PDA

View Full Version : Vice City is now confirmed for Xbox.

Xbox Owner
07-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Another big announcement concerns a rumor (from a previous Xbox News Wrap) that has recently been confirmed as fact. Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City has long been rumored to be coming to Xbox. The only problem is that Sony has the rights to the Grand Theft Auto brand. So, how will Rockstar circumvent this? Easily. The game will simply be called Vice City. Reportedly, the game will be nearly identical to the PC version, and it might also allow for custom soundtracks—just in case you tire of all that 80s music. Look for it by Q1 2004.

http://www.xbox.com/gamerfeed/wrap-up072803.htm

Just for the people who doubted....

CarGuy
07-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Too bad i've already played through it and beat it. Since that's the case, i hope they add some new stuff and fix its problems.

WynnFire
07-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Woo hoo! Way to go Rockstar! Just wish I had known that before I bought it for the PC. Anyways, it looks great on plays good on my pc. :cheers:

goldberg
07-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy
Too bad i've already played through it and beat it. Since that's the case, i hope they add some new stuff and fix its problems.
yea i "bought" it for my pc, if theres extra things in vice city for the xbox, like enhanced graphics, but the graphics have to be very enhanced ill get it, if not ill stick with the pc version that i "bought"

mitch2025
07-28-2003, 11:04 PM
their is also a rumer that GTA3 will also come to xbox along with vice city on one disc! :wink:

AlBoogy
07-28-2003, 11:05 PM
The ONLY thing this does is keep the mainstream fan happy. You dont know how many friends of mine that ask me what system to get also ask "does it have Grand Theft Auto: Vice City?" Its a shame the mainstream fan doesnt recognize games like Panzer Dragoon or Shenmue.

No Fear 23
07-28-2003, 11:28 PM
umm, i may look into this, but in the meantime, i dont care about that game now.

MXracer721
07-29-2003, 12:13 AM
vice city on xbox is gonna be sooooo friggin awesome.

Ford Mustang
07-29-2003, 12:39 AM
Damn, too bad I already bought it for PC...that sucks...would have run alot better on Xbox with my ****ty video card.....:(

BigJosh359
07-29-2003, 12:42 AM
ZZZzzzzzZZzzzzz

/me wakes up

GTA VC on the Xbox? played it on the PS2 and PC...........

Boring!

Wake me up when GTA 5 comes to the Xbox in 2005.

They arent going to add anything to the game. Only people who havent played this would care. Can we please have a forum dedicated to all the freaks out there that get all excited about a GTA game coming to the Xbox after its been out for over a year or more....... :)

Im sure it will be just as fun on the Xbox as it was on both the PC and PS2. But in the meantime......

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DocHoliday78
07-29-2003, 06:47 AM
Well it took long enough for this game to come out on xbox. Too bad everyoen has already played and beaten this game.

wbio
07-29-2003, 09:44 AM
I've played it a lot, but never done the missions. My friend has it, and I go over to his house, and when we do play it (played it for the first time in a long time yesterday), we just ride around, go off jumps, and kill people. I will buy it for xbox, but It better not be $50

Snoopy7548
07-29-2003, 09:45 AM
ill buy it if i can sell my ps2...the only reason i bought the ps2 was to play vice city. haha...now i never play my ps2.

LTM360
07-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by MXracer721
vice city on xbox is gonna be sooooo friggin awesome.

*walks into thread*
screams, and cusses beyond reason
*leaves thread in disgust*

thrAsher
07-29-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
The ONLY thing this does is keep the mainstream fan happy. You dont know how many friends of mine that ask me what system to get also ask "does it have Grand Theft Auto: Vice City?" Its a shame the mainstream fan doesnt recognize games like Panzer Dragoon or Shenmue.

AlBoogy: you are right on here. I personally couldn't care less about the GTA series. It's fun for about an hour, then the monotony of the game makes me want to remove my eyeballs with a melon-baller.

Now, as far as Panzer Dragoon, that game is pure bliss. Beautiful, intuitive, and a wonderful reminder of how games 'used' to be made. But Shenmue I've avoided. I've never researched it or asked about it or anything. It's the sequel to the Dreamcast title, yeah? Either way, what makes it such a good game (or on par with PD like you seem to state). :huh:

pete_bhoy
07-29-2003, 12:27 PM
ill get this game for the pick up and play value it offers but thats it.

teh only real advantage this will have for the xbox owning public will be it takes all of the air out of the ps2 fanboys argument of why the ps2 is better than other consoles. they say "its got better games", "like what i ask", "VICE CITY they say". i start my rant about HALO being 10 times the game Vc is and they go off and get another ps2 fanboy to back them up until i walk off feeling deafeated but happy in my own mind to truly know the proclemation of M$, sorry....too far:eek:

