PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best Cables? for Xbox

Voodoo_Vince
07-29-2003, 12:28 PM
I recently discovered the advantage of Better Cables at first I used the cables that came with the Xbox, then I bought the advance AV pack and used some cables that come with Direct TV and I was amazed at the difference ,

then I bought some Phillips Magnavox Gold plated ones for 5 bucks at a Second hand store for 5 bucks and was even MORE amazed , Halo never looked so good , Morrowind is amazing and Splinter Cell is awesome and Now I WANT to play Onimusha, I highly suggest to anyone still using the ones that came with the Xbox to try better ones

I did some checking around and they have Cables that cost a fourtune , I found bettercables.com and wondered exactly how much better it could be , anyone have any really High end Cables that could tell me if it's worth 200.00 bucks for them??

JR Alberda
07-29-2003, 01:51 PM
For one thing if you have a killer audio system complete with reciever, like myself and alot of others here, the thing you must get is the digital optical cable for the sound. You havent played xbox until you have played it in dolby surround. For video really just get some good cables if you cannot use Svideo.

Variation-XBA
07-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Monster cables are the top of the line... go for those, and they make a HUGE difference if you got HDTV

l Maximus l
07-30-2003, 12:26 AM
I have the Monster 400 Series Component Video Cables that are made for the XBox and I'm running their proprietary TOSLINK Fiber Optic cable for my surround sound. I have my XBox connected to my Toshiba HDTV...and, well...I'm damn impressed every time I turn on the black and green beast. I don't recall how much they were, but, I do remember getting a discount on them because someone bought the cables and returned them because they thought they would work on their TV and apparently didn't. So, I got 20% because of the open package :D

They are definately high quality cables, however, I believe you would be pressed to see a difference between them and what you get from the High Definition A/V pack from Microsoft.

The real use for the cables is when you're playing games that support resolutions at 720p and above. But, I will say that many 480p games look pretty sweet, too...much better than any tube running the standard Composite cables that come with the XBox when you initially purchase it.

BCan
07-30-2003, 08:38 AM
If you have the HDTV, and the Dolby Digital receiver, I'd also suggest getting a UPS for it all, you'll also be surprised how a clean power supply will clean up the sound.

l Maximus l
07-30-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by BCan
If you have the HDTV, and the Dolby Digital receiver, I'd also suggest getting a UPS for it all, you'll also be surprised how a clean power supply will clean up the sound.

I agree...I actually have to UPSs...one for my computer and the other is for, like you said, my HDTV, Receiver, DVD Player, and the like :) Good call!