PDA

View Full Version : Staff Need.

raciviusdawn
07-29-2003, 01:20 PM
hey guys/gals it's RD. my first post is this. i read a post on the xbox.com forums that there were some staff openings here and i hope i can get some further detail.

thanks.

:cool:

xboxman_1
07-29-2003, 01:23 PM
hey guys/gals it's RD. my first post is this. i read a post on the xbox.com forums that there were some staff openings here and i hope i can get some further detail.

You wouldnt happen to be an illegal alien who just crossed the border looking for work??? By the way you type, its either that, or you're actually Yoda in disguise.

Chaotic
07-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by raciviusdawn

thanks.

Sorry but i doubt it :o

RudedogX
07-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Look at the conact info in the lnfo menu, that should help you.:watchout:

Kraft
07-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Wow, can you give us a link to that post? For this would be the first time *ever* of promoting open staff positions... and it would be made doubly weird by the owner of this site, stephen-xba, being away on vacation; as he is the one who decides if we really do need more people.

Flood
07-29-2003, 02:08 PM
im with kraft....i'd like to see this post

wbio
07-29-2003, 02:17 PM
I searched the forums for staff needed, and xbox addict, and xboxaddict.com, and didn't see anything on it...:watchout:

Kraft
07-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by wbio
I searched the forums for staff needed, and xbox addict, and xboxaddict.com, and didn't see anything on it...:watchout:

Same here.

BigJosh359
07-29-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by raciviusdawn

thanks.

Thats some good stuff you are smoking there. :)

This is news to me, if it really is news. Post a link.

The only Xbox site that i have seen that is looking for staffers is http://www.xboxgamers.com

Try there. This isnt meant to be spam.

Kraft
07-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA

Thats some good stuff you are smoking there. :)

This is news to me, if it really is news. Post a link.

The only Xbox site that i have seen that is looking for staffers is http://www.xboxgamers.com

Try there. This isnt meant to be spam.

I am now banning josh for promoting a competetive Xbox site. Bye Josh :cheers:

BigJosh359
07-29-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

I am now banning josh for promoting a competetive Xbox site. Bye Josh :cheers:

WOOHOO! ITS BEEN FUN! BYE!!!!!

raciviusdawn
07-29-2003, 02:54 PM
I wish it were some good stuff I was smoking guys. lol

Anyway, it turns out it was some bad stuff. Here's the link in question:

RD's Blurred Vision (http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4189848)

You may all commence with the jokes. It was Active, not Addict.

Nevertheless, since some staff guys chose to reply, give me some scoop on Xbox Addict and its staff.

I'm good at what I do but if the party is all full then I'll bark up another tree. :D

Thanks for the response.

Kraft
07-29-2003, 03:00 PM
XBA staff is currently full, i.e. we aren't looking for anyone new at the moment. We've always stuck by the rule 'if you ask if you can be on staff, the answer will be no' and everytime staff has needed someone, XBA has approached someone, not the other way around.

BigJosh359
07-29-2003, 03:03 PM
XBA staff is currently full, i.e. we aren't looking for anyone new at the moment. We've always stuck by the rule 'if you ask if you can be on staff, the answer will be no' and everytime staff has needed someone, XBA has approached someone, not the other way around.

Don't forget the special "favors" we had or have to do for the top dawgs here on XBA.

I need and adult, I need an ADULT!!!!

:cry: :cry:

raciviusdawn
07-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Good deal Kraft. Thanks for the info. No need to get in an uproar though. It was a simple oversight on my part. This is my first time here so excuse me for not knowing "the way it normally goes for XBA".

Take care,

RD

Kraft
07-29-2003, 03:09 PM
There was no uproar, only concern. At first I was concerned that someone was spamming other sites with XBA need staff! or something to cause us trouble. Also I was just letting you know how staffing is handled in these parts :) Welcome to the site by the way!

DZNUTZ
07-29-2003, 04:03 PM

Don't forget the special "favors" we had or have to do for the top dawgs here on XBA.

LMAO

now i can see how Kraft made it in.

Kraft
07-29-2003, 04:15 PM
I made it in because they were supposed to send the email to someone else who's username started with a K, but misspelled it and it got sent to me. Fortunately, noone checked up on it and I got in!

FuNkY mOnK
07-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Wow! three mods in a row, Now, can someone please fix my email notification...Please.

Kraft
07-29-2003, 06:04 PM
The *actual* people to contact about fixing your email notification would be the admin: Jeremy-XBA. Whats wrong with your notification btw?