Shadow20002
07-29-2003, 03:10 PM
Ohh, if someone ask me if i gonna pick it up or not, i will say noway straight away. :o

Stormlord
07-29-2003, 04:45 PM
I'd buy it if it does bring GTA III as a bonus. I'm just tired of my damn PS2 saying it can't read GTA3 and VC when I play. I won't get it on PC cause I'm too lazy to adjust all the settings to work properly on the PC. That's why I love Xbox the best. Hell my Xbox shorted out recently and I almost went insane. It must be Divine intervention cause right when it got fried a guy came by my work and sold me a BRAND NEW! Xbox with a new copy of Enter the Matrix all for $110. DOn't know if he got it legally but boy was I happy. :D :cool: :cheers:

LongBow
07-29-2003, 05:25 PM
Meh, Just another PS2 port. **** graphics, poorly remapped controls etc...

I liked GTA3 a bit better than Vice, The mucic was a bit more fun that 80s stuff we all know.

FuNkY mOnK
07-29-2003, 05:44 PM
If rockstar adds XBOX Live, that will justify the long awaited GTA. otherwise save the valuable space for worthy threads.

wbio
07-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
If rockstar adds XBOX Live, that will justify the long awaited GTA. otherwise save the valuable space for worthy threads.
I don't see that happening, but who knows. Like someone else said, I like it for the pick up and play value.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
07-29-2003, 08:23 PM
All i heard is that's it's a port of the PC version.....Mmm..i think that everybody that's wanted to play vice city....allready bought it for the PS 2 or the PC....only the most harden fanboys waited to play it on the xbox.... Microsoft and rockstar would have made a ton of money....if they would have gave us a new version....instead of a played out port.....

Kortiz
07-29-2003, 10:43 PM
I will probably end up picking up this game.....if it does come out. I haven't ever played it before, so I gotta see what all the fuss is about. The reason I don't pick up the PC version is.....well......PC gaming hasnt been much fun for me lately.....I dunno why, I guess it could be the size of my TV and the size of my monitor....

I will, however, wait until I see the price lower. I will not pay 50bucks for the game.

AlBoogy
07-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher

AlBoogy: you are right on here. I personally couldn't care less about the GTA series. It's fun for about an hour, then the monotony of the game makes me want to remove my eyeballs with a melon-baller.

Now, as far as Panzer Dragoon, that game is pure bliss. Beautiful, intuitive, and a wonderful reminder of how games 'used' to be made. But Shenmue I've avoided. I've never researched it or asked about it or anything. It's the sequel to the Dreamcast title, yeah? Either way, what makes it such a good game (or on par with PD like you seem to state). :huh:

Well, first things first. Shenmue and PDO are totally different games. So dont go thinking Shenmue is a rail shooter lol. Shenmue is an amazing adventure game because you can interact with practically everything. The story is amazing and there are so many different things to do in the game.

Basically, you take the role of Ryo Hazuki. He is on a mission to find the guy that murdered his father in front of his eyes. So the first Shenmue (on DC) was all about going around town and trying to find this person. You meet many different people that help you. And many others that try to get in your way. There are arcades, bars, you work and many other things. I could go on and on as anyone here who has played Shenmue could tell you. So at the end of the first one you fight one of the murderers helpers and he gets away by boat to Hong Kong. He goes after him on another boat. Hence, the start of Shenmue 2.

wbio
07-30-2003, 05:33 PM
WTF, I don't see it in the article anymore:watchout: :huh:

MXracer721
07-30-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by LTM360

*walks into thread*
screams, and cusses beyond reason
*leaves thread in disgust*

Hmmmm... i didnt know i was screaming and cussing beyond reason. Well, I didn't consider "friggin" cussing at all. I apoligize for the inconvenience. Maybe this will make you happy.

"Wow, Vice City is going to be on Xbox finally. This is going to be really fun because I haven't played Vice City on PS2 or PC. I'm so full of joy right now all because of this game."

There are u happy now? No screaming no cussing and I am not leaving the thread in disgust. (although i didnt the first time i posted)

wbio
07-30-2003, 07:54 PM

Hmmmm... i didnt know i was screaming and cussing beyond reason. Well, I didn't consider "friggin" cussing at all. I apoligize for the inconvenience. Maybe this will make you happy.

"Wow, Vice City is going to be on Xbox finally. This is going to be really fun because I haven't played Vice City on PS2 or PC. I'm so full of joy right now all because of this game."

There are u happy now? No screaming no cussing and I am not leaving the thread in disgust. (although i didnt the first time i posted)
No, he was saying that he walked into the thread, and started screaming and cussing beyond reason and walked out, not you.

NO-KIDS-STUFF
07-31-2003, 12:29 AM
Ill be getting it. And hopefully playin it during my Christmas vacation.

