PDA

View Full Version : What has been your best XBox experience?

l Maximus l
07-27-2003, 05:34 PM
To be more clear, I am just curious to hear about your most incredible and memorable XBox experience you have ever had. What game were you playing and where were you at? And, what made it so incredible?

Personally, I don't have a single experience...I have had many...but, it is always doing the same thing: Playing Halo in a System Link (LAN) game with other talented Halo players. Of course, during one of the many Halo sessions, everyone eventually gets sloshed up compliments to several frosty beverages. :D

I have a buddy that hosts 16 man Halo LAN games every other weekend. He is a police officer and his station has 4 projectors that he can borrow. They aren't the quality of my HDTV, but, they project a very clear and clean screen about 100" big. Split four ways, it's not bad at all, as you can imagine :D

Also playing Halo on XBConnect. When I have a few buddies over and drinking some ice cold Guiness Draught, there's nothing better than having several huge games going. Ever since I upgraded my DSL to 768K upload, it doesn't matter how many people I am hosting. The connection is smooth as silk and I have yet to have anyone complain about any lag issues whatsoever. Of course, if someone else is joining your host session, they may get a slight bullet delay when using the pistol, for example, but, it's not like the average server. Damn, I love this thing!!!! :cheers:

Dre
07-27-2003, 05:40 PM
I've got to say that the first week of Xbox Live was the best time of my Xbox experience. I bought MA and UC and already had NFL2k3 and NHL2k3. I skipped classes and everything just to play those games. Hella fun!

Also, in recent memory though, KOTOR really was a memorable experience. The storyline is the BEST storyline I've seen in a game. Being a fan of the movies and a huge RPG fan I don't think I could have asked for more from Bioware.

FuNkY mOnK
07-27-2003, 05:45 PM
Hearing the Halo mOnK chant song and the very first shoot out in Halo. I will never forget that.:cry:

Ninja Scroll
07-27-2003, 06:35 PM
I think my best experience is yet to come.
I feel it will be when I first pop in Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden and finally have a game that will addict me and make me feel da love of gaming since,.. well,.... Halo!

As of right now, ...hmmm, .. probably playing peeps here on XBL last November when it launched!
I mean it was a long time coming as we all talk to one another in forums and to finally hear your forum peeps talk to ya online was awesome to say da least.

Can wait for da Fall/Winter XBL titles like ESPN NFL & NBA2K4!!:cheers:

Papke
07-27-2003, 06:35 PM
My best (and worst :D) experience was earning that extra ending to Halo after conquering it on legendary.

Ninja Scroll
07-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Also, in recent memory though, KOTOR really was a memorable experience. The storyline is the BEST storyline I've seen in a game. Being a fan of the movies and a huge RPG fan I don't think I could have asked for more from Bioware.

I could, ... Sega bringing a sequel to a KOTOR killer in "Skies Of Arcadia":p
now dats a true deep story line with limitless storytelling depth.:cool:

borka105
07-27-2003, 07:00 PM
I think my three best experiences were:

1. getting my xbox from the fed-ex delivery guy on 11/15/01..... had it pre-ordered the first day possibly at ebgames.com

2. getting on XBL and playing mechassault

3. the never before felt excitement of playing a sports game over LIVE........ damn, that feeling is unmatched.....

-borka105

MerimacHamwich
07-27-2003, 07:35 PM
When I first played ReVolt in the Xbox LIVE beta stages. Playing online with Xbox for the first time with all of those features was amazing. I was also playing it before more than 3/4 of the world was able to.
It was excellent.
:cheers:

canadianboi3
07-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Basically mine was running home from school at 2:45 to get my Beta Test Kit for XBL. That day I was on XBL alllllll night. I remember sitting there repeating how great it was with the people I was playing. Can't replace that.

wbio
07-27-2003, 08:48 PM
no songle best experience, but halo multiplayer is always great. I also like playing in the car, our school's small, so we take cars and vans on field trips, and we played halo and vice city all the way to dc (about a five hour drive) and back. We also played it going on another 4+ hour trip, and on a short 45 minute trip. It's great.

Snoopy7548
07-27-2003, 08:53 PM
when i finally got xbl to work (the day i got my router)...and i played motogp for so long. :D or the day i got my xbox

MixMasta
07-28-2003, 10:11 AM
Like others, Xbox Live was an amazing first experience. I remember playing NFL Fever first as the beta, and as soon as I heard the other guy talk I was like WTF, and then I was like this was awesome!

But the true best experience for me was the first 2 weeks of Xbox Live being officially release. I only bought Unreal Championship cause I was tight on cash and I played every day after school from 3:30 till 8 for 10 weekdays straight, and I played like all weekend long both weekends. Then my mom thought I was playing to much so she limited me to 2 hours a day for like a week. But that was crazy, I played like over 100 hours of CTF and I loved every fricking minute of it. But after 3 weeks I got Ghost Recon and so I began on my Ghost Recon addiction.

