PDA

View Full Version : The Downs

thrAsher
07-27-2003, 02:28 AM
KOTOR got me thinking, as I'm poised to put Malak in his place, that games die. I mean, they come at you full force, you bleed and breathe them, and then they simply fade away. They loose the luster.

Take, for instance, Halo. The first time I played it, I lived it. For a week straight, trying different difficulties and having friends over to crack out. Now, it sits there, a behemoth, only a tired, used, 'been there done that' one.

Am I alone, or do you all feel like I do sometimes. Like that great game is so much an experience, that the first time around is simply exuberating and every time after, it is simply an exercise in monotony?

Just wondering what you all thought...do you get down on games after a while?

:huh:

FuNkY mOnK
07-27-2003, 05:10 AM
I feel like this about my wife sometimes, j/k. It depends on the game really. For instance, Halo will always bring me back to the debut of the xbox and played Halo for the first time hearing the mOnK chant, that will always be a special time for me.

Trento52
07-27-2003, 05:24 AM
yeah depends on the game like after playing hunter the reckoning and silent hill2 for example to me,i loved them and wanted more but the games was so boring to play a second time. But i keep those type of games just to have a bigger list of games and if i choose to play them again they are always there.