Xbox Owner
07-31-2003, 01:01 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

he wasn't talking about u..he was talking about himself

MXracer721
07-31-2003, 02:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA im an ass. please excuse me.

but why did he quote me and then say that? im still an ass tho, i apologize lol

wbio
07-31-2003, 05:25 PM
Ah, nm, I just got Vice City yesterday, (no not on kazaa, but there are other ways for you not to pay...), so i probably won't pick this up for Xbox.

Viper87227
07-31-2003, 09:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA im an ass. please excuse me.

but why did he quote me and then say that? im still an ass tho, i apologize lol

He quoted you because you said the game would be fantastic....which caused him to cuss, as its aparent he doesnt like the game :huh:

MXracer721
07-31-2003, 10:15 PM
thx for clearing that up, cuz OBVIOUSLY i was confused lol :D

Sound2TheBay
08-01-2003, 12:37 AM
I would consider this to be good news. I played it a little bit at a friend's house, but wasn't impressed by it enough to buy a PS2 like most people. I will buy it now that it's coming to Xbox.

AlBoogy was on point in his post. Shenmue II is a great game. :cool:

Highlite23
08-01-2003, 09:48 AM
Great if you havn't played it...................I never really understood the fascination with this game.:confused:

Played it for about 5 hrs and never looked back.

Flood
08-01-2003, 10:01 AM
vice city and GTA3 are great "pick up and play" games. if you ever need to waste time, these 2 games do the job. i've been missing them a lot since i sold my PS2....can't wait to be able to run people over on the Xbox :)

Anthony4sho
08-01-2003, 08:11 PM
I never played Vice City, and never beat GTA3, so I'll probably buy it if they don't sell it at a brand new price. It would be reasonable at about 39.99.

MixMasta
08-02-2003, 11:21 PM
If State of Emergency was 20 bucks when it came out, I hope VC will be too. I have never played VC, although I have played a lot of GTA3. They are very fun pick up and play style games, and I plan on picking this up.

Trento52
08-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Hey who brought up panzer dragoon orta and shemnue becuase those are products of sega and they are great games but they didn't do as well as they should of, it seems sega is always turned down or ignored.

l Maximus l
08-03-2003, 11:45 PM
I'll likely pass on Vice City...but, that's just me

MerimacHamwich
08-04-2003, 02:22 AM
From my experiences with Vice City so far, it is way better than GTA 3. It would definetly be a buy for the mature Xbox gamer. Max, don't give up on it just becuase it originated on the PS2.

LTM360
08-04-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227

He quoted you because you said the game would be fantastic....which caused him to cuss, as its aparent he doesnt like the game :huh:

you got it. I'd pretty much say "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is one of the worst games ever made, and easily the most overrated!"

Game Informer - 10
GMR - 10
LTM360 - 0

warriorboy0302
08-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Ooooo.... Big frickin deal. I couldn't care less that it's coming onto XboX

MerimacHamwich
08-04-2003, 02:13 PM
Man, you guys are seeming like ultra-fanboys. When it comes to True Crime: Streets of LA you are drooling but when Vice City is talked about you spit. Honestly, even if it was a PS2 exclusive for a while, that doesn't mean it isn't a fun game, becuase despite common belief, the Playstation 2 does have some fun games.

I mean, I am one of the biggest PS2 "haters" out there, but I like Vice City. Its just a fun game, with cool '80's music.
:cheers:

LTM360
08-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Man, you guys are seeming like ultra-fanboys. When it comes to True Crime: Streets of LA you are drooling but when Vice City is talked about you spit. Honestly, even if it was a PS2 exclusive for a while, that doesn't mean it isn't a fun game, becuase despite common belief, the Playstation 2 does have some fun games.

I mean, I am one of the biggest PS2 "haters" out there, but I like Vice City. Its just a fun game, with cool '80's music.
:cheers:

search all of my posts, im sure youll find a few that say "...and I hate when Xbox fanboys say "Who cares about GTA, we got True Crimes!" since this game is only a cheap rip-off of a very boring game." I bought Vice City, and me and Warriorboy will both agree its a pretty terrible game.

I NEVER hyped up True Crimes, and I do agree PS2 has some great games (Final Fantasy X, Stuntman, Xenosaga), but I have no interest in owning the system. I dont know where the "fun" in Vice City comes, since I play games for story, difficulty, and replay value, and since most people would disagree and say Vice City has tons of replay value, well, when you own GTA3 I see no replay value whatsoever since they are the same thing! yeah, I liked the music alot, but with Xbox I can use my own, so its nothing I care too much about. This game too me less than 3 hours to finish ALL missions, I'm not gonna waste my time and 100% it, cause after 5 hours, I was too mad at this game to ever play it again.

I respect your right to like Vice City (though I dont see how anyone could), so :cheers: