PDA

View Full Version : VGA Adapter for the XBOX?

jhsu
07-27-2003, 04:18 PM
I'm heading off to college soon, and understandably don't want to leave my XBOX at home. I won't be able to get a TV for my dorm room, so I must make do with one of these VGA Adapter thingies. My question is, which VGA Adapter is the best? Do these VGA adapters also hook up PC Speakers to your XBOX? I need some serious help with this stuff...

FuNkY mOnK
07-27-2003, 05:20 PM
There’s been a thread on this already but anyway, get a true vga adapter do the research and make sure that they specify if it is a true vga signal or a measly line doublers. I've seen the line doublers on an LCD and CRT monitor and looked fuzzy. But I haven’t seen it on a true vga signal. But for the sake of taking your xbox with you I guess it doesn’t matter.
Try here (http://www.computerhq.com/hardware/partinfo-id-15017.html)

FuNkY mOnK
07-27-2003, 05:38 PM
Sorry for the double post. Isn’t it ironic that tech guru like Microsoft would have the common sense to add a simple vga adapter like the less powerful Dreamcast? :eek:

Dre
07-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Sorry for the double post. Isn’t it ironic that tech guru like Microsoft would have the common sense to add a simple vga adapter like the less powerful Dreamcast? :eek:

I agree, if they could make a true VGA adapter, they might even sell more Xbox's!

WynnFire
07-28-2003, 03:13 AM
I have an adapter for my Dreamcast and think it's great. They definately should make one for the GameCube and Xbox. Or at least have the third party ones endorsed by the Nintendo or Microsoft.

jhsu
07-28-2003, 09:00 PM
Has anyone tried the Redant XBOX VGA Adapter, or the Sagestar XBOX VGA Adapter? Tell me about he picture quality, and also if they let you connect ur PC spekaers to the XBOX(I'm going with these cheap models cuz the more expensive ones only output HDTV(480P,720P,1080i) games, and not AUF or Hitman 2(which aren't HDTV games), or at least so i've heard)