PDA

View Full Version : Theres No Good Games To Get For Xmas

gidevil_54
12-14-2001, 11:17 PM
ok i was originally planning on getting Max Payne, Azurik, and Blood wake for christmas (even though blood wake is coming out after xmas) but after renting azurik I wasnt impressed enough to want to play it again. So I heard about Nightcaster coming out a couple days after xmas and decided to get that. But now after reading the <a href="http://xbox.ign.com/reviews/16185.html">Review</a> at <a href="http://www.ign.com">ign.com</a> for Nightcaster I don't think I want to get that either. I just want to get a game that I'm going to play for a lot of hours.... thats all, not too much to ask for. It looks like I'm going to have to wait till Spring for the good games to start coming out.

smack119
12-14-2001, 11:30 PM
yeah i didnt like azurik either. max payne is sweet, i dont know what games you have....but here are a few that i think are looking good....amped, air force delta storm, obi-wan, payne, halo, those aresome good titles imo

Hugh_Jass
12-15-2001, 07:13 AM
I'm guessing if you didn't like Azurik you won't like Oddworld, either. Those are my two favorite games so far (out of the ones I've tried).

anthrax0r
12-15-2001, 10:19 AM
For christmas I myself am getting amped, nhl2002, and hopefully WWF: Raw is War the day after, that is, if its not delayed.

Those are very good titles right now. The bulk of very good games will come out February-March, so start saving your cash :D

EthanQT
12-15-2001, 10:31 AM
Azurik is my kind of game! Did anyone try Shrek? I am planning to get that one.

anthrax0r
12-15-2001, 10:33 AM
I havent played shrek myself but it didnt get very favorable reviews. Though if you have young'ins playing it then it would besuitable for them.

Azimiza-XBA
12-15-2001, 10:42 AM
I am really glad that people are getting Azurik, that game should be in everyone's library. No loading screens... everything was just woosh. The action kicked ass. I used the halberd to launch out a water attack against a fire enemy and the thing turned into steam! It was so cool! Does anyone know how the game is doing in sales compared to other Xbox titles?

Supperdog
12-15-2001, 04:39 PM
try Star Wars StarFighter: SE...its beautiful, fast, smooth fun and F*CKIN ADDICTIVE!!

robnyack
12-15-2001, 11:46 PM
I bought Azurik, and sad to say, returned it. IT sounds like it might be a good game, and reviews I've read, said you need to have patience with it. Unfortunately for me, I did not have much patience for the game. I'm still at the stage where I want every xbox game to totaly blow me away at first site.

I think alot of new xbox owners are like that right now, and too bad for Azurik, it might not get the attention that it might deserve.

BUT, there are some great games out there for Xmas.

Halo (if you have xbox and don't have Halo, then there is something wrong with you),

Madden 2002 - a great game,
NFL Fever - a great game

(give the edge in graphics to Fever, and an edge to Madden for indepth game play.....both games are great, can't lose with either one)

Munch's OddWorld - LOVE this game. It's prolly not for everyone, but, the game looks INCREDIBLE, and is completely sucks you into their weird odd world.

Star Wars : Starfighter, I was not too thrilled with. Looks very nice, but sorta dumb game if u ask me. Why do we get that and GameCube gets Rogue Squadron????? Still, HIGH HOPES for the Obi Wan game due out very shortly.

Max Payne I have on PC and it ROCKS. I hear the game plays even betteron the xbox. A must have.