hard difficulty, just at the medium. IMO....50 hours is enough for me. Once i play the Dark side, i can trade kotor for some games here on XBA.....

JJaX
07-27-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by pepitonet
i beat the game on 32h 12m it was supposted to be a 60 hours + game what happened to the others 27+ hours also i heart many people had problem with the game i played the whole game and died once in taris and thats it, the only other problem i had was figuringout the squares combination but after that no problems at all...it is a good game but for being so short it is not worthed the $50 spended on it i guess i take back what i said about it being the best rpg game

I dont believe im hearing people cry about only getting 32 hours out of a great RPG. It was 50 bucks dude! Thats like eating at fridays 3 times.

Hugh_Jass
07-27-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm playing the light side, but I also have done a few of the dark side quests because they sounded like fun.

I don't have any sympathy for someone who doesn't play the side quests and complains that the game is too short. This is a rich and very satisfying RPG and I am loving every minute of it. Why rush through the game?

pepitonet
07-27-2003, 09:49 PM
i didn't have a rush to fisnish it just didn't expend any time doing nothing i explored every level to is maximum only 3 side quest i didn't do(the one of converting carths son to the light and two others)and i played the game in normal and only died once and since i am used to morrowinds this game seem like nothing better graphics and better play but too short and i emaied bioware complaining about their mistake of the 60 hours game and they said that it is supposted to take you 30 hours to play light with all side quest and another 30 hours to play dark with side quest in normal mode.. this is another baldurs gate..bio ware is getting used to making short games(they won't ever see $50 i will wait for price drop on their software from now on)

MerimacHamwich
07-27-2003, 11:19 PM
Although I never read through this thread, due to the possible spoilers, I want to introduce a viewpoint that may not have been expressed.

Time, yes, it is relative. Although it is and can be used as a measurement it also has a relative nature. Often, that which is long seems short, and that which is short seems long. For instance, the "big drop" of a roller coaster often seems longer than it really is. This is due to the perception of the event from a human standpoint. That which we enjoy, can either feel like its long, or short. That which we fear, is more often than not longer than it really is.

Then there is also the point of time as in hours played and actual time it took to play. Often, when one plays a game, one does not beat it in one consecutive sitting. Infact, that is almost always the situation. Thusly, those 12 hours of gameplay, or whatever, is spanned over a time of days, even months thus making the experience seem longer. When one goes from playing games like that, to playing games for consecutive hours, if not days and beating it in a short amount of time, they are left with a feeling of time. Time not used which is usually taken up by the game. Thusly, it seems as though the experience was shorter than it should have been. That, coupled with the human perception of time can surely make something seem much shorter than it really is.

Whereas it may actually take 5 days, the human perception may be that of 1 or 2 days.

Professor Kaos
07-28-2003, 01:16 AM
I spent an extra 2 hours on Taris finding the Rakgouhl(sp?) syrum and finding these 3 journals so the ppl of that are so low they dont even live in the undercity could go be prosperous. Then there was fighting for the hutt dude in the arena. There are many many hours of sidequests, you just have to find ppl and talk to everyone (thats what I do.) You find out new things, get different items and the like.