FuNkY mOnK
07-29-2003, 08:32 PM
The *actual* people to contact about fixing your email notification would be the admin: Jeremy-XBA. Whats wrong with your notification btw? ever since the new format my email notification does not alert me to post response. i've tried everything. i think the big cheese migth have to reset somthing on my account. :confused:

Arrix
07-29-2003, 08:37 PM

O man thats classic family guy there for ya. Get those Hams outta your shirt JOSH!

BigJosh359
07-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Arrix

O man thats classic family guy there for ya. Get those Hams outta your shirt JOSH!

Hey HEY! Don't park your van on the diving board, sir.

Arrix
07-29-2003, 10:07 PM

Hey HEY! Don't park your van on the diving board, sir.

O wait nevermind it's just a fat kid!

l Maximus l
07-30-2003, 12:20 AM
XBA hiring?! BWAHAHAHAHA!! Hell, I don't even have much to do! :D

Dream Theater
07-30-2003, 04:02 AM

I think you guys are sounding very unprofessional to this guy coming in looking for a job. All you had to do was to direct him in the direction of correct information to contact staff (via PM or some other way, like pleasant. You should have known this would stir up other (less mature) members and people would bash this guy. I think it was poor judgement on Xboxaddicts staff members. I wonder how your sponsors(If any) would like to read this thread. One of the most horrific displays of judgement I've seen so far on this site. The don't contact me we'll contact you attitude sucks. There are plenty of other informative Xbox sites out there. I certainly hope this person wasn't too young and impressionable. I also hope this person didn't have dreams and goals of becoming a journalist or really IS a fat kid as one member wrote, or you might have shattered it really quick. I may just print and send this out to any and all sponsors.

RudedogX
07-30-2003, 08:07 AM
There are no sponsors for this site, this site is a free site and non-profit. Also, the policy of don't ask has been discussed before and most members know it. The mods may not have been as professional as they could have been, but they did answer the question with honesty, while at the same time attempting to keep a level of levity in the situation. You may feel that this was not professional, but unfortunately, you're not able to please everyone all of the time.

Casper
07-30-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
There are no sponsors for this site, this site is a free site and non-profit. Also, the policy of don't ask has been discussed before and most members know it. The mods may not have been as professional as they could have been, but they did answer the question with honesty, while at the same time attempting to keep a level of levity in the situation. You may feel that this was not professional, but unfortunately, you're not able to please everyone all of the time.

No, Rude, there are sponsors here, hence the killer giveaways. But what is wrong with the "We'll call you if we need you attitude"? Do you not think the staff here goes to other sites and checks out the other writers? If this person wanted to write the owner, there's a staff page, he can go there, and do it himself as noone is stopping him.

And the fat kid joke - don't be a fool - that's just Family Guy....dam, some people just take these boards way, way too personal.

RudedogX
07-30-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by casper

No, Rude, there are sponsors here, hence the killer giveaways.
Damn you! You had to go and kill my argument didn't you?!?:cuss:

BigJosh359
07-30-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Dream Theater

I think you guys are sounding very unprofessional to this guy coming in looking for a job. All you had to do was to direct him in the direction of correct information to contact staff (via PM or some other way, like pleasant. You should have known this would stir up other (less mature) members and people would bash this guy. I think it was poor judgment on Xboxaddicts staff members. I wonder how your sponsors(If any) would like to read this thread. One of the most horrific displays of judgment I've seen so far on this site. The don't contact me we'll contact you attitude sucks. There are plenty of other informative Xbox sites out there. I certainly hope this person wasn't too young and impressionable. I also hope this person didn't have dreams and goals of becoming a journalist or really IS a fat kid as one member wrote, or you might have shattered it really quick. I may just print and send this out to any and all sponsors.

Unprofessional.......thats great, really it is. Look, we dont dont get paid enough to be business professionals around here. Actually, we don't get paid at all since this is a fansite. We put up with all the BS around here for nothing. We answered the guys question and we joked around. Hell he even joke around with us.

The whole "The don't contact me we'll contact you attitude". Thats just the way it has been on the site. I think most everyone one if not all the staffers where asked by another staffer if not Stephen-XBA to join the site. Thats not an attitude, thats just the way it is.

So i said, WHATEVER! :)

Some people..................find something better to do with your day then to try and start crap in a thread on an Xbox Fansite.

And the last time i checked, sponsors support the giveaways for the members on the site and the content we have, not on whats said by staffers in the forums. Maybe if i said the sponsors suck, but i haven't said that. They only thing sponsors would check for in the forums is modding with mod chips. BIG NO NO!

So whatever.....:)

And the Family Guy lines, The fat kid jokes? Duh, where have you been? One person starts it by saying a line from Family Guy and then other members carry it on with other one liners. The fat lines were not meant for anyone in particular. Just for fun.