PDA

View Full Version : Where are the xbox horror games?

Killah_priest
07-28-2003, 04:26 PM
I've noticed that the xbox has a lack of horror, which is kind of disappointing. The gamecube has Eternal Darkness, Playstation has Resident Evil, xbox has nothing. what is going on? I love horror games, they're quite thrilling. This is the only weakness the xbox seems to have or i could be mistaken. Are there any games in development? or any games I overlooked?

sorry,this is also in the off topic lounge.

SkoalMint
07-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Well, there was Silent Hill 2, but I agree, we could use some more horror games.

MerimacHamwich
07-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Quoted from my post in the Offtopic lounge.

Fatal Frame
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
The Thing
House of the Dead 3
Run Like HeII
The X-Files: Resist or Serve (Coming out)

I think there are a few I am forgetting as well.

ITALIGUESE
07-29-2003, 01:32 AM
True, Xbox lacks a good horror game. I still play the resident evil series on my PS1 becuz it's good and I don't have an xbox of my own becuz I'm short on funds.

MerimacHamwich
07-29-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by ITALIGUESE
True, Xbox lacks a good horror game. I still play the resident evil series on my PS1 becuz it's good and I don't have an xbox of my own becuz I'm short on funds.
Are you mad? Silent Hill has been critically acclaimed. It has also been said to be much scarier than any other horror game, that is until Fatal Frame came into being. Honestly, give some more games a try, especially since you think Resident Evil is the best horror game. Its clunky and not scary in the least, bottom of the barrel in my opinion.

DocHoliday78
07-29-2003, 04:25 AM
Silent hill < Resident Evil

Shadow20002
07-29-2003, 03:12 PM
I think he want a original one made exclusively for the Xbox. :watchout:

TEA
07-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Have you guys gone mad?!And had a rave and forgot about the Oh So Great Hunter:The Reckoning(which was pretty darn good;) if you ask me ).Which there's a sequel coming out soon with count it 5 HUNTERS!!!!1 more makes it all the funner.

D-Mob
08-01-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

Are you mad? Silent Hill has been critically acclaimed. It has also been said to be much scarier than any other horror game, that is until Fatal Frame came into being. Honestly, give some more games a try, especially since you think Resident Evil is the best horror game. Its clunky and not scary in the least, bottom of the barrel in my opinion.
I don't know. Resident Evil is my view is better than Silent Hill. It may not be scarier, but it has something Silent Hill doesn't. I don't know what it is, but in Silent Hill you run around too much and the unfolding of the story is so much slower. Resident Evil has a faster pace, because things happen more frequently, which hooked you in. But I could be wrong maybe it is just me.

Highlite23
08-01-2003, 08:46 AM
Besides the games already mentioned, don't forget Doom 3 will be coming and there are a couple of new ones featured on this months OXM demo that look pretty good.

I'll check it out and post the titles.

BTW...Silent Hill creeped me out way more then RE.