PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR crashes?

Hugh_Jass
07-30-2003, 07:55 PM
I'm running around the tombs at the Sith Academy. Whenever I restore a saved game I get the infamous "dirty disc" error. I know for a fact that the disc is spotless because I'm very anal about that type of thing AND it's only been handled long enough to put it in the XBOX. (It's never left the XBOX since I bought the game.)

1) Has anyone else experienced KOTOR crashes?
2) Is there any way to move my saved games to a memory card?

If this means my XBOX is dying I'm going to mod the d@mn thing.

MerimacHamwich
07-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Maybe there was something on the disc before you put it in the Xbox. Take it out and look at it.

thrAsher
07-30-2003, 08:20 PM
My disc has played nice. A few hiccups, but no crashes.

I'd say try your copy on somebody elses Xbox. Or poke around the forums at BioWare to see what people are saying.

Again, I've had no problems w/ my copy. If worse comes to worse, return it for the same game, and try that disc. If you're still having problems, I'd say you got hardware problems.

As far as the memory card issue, check out the 'manual' that came w/ your box. Or poke around your dashboard a while.

:cheers:

*edit* And please, don't mod your box. Just buy a PC. :D :D :D

Xbox_Fiend
07-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Actually I have to when i am in the enviromental suit and i am about to enter a door it says this door is locked then starts to load and then gives me the Disk is dirty bs.

Hugh_Jass
07-31-2003, 03:11 PM
There is some small comfort knowing I'm not alone in KOTOR crashes. I'm going to try loading a different saved game to see if that makes a difference.

BTW--Just because I might mod my XBOX doesn't mean I intend to pirate games. I just figured if I have to spend $179 to replace it I could spend $80 on a mod chip/pogo combo and use my own spare 120G hard drive I have sitting around (and maybe even recover my saved games from the old hard drive).

MetalSludge
07-31-2003, 03:13 PM
Well from what I heard at the local EB there is some problems with some of the disks that cause this. I got a really good friend who works there and he has taken back 3 of them and finally got one that works right. He said its a problem with the disks. I would take it back and get a new one if I were you.

pepitonet
07-31-2003, 09:12 PM
it only crashed on me once while i was battleing malak on thge star forge

AlBoogy
07-31-2003, 09:18 PM
Im probably not going to make you feel better but it's probably your Xbox. Is yours a launch box? I was beginning to get lots of dirty disc errors with my launch box. To the point where it would only play BRAND NEW discs. If it had the lightest scratch or fingerprint on it, you could forget about it. I had to constantly eject the disc, clean it, put it back in and hope for the best. Mod the bastage!

Liquid Gears
08-01-2003, 03:16 AM
Same problem with mine Huge_Jass.

wiegraf_pso
08-01-2003, 08:35 AM
Mine froze once during the opening movie (Where the Endar Spire is getting trashed). Other than that, the only trouble I've had was in the game itself.

One time, I was doing that Sandral-Matale feud thing, and I'd just talked to that Sandral dude, and his daughter came out and was gonna talk to us, but I guess she got stuck on one of my characters because they were in the way or something. All you could see of her on the screen was her elbow when she tried to move.

I guess instead of coming out to have a conversation with us, she came out to get to a certain point bofore she wanted to talk to the person she'd been bumping into for 20 minutes.

I just let it sit there and went to check my e-mail, and it had sorted itself out after 20 minutes or so.

*shrug*

Arven
08-01-2003, 08:42 AM
This is kind of stupid, but I found that once I started pressing the A button firmly when I asked it to save, I no longer had any problems. Before, I would tap it briefly, and I would sometimes get stuck during the saving process. Once I got a corrupted save. But since I started pressing the button firmly, no more problems. Hmpf.

Highlite23
08-01-2003, 10:06 AM
There is a glitch of sorts on some disc's........we were told ( I work at GS part time) that if you put the disc in the first time give it about 10 minutes before playing.

So far our "Regulars" have stated this corrects the problem.

Spaztic
08-01-2003, 01:21 PM
I only had one freeze so far....happened to be when i didn't save for awhile, but after a couple beers I was ok....

AndroidParanoid
08-03-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
but after a couple beers I was ok....

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :p