PDA

View Full Version : Surge protectors

ARONO129
07-29-2003, 02:59 AM
I decided to buy a good quality surge protector to replace the average one I was using for my Xbox. I bought a Fellows Mighty 8 (with phone protection). Rated 1140 joules.

We just had a rare surge in the electricity and my Xbox immediately shut off (I was playing at the time). I'm not sure if my Xbox would have been fried but I'm sure glad I bought a good quality surge protector so it's one less worry.

If you don't have a quality surge protector then get one. You never know when you might need it.

DocHoliday78
07-29-2003, 06:44 AM
I got a surge protector but i dont know how good it is. It just makes more outlets for me.

Hugh_Jass
07-29-2003, 06:59 AM
I recommend a UPS. It provides cleaner power (extends the life of your XBOX) plus protection from brown-outs. The XBOX doesn't draw much power, so even a small UPS would be sufficient. I've seen them as low as $15 after rebate.

DocHoliday78
07-29-2003, 07:52 AM
Wow that is damp cheap. I might be able to find a better deal on ebay but then again i have never tried getting someting like this off of there. Its worth a shot though.

wbio
07-29-2003, 09:40 AM
I got like a $10, but i's supposed to cover up to $10,000 worth of damages, so I figured it was alright.

BCan
07-29-2003, 10:07 AM
I was about to reccomend a UPS as well, it's good for just about anything you have. Stereo equipment, PC's, consoles, etc. Anything that really needs a clean source of power needs it....

Might get a couple myself - one for my stereo/XBOX - that's one room, and the PC in the other...

I am sure my Onkyo 6.1 sound receiver would love the clean power......

Voodoo_Vince
07-29-2003, 12:15 PM
I have a APC Back up it's like a UPS it has a battery I also have surge protectors and a Line Stabilizer/Spike suppressor for my stereo