LTM360
07-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Just like most everyone else, Xbox Live. I only had Unreal, but I was a fan of that in the first place. I played it constantly until recently when I got Return to Castle Wolfenstien. When I first heard other people talking I was hooked. I dont think I could possibly ever play a PC game online, it just wouldn't be the same without using my own voice to trash talk.

SkoalMint
07-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Good topic Maxy. :cheers:

I also have a number of memorable moments, too many to list, but I'll name a few in chronological order.

Obviously getting my Xbox on launch day at Sears. No lines, no pre-orders, just me walking in the store. Could have bought 4 of them if I wanted.

Second was finally getting selected to Beta test XBL, even tho it was the last round of testers. I remember reading everyone's posts about how great it was and checking e-mail and the forums religiously for the next round of beta mails.

Hooking up with Casper, JJaX, DZ, and others the first night that GR came out. After that night, I realized that this is why I bought the Xbox. Then shortly after being asked to join the best damn clan on XBL. :D

My first NFL 2K3 game with DZ. Yea I lost, but it was close. Real close. :cuss:

treyz3
07-28-2003, 08:19 PM
My first Halo party would have to be the most memorable. We only had two Xboxes at the time, but it was still an awesome experience.

The second best was getting my Xbox Live Beta Kit. Now that was a total rush as I went into a game of Revolt for the first time...

rough_rida
07-28-2003, 08:54 PM
My most memorable experiences were:

1) Playing Xbox for the very first time.

2) PLaying XboX Live on UC for the very first time.

CarGuy
07-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Basically just playing HALO for the first time. Xbox live for the first time was pretty awesome too..

Ugunnalose
07-28-2003, 09:53 PM
the first day it came out i came home opened it up and played halo for the first time ever.

Kortiz
07-29-2003, 01:18 AM
Playing Halo when I first got my Xbox was a big milestone for gaming.

Also playing the CIA level in Splinter Cell was awesome. That level is the best level in the game and I loved every bit of it.

KOTOR is the best rpg I have ever played on a console before....that happening on Xbox only makes it better.

If I ever get the broadband out in the sticks, I'll be on live no doubt. That will be a huge milestone for me in gaming as well. I cannot wait for that opportunity.

Yeah....so far that is it.

ITALIGUESE
07-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Definately my best XBOX experience was at eletronic boutique...playing dark alliance with my friend and saving the progress on the store's system so we can play the next day. Ya, that's how poor I am.

ARONO129
07-29-2003, 02:45 AM
Setting up my Xbox and playing (my first game) Fever 2002 was amazing. I was blown away by the graphics.

Finally buying Halo and playing a perfect video game.

Watching Planet of the Apes on the Xbox was great because it was my first DVD movie. (Stop laughing).

Each and every time I play any of my games on the Xbox is a great escape. I lose myself in the game.

Currently hooked on Nascar Thunder 2003. (Got a good deal).

pete_bhoy
07-29-2003, 12:11 PM
my most memoral experience would have to be when my xbox was deliverd to my house. i had preorderd months before and the delivery came 5 days late. I remember playing PGR for hours that day hving shunted amped after my first try.

to this day i dunno why i dint get the HALO pack but i was kinda schechy over the game but i gave in a week later and finally picked up teh greatest game ever made. that brings me to my second most memoral moment, my first and only LAN match. there were 5 of us on 2 xbox's and i won a team game of 4V1, me being the 1:D

i cant wait to get on XBL and hopefully in my next house, were currently moving, i will beable to get broadband!

mitch2025
07-29-2003, 03:40 PM
if i had broudband it would probably be xbox live but since i dont it is CTF on HALO

Goku_69
07-29-2003, 04:10 PM
My most best xbox experience was nov, 15th 2001. I got up at 6 AM so i could get to wal-mart and get in line to get my xbox, but i had to rent a game cause i was broke after i got the system.:cool:

AlBoogy
07-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Im surprised more people havent said KOTOR and the point where the plot,uhhh, thickens... :D

l Maximus l
07-30-2003, 12:36 AM
Damn, there is some good stuff in here! Keep it rolling! :D

wbio
07-30-2003, 01:11 AM
Another one of my most memorable experiences was seeing Fever 2002 for the first time. It was the first Xbox game I had ever seen, and I was blown away (not to mention how fun it was winning aginst my friend who owned the game the first time I played). I was used to N64 graphics, even though I had seen a few PS2 games (mainly GTA 3, so still N64 graphics). I hadn't really been paying attention to the xbox until I played Fever, and that was the only game I played before I got mine, and i convinced me to get an Xbox over a ps2.

mitch2025
07-30-2003, 02:04 AM
my 2nd most memerablr moment was when i first started KOTOR

Kortiz
07-30-2003, 03:27 AM
A new most memorable moment was in KOTOR, when the plot thickened........no really the whole game has been great. I have nearly 50 hours.......it has been 2 days since i touched the game. I needed a break before i beat it for the first time.

wbio
07-30-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by mitch2025
my 2nd most memerablr moment was when i first started KOTOR
Um, just a question, but why did you attach your sig?

AlBoogy
07-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by wbio

Um, just a question, but why did you attach your sig?

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. I stole it just for that! :D

Fosho, Im glad you finally brought that point up. I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought that point in the game was amazing.

AlBoogy
07-30-2003, 10:17 AM
AHHHH, Mitch I know now why you put that there! I will host it for you and pm you the url. Your attatchment didnt go throuh either time in last nights pms.

thrAsher
07-30-2003, 10:52 AM
AlBoogy: The plot twist in KOTOR was a great moment. Gave me that funny feeling, like climbing the rope in gym class. :p

But I have to say, I've had a couple of great Xbox moments. And w/o Live!, believe that.

The first was getting it home. I waited and bought mine last year when the bundle deal came out. I plugged it in and played JSRF and was blown away. I loved the cel-shading and everything about it. Took me two days to beat that one. And it wasn't the game so much that blew me away either, it was the dashboard, the hardware, everything about the console.

The second was really the single best experience I've had w/ Xbox, and one of the best gaming moments ever. I had my little brother (a former PS2 fanboy) stay over one weekend, and we went shopping for a game. I couldn't decide between Halo and Mechassault, and thankfully, I spent my dough on Halo (and another controller so the little sniper could play, too). We went home and popped that baby in and jumped right into the co-op game, not even looking at the manual. Nine (9) hours later, after many "oohs!" and "ahhhs" and several outbursts of sheer joy and laughter, we grudgingly turned off the green machine. It was a sad moment, and the next day after he left I went back to our game and beat it an hour later. We'd almost crushed Halo in our first at bat!!!!

That was a great moment. Now, whenever he comes over for a weekend, we get in a good 5 or 6 hours w/ Halo on multiplayer. He's now a professed Xbox supporter, and is in the process of selling his PS2 for $ for an Xbox. That in itself is another great Xbox moment for me, my little brother seeing the light. I always knew he was a smart boy! ;)

Brutus
07-30-2003, 01:55 PM
Mine was playing on my huge TV, with 5.1 surround sound. I was playing HALO for the whole night. Hearing aliens and sounds geographically like that in a dark room with the glow of the TV on my face... It was beautiful.

That's mine.

ShannonX
07-30-2003, 09:11 PM
probably my best experience was playing halo via gamespy or whatever it was we were using....

I'll admit that i'm not that great of a player, i'm average, usually about 50:50 in kills/deaths.

We were playing 6 people 3 vs 3 with 4 of us on one box at a house and 2 others somewhere else. It was supposed to have been 3 vs 3 but one of the other guys jumped on my friends team so its 4 vs 2, me and one other guy.

we wound up loosing 50 - 49, but that was my best game ever and my best experience. I had 31 kills i believe and died around 19 or 20. I was happy. =) hahah

neonightmare
07-30-2003, 10:24 PM
One of my best experiences was when I got NFL 2K3 for Xbox. I had already been playing MechAssault and Unreal Championship for a couple weeks, but then I met this guy who was great at NFL 2K3, and I was pretty crappy, but we played like at least 20-30 games over a couple day span and I started actually beating him. It was just a blast.

Reclaimer
07-31-2003, 01:03 AM
Probably just playing Halo for the first time. That was something truly awe striking. It was like witnessing the birth of a new era of gaming. Getting an xbox on launch day, and playing Halo, and getting mismerized by the sheer grandeur of the game and getting immersed into a game that is of epic proportions. You have to admit, Halo but the Xbox where it is. The Flagship game of the console.

morrowindGOD
07-31-2003, 09:48 PM
beating a guy in nfl fever 193 to 17

Snoopy7548
07-31-2003, 09:51 PM
lol...casper beat me 95-7 i think....haha. i was like, 2 yards from getting a touchdown...so i passed the ball, and he intercepted it and HE got a touchdown...i was like, no way...

Sound2TheBay
08-01-2003, 01:02 AM
What has been your best XBox experience?
The fact that I decided in favor of Xbox over PS2 at the VERY last minute. One of the best decisions I've ever made. :p

y2kash_14
08-01-2003, 03:17 AM
The moment I sold Halo for store credit :cheers:

and i'll never forget the moment I found out Splinter Cell sucked...oh the memories :cry: :cry:

Heavens Gate
08-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Just getting it home the first time I got it and opening it was a joy. I loved when Shenmue 2 got released . I beat the dreamcast version but still had to get it for Xbox. Still nothing beats my experience with Dreamcast. Standing in line on 9/9/1999 at 6:30 am and getting home , popping in NFL 2k and My jaw dropped. The best experience I ever had.:D