PDA

View Full Version : BC Interview with Ben Cousins

XboxGamers
07-31-2003, 01:52 AM
BC is on my most wanted list!

July 30, 2003 - One of the most anticipated Xbox exclusive titles of 2004, along with Halo 2, Fable and Conker: Live and Uncut, BC has already captured the imagination of many gamers, including non-Xbox owners. Wide open environments where you're free to do anything at any time with your main character are becoming commonplace, but in BC that wide open, living environment is going to be populated with all sorts of dinosaurs and other prehistoric critters. Some will be out to kill, other will be out to be killed. As the leader of a tribe of desperate humans your job is to ensure your tribe --and thus humanity's-- survival through strategic planning, skill development and all out combat with the natural dangers of prehistory.

This premise has been enough to get people drooling, but a flood of questions about what you will and will not be able to do in such a freeform game. While we didn't exactly unleash a flood of those questions on Ben Cousins, we did put our most burning questions to the lead designer of BC. When you get one BC dropping facts about another, you come with all kinds of interesting tidbits. I mean, who knew you'd be able to have pet dinosaurs in BC?

Read on and you'll find out.

IGN: Will there be a specific mission structure in BC? If so how will it work?

Ben Cousins :There are a few different ways the player is presented with missions. Sometimes the humans in the world give you a specific story mission related to their situation. For instance you may come across a group of cave people who have been nearly wiped out when attacked by a creature. It might be up to the player to discover what attacked them and to try to kill it or otherwise remove it from the area

Also the player may simply discover a mission in the course of exploring the environment - for example stumbling on a dark cave system inhabited by a previously unseen enemy

Finally missions may arise organically out of the shifting nature of the eco-system, set off by the fluctuating populations of predators and prey in the world. I can't go into specifics here, but these missions will probably be encountered by different players at different times.

Get more here.
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/431/431293p1.html

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/bcinterview460.jpg

DocHoliday78
07-31-2003, 03:33 AM
Shifting of eco systems! OMG that is freakin awesome man. This game has got me so excited.

Kraft
07-31-2003, 03:45 AM
You guys should have read the BC preview that Lynx did right after e3. It had most of that info in it already and you could have known it months ago ;)

thrAsher
07-31-2003, 11:53 AM
Just read this over at IGN. Most of the news is anything but, except I had no idea that you would have people who could command packs of dogs. That's just too cool! I've seen some forums where these guys are already planning out how they're gonna set up their tribes and camps and such. Some have done up some pretty elaborate drawings, also.

Shadow20002
07-31-2003, 10:28 PM
By the same creator of Fable, couldn't go wrong with him. :p