PDA

View Full Version : Your Custom Halo Game Types

Reclaimer
07-29-2003, 11:43 PM
So what kind of Halo multiplayer games have you made up?

Here's our favorite:
Race Of Doom.

Race Mode 5 laps
Nav Beacons only
All Warthogs
Invisible players
Rocket Launchers
Infinite Grenades
This is a 4 player race around Blood Gulch. Except that only 3 people are going to race. The 4th person is chosen ahead of time to be the spoiler. Meaning, that person will wander the map and kill everyone that he can as the race is being carried out around him. No teams, no allegiances. You're all invisible, but that's not the point, the point is that the spoiler is invisible so a rocket could come out of nowhere.
There are other rules. You can kill spoiler by running him over if you see him. If you loose your hog after death, you can carjack someone. You can only engage in combat if you are out of a warthog, seeking another. The spoiler can take a warthog, but only as transport to a site. He can't actually race.

SoccerCJM77
07-30-2003, 08:29 AM
By meaning all warthogs are you talking about Halo 2. Well this little race thing you came up with sounds pretty cool

Reclaimer
07-30-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by SoccerCJM77
By meaning all warthogs are you talking about Halo 2. Well this little race thing you came up with sounds pretty cool

No, this is for the custom multiplayer game types you create in Halo1. In the race games, if you choose only warthogs for the vehicle settings in a four player game, four warthogs will be available to you. Likewise if you choose all ghosts, then there will be 4 ghosts for you. I haven't tried it with tanks though, because we figured it would be too slow. If you choose all vehicles for a race, one of each appears. I think there is two ghosts though, but we did that only once, so don't quote me on that.

So in this game we made, there are four warthogs to use, but only three are actually racing. The fourth warthog is unused unless the spoiler chooses to use it to get to a better kill site, or just to create some race course havok. But having that extra warthog comes in handy if the spoiler smokes you. Because you respawn and you have to run like hell to find a new 'hog to keep up with the race.
But the interesting factor in this game we made is that on the Blood Gulch level, with 4 players-3 racers. 2 people start from each base and the first check point is in the exact middle of the level in the path that cuts the fields in half. SO the first 3 or 4 seconds everyone is converging on that same point from two different directions, and on each side of the checkpoint is a hill, so everyone meets in mid-air and basically just falls onto the nav-point. Our spoiler pretty much is righ behind us and just starts shooting at the chaos in the middle of the course while everyone is trying to right up their crashed warthogs.
Something I didn't mention earlier is that you can complete all the nav points in Blood Gulch without exiting the warthog. Two of the checkpoints are on the canyon walls. But, one is on the canyon wall path next to the cave that normally contains the pistol. So instead of trying to go up the path next to the base bunker, you go to the middle of the field and drive up the side hill and turn onto the path, avoiding the giant rock in the middle. You go that way and you fit just fine and hit the point and jump the hog off. The other one after that is on the opposite canyon path and you can drive the hog up there without any extra planning or considerations.

Try it, it's fun. I promise.

SoccerCJM77
07-31-2003, 09:13 AM
I got what you mean now. Nice game;)

DisturbedMonkey
08-07-2003, 11:34 AM
i made up one called ninjamonkey. It has no sheilds and 50% health. You have 5 lives with snipers, and ur invisible. It is slayer and u have to kill in order, kinda like a hitman. ;) That is one of my favorites.:p

mitch2025
08-14-2003, 11:17 AM
mine is rockets 2. it is the same as rockets but their are no sheilds, no raidar, inf. granades, no team play, and of course rockets only.

note: best played chiron TL34

armyof_one/ltd
08-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Mine is cold CORTIST
Its nothing special in fact its really simple, The weapons are all rocket launchers, the grenades are infinite and every thing else is normal.

It´s nothing out of the blue but is still very fun.