PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Yamauchi Speaks.. ( you know the old guy)

wyst
11-03-2000, 05:24 AM
<font color=green>Well, Hiroshi Yamauchi has again spoken to the press, but this time it's funny..
here is some of what Mr.Nintendo had to say.</font>

"The essence of game design is to develop new types of fun, to constantly strive to raise the bar of perfection. Despite this, software companies keep on making IIs, IIIs, even VIIs, VIIIs and IXs. "

<font color=green>Uhhhh,,, isn't that what Nintendo Lives on?</font>

"I've been told that Sony won over Nintendo by surrounding itself with software companies, and I will admit that situation was there in the past. However, times have changed, and it's no longer a race to see how many useless companies you can get on your side. There are many people in the industry that know nothing about games. In particular, a large American company is trying to do the same thing by engulfing software houses with money, but I don't believe that will go well. It looks like they'll sell their game system next year, but we'll see the answer to that the following year. "

<font color=green>Uh huh... So, having 162 developers, and mind you, MS does not have to accept every title that just anyone wants to throw your way is a bad thing??

I guess having 78 developers (N64) and just releasing 4 good titles a year is enough for him.

Didn't he claim he was retiring 2 years ago??</font>

<font color=blue> Source: Wit Capital</font>

------------------
I never use signatures

[This message has been edited by wyst (edited November 03, 2000).]

Underdog
11-03-2000, 01:22 PM
I thought he was dead.

Judging by his statements, someone forgot to take their happy pill today.

I can't believe that remark he made, "The essence of game design is to develop new types of fun, to constantly strive to raise the bar of perfection. Despite this, software companies keep on making IIs, IIIs, even VIIs, VIIIs and IXs. "

His memory must be failing him in his old age. He must not remember the Mario series! http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/smile.gif

Kamshaft
11-03-2000, 06:30 PM
Mr. Nintendo is gone wacky I think.

Samwise
11-04-2000, 06:16 AM
Ah, he should have retired many years ago. http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/wink.gif

Well he seems to also have forgotten about the numerous Pokémon games! Argh, I really hate that series. http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/smile.gif

wyst
11-04-2000, 02:12 PM
<font color=green> Just for you Sam....</font>

<font color=yellow><font size=14>Gotta Catch `Em All!!</font>

------------------
<font color=lime><SPAN style="position:relative;
width:85; height:100; filter:glow(Color=blue,strenght=#1)">I Never Use Signatures</SPAN></font>

[This message has been edited by wyst (edited November 04, 2000).]

wyst
11-06-2000, 06:09 PM
Hmmm... ( I am just thinking about something I see on here )

Nevermind.

( Oh and I would not put too much faith in anything xbox360.com has to say... I am sure they are bound to get one right eventually, and perhaps the blueprint is that one, but still they have a credibility rating of 0)

------------------
I never use signatures

[This message has been edited by wyst (edited November 06, 2000).]

Dabomb
03-08-2003, 08:12 PM
lol thats funny

The Informer
03-09-2003, 03:07 AM
Didn't he claim he was retiring 2 years ago??

He just retired from the President postion at Nintendo. He still heads up a board of directors or something.

Discretion
03-09-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by The Informer
He just retired from the President postion at Nintendo. He still heads up a board of directors or something.

The guy who asked the question Informer bumped a 3 year old thread... What an idiot lol... Not you Informer, I am referring to DaBomb.

SPARTAN VI
03-09-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Discretion
The guy who asked the question Informer bumped a 3 year old thread... What an idiot lol... Not you Informer, I am referring to DaBomb.

That's why he was banned. Thank you Kraft-XBA :)

Knight
03-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
That's why he was banned. Thank you Kraft-XBA :)

He did this to 3 other super old thread. What a jerkoff Dabomb is.