PDA

View Full Version : I'm officially ****ed at KotOR

Hermes Pan
07-28-2003, 08:16 PM
you CAN'T invert the controls!!!!!?????

btw, it seems there are only 6 human palyers you can choose from? is this right? also, you can't be on the dark side?

Kortiz
07-28-2003, 08:47 PM
so you want to look up and down? press the right thumb stick.......WUWU!

the rest, what is so bad about that? huh huh huh?

Professor Kaos
07-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Can't be dark...WTF are you smokin? All you have to do is not do the honorable thing, like dont help a person or say the meaner things, you will eventually gain dark side points.

Fanboy5000
07-28-2003, 11:35 PM
You can't be on the dark side?

Where did you read that?

Slayer02
07-29-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Hermes Pan
you CAN'T invert the controls!!!!!?????

btw, it seems there are only 6 human palyers you can choose from? is this right? also, you can't be on the dark side?
I don't know what this guy is smoking, but it's damn good. :p

Hermes Pan
07-29-2003, 06:09 AM
ok. so then tell me, how DO you invert the controls? i want the aviator style controls. where are they? and how do i fight for the dark side, eh? i didn't know this game was like this. i thought you were able to choose a side! and there really aren't that many characters to choose from.

Arven
07-29-2003, 08:08 AM
No, there are no aviator-style controls on this one. It's an RPG, not an FPS or a flight sim. Here's more bad news for you: the right thumbstick pans horizontally but not vertically (unless you click down). ooh noo. :cry:

"How do I fight for the dark side?" Man, did you do ANY research before buying this game? You sound like you know absolutely nothing about it.

And yeah, there's not that many faces to choose from. boo hoo.

I look forward to more of your petty whining about KOTOR.

thedrisc
07-29-2003, 09:11 AM
you can invert the controls only for the ebon hawk gun turret. I had to do. I couldn't hit any thing the way it was setup. don't remeber exactly where in the menu but go through it and you will find it.

AlBoogy
07-29-2003, 09:54 AM
and how do i fight for the dark side, eh? i didn't know this game was like this. i thought you were able to choose a side! and there really aren't that many characters to choose from.

Im speechless....

thrAsher
07-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Hermes: The idea behind this particular RPG is that you start off neutral, and by your actions and responses in dialogue, you determine whether or not your character is good or evil. On Taris there are plenty of chances to beef up your dark side points, so no worries, pal. You can be pretty evil by the time you leave Taris, as long as you take the path less traveled (ie: just play the game like a nasty sumbeotch).

And to reiterate what others have said, if you want to look around, click in the right thumbstick and take a little looky-loo.

:cheers:

Hermes Pan
07-29-2003, 10:31 AM
to those that repond decently: thanks you!

to those that are obnoxious: please go to another thread and leave me alone.

I found where you can invert, but it says it's only for the mini-games. i just don't like the left/right axis. i like the feel of holding a gun on a turret. know what i mean? and i was going by the back of the box where it says "Choose your path". and the blurb under it that kind of gives you the idea that you can choose a side. ah well. i may be returning this game later for Pirates instead.

thrAsher
07-29-2003, 10:47 AM
Hermes: Give the game a chance, man. Really. I get the idea you want to go toward the dark side. Then do it, man. Treat everyone you meet like total crap, and choose the nastiest, meanest responses when you're talking to people/aliens, and before you know it, the dark points will start rolling in.

And don't worry, Taris is kinda boring. I'll admit that (I use the 'Return to Ebon Hawk' and 'Transit Back' function in the Map Menu a lot so I don't have to run back and forth all through Taris). But the real fun starts when you get off that planet. It's not long after that you get to start throwing down Jedi/Sith style.

:cheers:

Hermes Pan
07-29-2003, 12:22 PM
i have a few days before i can return it, i just got it yesterday, so i'll see how it goes. but i thought you were able to play as a sith if you wanted to. that's what i was looking forward to.

thrAsher
07-29-2003, 12:24 PM
Hermes: how far into the game are you? Hours/location wise? :huh:

Slayer02
07-29-2003, 02:22 PM
FYI, Pirates is a good game, but it doesn't match KOTOR. Now, you either have your sights set WAY too high for games, or you are just not willing to put time in them. How far are you? It gets better once you reach Dantooine or Korriban..

Hermes Pan
07-29-2003, 02:28 PM
i just started. i'm mostly upset cuz i can't play as a sith. i'm only in the apartment section. i'm robbing everybody, killed some lady for a bounty, that i don't even know how to collect, and being as nasty as i can to everybody. i got some dark points, but what the heck will that accomplish in the end?

btw, but the new Janes Addiction cd!

mattgame
07-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Hey, take your time buddy. Eventually, you'll find that it doesn't get much better than this game. Listen carefully and read what is being dialogued to you. You can also check previous dialogue if you forget something. In any case it will all be revealed to you. As soon as you get of Taris it is time to rumble. I assure you, I really don't care for RPG'S but this one has me hooked. So relax, go win some credits playing a little Pazaak, and get into the game!

Hermes Pan
07-29-2003, 04:48 PM
i lost all my money playing that pazaak bull****, and i can't even KILL the guy to get my money back!!!!!

MerimacHamwich
07-29-2003, 05:17 PM
I don't understand how you are mad at this game. You CAN play as a sith. All you have to do is be evil, say bad things and do bad things, you will turn to the dark side. Its not like anyone in the starwars universe can just decide they want to become a sith warrior.

Pazaak is a gambling game, when you gamble you run the very high chance of losing money. If you lose money while gambling, you shouldn't be surprised, upset maybe, but you should be expecting to lose.

You wanted to kill the guy who you lost to in the middle of a bar? Let me tell you this, if you were able to do it, there would be no chance of you getting out alive. Thusly, they made it so you can't.

You honestly need to settle down and just play the game.

-edit-
Oh, and saying that the people who responded obnoxiously should leave implies that you yourself should also leave.

pepitonet
07-29-2003, 06:22 PM
i bet the guys has played morrowinds a lot therefore he is used to doing as he pleases thing that you can't do here this is a staight forward game you have to follow the path they have set up for you not much freedom

AlBoogy
07-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Oh, and saying that the people who responded obnoxiously should leave implies that you yourself should also leave. [/B]

LoL. Leave it to Merimac to point these things out.

Dre
07-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Hermes,

Your concerns are all simply because you haven't sunk enough time into the game yet. As you play, you'll learn alot and will start to really REALLY enjoy yourself.

As you explore, you'll eventually find the guy that gives out bounties and since you already killed one, you can claim that one right away.

You can be VERY evil in this game. I played through the whole game the 1st time as a really mean evil guy. My skin paled and you could see veins all over my face and my eyes went this evil yellowish color. There is a different ending depending on whether you choose the light or dark side.

I'm now on my 2nd way through the game as a light-side jedi and I'm very surprised at all the differences in dialogue and the way to complete quests.. lots of replayability here

Hermes Pan
07-29-2003, 07:36 PM
first of all, i can be as obnoxious as i want cuz THIS IS MY FUKKIN TOPIC!

ok, so i have to wait to become a sith. i'll do it. i just thought you were able to start off as a bad guy if i wanted to.

people are already done with this game? how long is it?

and yes, i'm used to morrowind. that's one great big death-fiesta for me!

Dre
07-29-2003, 08:08 PM
first of all, i can be as obnoxious as i want cuz THIS IS MY FUKKIN TOPIC!

ok, so i have to wait to become a sith. i'll do it. i just thought you were able to start off as a bad guy if i wanted to.

people are already done with this game? how long is it?

and yes, i'm used to morrowind. that's one great big death-fiesta for me!

You can start off as a bad guy. Your good/bad meter will change depending on your actions in the game. You don't get a menu asking you to choose to be good or bad all of a sudden (cuz that would just be lame), it happens according to what you do.

And the reason people are done with the game is cuz once you get sucked in, you're sucked in! My 1st character completed the game in 51 hours and that doesn't count all the times I had to reload after dying, etc. It takes around 40-60 hours to complete, but then you play as different characters, light or darkside it adds even more time. I'll probably sink a good 200+ hours in this game b4 I put it on the shelf until the downloadable content comes out.

And FYI, just because you start a topic doesn't give you the right to be obnoxious as you want and tell others to stop it themselves. If you want to be obnoxious, you gotta live with others being it too.

Arven
07-29-2003, 11:20 PM
I will plead guilty to the charge of obnoxiousness, but only on the condition that Hermes Pan admits that he is a chronic whiner.

AlBoogy
07-29-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Arven
I will plead guilty to the charge of obnoxiousness, but only on the condition that Hermes Pan admits that he is a chronic whiner.

*looks away from Arven*

*looks at Hermes Pan*